COD4 for $14.99 on Steam

Bought. I had this for 360 back when it first came out but don't have that copy anymore. Was really pleased to be able to pick it up for PC for $15 today. Great deal on a fantastic game. Some of the most fun in an online shooter I've had was with this game, looking forward to going through it again on PC :p

Will be picking this up tomorrow.
Wish there is a 4 pack (Don't think there is?)

Obligatory fuck MW2 comment :p

loving BF:BC2 - how does this game compare to that one. aware of all the complaints of MW2. :)

dedi servers and mods. I'm in.

Besides the sp in this one is much better than MW2 IMO.

I bought COD4 and WaW a little while ago on Steam when it was on sale so I wouldn't have to deal with discs again, good deal. If you wanna convert your safe game, simply change your games CD key on your old install to the Steam version CD key, make a change to your kit or play a round (I just do this for good measure) and transfer them to the Steam version.

It's like BF1942 and DC, sometimes people just feel like playing them.

Sounds good — thanks for the heads up. OWNERSHIP: MAKE IT SO, STEAM.

What's the single player like in this game? Long/short? All action or action and some stealth? I guess I'm one of the few that has no interest in multiplayer, but I'm looking for another good single player game.

What's the single player like in this game? Long/short? All action or action and some stealth? I guess I'm one of the few that has no interest in multiplayer, but I'm looking for another good single player game.

Its short, took me about a day (a holiday at the workplace, really quite), but it has a good mix of stealth and action, not everything is about shooting the place up. My favorite parts were the sniper mission. This was the single player campaign that changed the single player experience for me and in someways still feels better the MW2. Then to go back to what feels more rail driven in WaW was so disappointing.

Took me 6 hours in one sitting on a rental.

Man I have it on DVD, but I think I'm going to grab it so I have it on Steam.

Huh. Doing this during the holiday sale would have been perfect.

Then again, it did remain a top seller at regular price during all of those mega-sales.

It had been on sale just on the weekend of Oct 30 for $23, holiday was to close and they had WaW on sale then.

Still tons of Hardcore populated servers, if anyone is wondering

fixed

although promod servers are on the rise it seems.

SP is definitely more fun then MW2's. MW2 felt too Michael Bay-esque and seems shallow. Length wise, again longer than MW2. Playing on hardened, MW1 took me a couple days, alot of pinch points where it seemed impossible. On MW2, only took me 4 hours to complete.....again, on hardened. This wasn't even speed running neither.

MP, can't say since I don't own MW2 (I am still boycotting the game....i know, a gamer that sticks to his word!? unheard of). I have played it for 360 though at friends' houses (boycott only called that I not buy the game :p). Going backwards, I can definitely see some people could be underwhelmed by the amount of stuff MW1 has to offer in terms of content. Even without the fancy kill/death streaks, insignias, and weapon mods, MW1 is still pretty fun to run through. No prestige means leveling up to max level is easy and no pressure to go any higher :D.

I borrowed my brother's disc for this a while back and played through it. It was pretty fun, enough that I'm buying a copy for myself now. I've never played the multi-player.

I've never been a fan of Modern Warfare MP, but CoD4's solid single player definitely makes this a strong purchase if you haven't played it before.

i grabbed it as well, played a couple quick online matches, its the same exact MP as MW2, but on dedicated servers... i love it :D

I had to bite on this...one of the best MP games in recent history, and one of the most popular online shooters ever. How can you go wrong?

I needed another multiplayer game other than TF2; this should do nicely.

steam and retail are the same, they both play on the same servers, and if you look at xfire.com, youll see that mw1 is the 2nd most played game after WoW

because its so much better than MW2 :p

i said the same thing about game play when it MW2 first came out, same game play, but better maps in MW1, + servers :p make sure you all try out all the mod servers(paint ball is especially fun)

finally after all this time it was at a price I could deal with. I picked it up just for the single player so there was no way I was paying more than 20 bucks for that. anyway I have played a couple of hours and its pretty decent but not as good as BC 2.

Back