CoD3 on the Wii

Rocketpig

[H]ard|Gawd
Yeah, I know, the graphics aren't as good as the PS3 or 360, blah blah blah... But has anybody played this game on the Wii? And am I the only one suffering through the insanely difficult learning curve with the WiiMote?

Man, I've played a lot of FPS on consoles but never have I had such a hard time moving/aiming/doing anything productive.

I bought Far Cry for my Wii and I will tell ya that its a major PITA to play with the Wiimote and the nunchuck. there's just too many damn things that need to be done at the same time and aiming accurately is such a PITA its not even funny.

$50 down the drain. oh well......

I actually loved playing through COD 3 because of the control scheme. As a PC gamer though, I don't know how the fuck you console people ever played FPSs with those stupid analog sticks. In the N64 days with GoldenEye it was great because it was new, but nine years later? Unbelievably poor level of control...

Anyway, with the wiimote (and having adjusted the sensitivity) I found it significantly more satisfying blowing the shit out of nazis because it felt as though I was actually getting better at pointing and shooting. I was able to properly circle-strafe within a few minutes of playing the game, and didn't ever have to struggle with the controls. I did notice though that rather than a learning curve with the wiimote I found areas with a significant difference in level of difficulty through the game, which resulted in me having to play some of the sections over a few times.

As for Far Cry, I heard it was just a sloppy job that just plain sucked.

If Far Cry adopted the control scheme of CoD3 at least that part of the game would be great.

CoD3 for the Wii is excellent. The controls add a whole new dimension to the game. Unbelievable. :)

CKMorpheus said:
If Far Cry adopted the control scheme of CoD3 at least that part of the game would be great.

CoD3 for the Wii is excellent. The controls add a whole new dimension to the game. Unbelievable. :)

What I think we're *definitely* going to need for Wii when it comes to first person shooters is a gun peripheral for the Wiimote to plug into, with a passthrough for the Nunchuck. That'd make the aiming bit just *way* more accessible.

Kind of like what they are showcasing here?

CIMG0228-1147363403465-200_150.JPG

Link to article, but i've seen the gun attachment before quite a while ago. I just dont think it has been released yet:

Linky

Rocketpig said:
Yeah, I know, the graphics aren't as good as the PS3 or 360, blah blah blah... But has anybody played this game on the Wii? And am I the only one suffering through the insanely difficult learning curve with the WiiMote?

Man, I've played a lot of FPS on consoles but never have I had such a hard time moving/aiming/doing anything productive.

yea i played it on the wii.. and i like it a lot to be honest.. it took alittle time to get use ot the controls..

you may want to adjust the sesitivity in the game..

i played cod3, it was interesting.

i couldn't control it very well and my aim went to shit because the wii remote was so sensitive, but it was definitely an interesting experience.

I'm doubly screwed with the controls because I'm a lefty. That means I'm controlling the character with my right hand (something I've never done in any game previous to usinig the Wii) and aiming with my left.

But, with that said, it's getting better. I'm slowly starting to get better at strafing and shooting on the run. I'm still at about 1/10th the accuracy of my CS days, but it's improving.

If I had a Wii for about six months before trying this, it probably wouldn't even be a problem. The controls are kinda cool once you get used to them, and driving is pretty fun (just beat that level).

Back