COD4 Crashing--iw3sp.exe error

jackbauer

[H]ard|Gawd
anyone else getting this in the retail version?? i have found some info about this in the Demo but the fix hasnt worked and i have really tried everything. activision isnt much help other than asking for dxdiag files....

edit---i do NOT use xfire!!!!!

anyone else getting this in the retail version?? i have found some info about this in the Demo but the fix hasnt worked and i have really tried everything. activision isnt much help other than asking for dxdiag files....

Well, hypothetically, if you were using a no-cd crack by a group called something similar to lazer-9011, the first crack would cause these problems, but an updated crack is available.

I think it's because of your Xfire causing that. I turned it off and it went away.

Well, hypothetically, if you were using a no-cd crack by a group called something similar to lazer-9011, the first crack would cause these problems, but an updated crack is available.

That gave me a good laugh ;) . I think that anybody who has ever been to any bit torrent sites could have got that one.

That gave me a good laugh ;) . I think that anybody who has ever been to any bit torrent sites could have got that one.

use megagames.com ;) . It could also be a driver problem with antialiasing not running on application mode. Happened to me :)

i had to reinstall the game for it to finally allow me to play multi

well i do have a legit copy that i bought. however i even tried downloading the cd crack to see if that helped and it doesnt. also i dont use xfire and i have turned evey process off that had my user name next to it except explorer.

i just dont know what the hell to do. i just got another response back from activision and get this, they told me to plug in my mic. really is that going to do anything?? i have however had my mic plugged in the whole time because i leave it in for BF2.

i guess i will see about getting another cd crack and see if that is going to work. i think i should have the right to do that given that i have asked activision for help and they cant seem to do shit.

so what did you do to fix that??

Just need to set anti-aliasing/vsync to application mode in the driver options and control it in the cod4. Was giving me a split screen all looking corrupted and most of the time i got a directx encountered an error when i changed the settings in game. Changing the driver settings fixed it ;)

ok i will try that when i get home but i am pretty sure it is set that way now. i also have a P5NSLI mobo and it comes with Realtek HD audio. i tried to update to the 11/8/07 drivers and i still have the same problem... i am going to change over to Vista and see if that helps tonight. if that is the only thing that works, then i am going to hold Activision responsable for making me change from XP!!!!!

I use a P5N motherboard as well and it comes with a Realtek HD sound card as well and I have no problems in XP.

Make sure directx update was installed when you installed the game. It updates the 9.0c to the latest files. Its most likely required to play.

i have no idea what the problem is. really i have tried everything and in different combinations.

I uninstalled SoundMax and just installed the realtek drivers only and nothing changed.

there is actually a more recent DX9.0c update than want is on the DVD. i have done both however and there is no change in results.

there is actually a more recent DX9.0c update than want is on the DVD. i have done both however and there is no change in results.

No need to install the DX9c files if you are using Vista, it already has them.

i did a full format and reinstall of Vista 32bit and that seems to have fixed the problem. i also changed my mobo out. i had a p5nsli. i took everything out of my setup-cpu,gpu,ram- and put them in my brothers comp and had no problems. so what i did was buy a new DP35DP intel board and reinstalled vista and that seems to have helped.

Back