COD2 Community Protest

defiant

Limp Gawd
http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=20288

It looks like the Call of Duty 2 community is very pissed off with the developer - Infinity Ward and are planning a boycott by "mass server shutdowns of all Call of Duty games at a time of our choosing" (thanks Alistair Russell)
The statement should include the following:
1. When will you include an Anti-Cheat system for COD2?
2. When you you release your 1st patch for COD2?
3. What will it include?
4. What other plans have you for the support of the Call of Duty Games?
5. What will you do to ensure this situation does not arise again?

Failure to comply with this very simple request will result in the following action:

We will actively encourage ALL Clans, Leagues, Ladders, Players, Admins and server providers to enforce a series of 24hr mass server shutdowns of all Call of duty games at a time of our choosing.

Don't take this lightly, word spreads, people won't buy a broken toy. This has never been done before and do you really want to go down as the first and only companies to have it's client/fan base take such drastic measures in order to simply be given some regular information about a product, the choice is yours alone.

WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED ANY LONGER.

I agee wholeheartedly, COD2 multi is a giant step back :mad:

OMFG you guys are JACKA**'s!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.)I been playing COD 2 Multi-Player for the past week now ALOT, and hardly encounter these so called "cheaters."

2.)Why the fuck(excuss my language) do we need a patch right now? The game is pretty flawless, yeah there might be a couple bugs, but nothing major. It hardly been a month since it was released and you are already bitching about how we need a patch!!!

3.)Probably just some optimizations for the engine and such, not that it needs it badly. Yes it may not run good at high settings without SLI. The game engine is pretty demanding on todays hardware and only the people who are lucky enough to have SLI GTX's have the pleasure to run it at high settings. The software programmers out there, are learning quicker than the hardware engineers, and game engines are becoming way to advance for todays hardware.

4.)They will probably in a year release an expansion to COD 2 like they did with COD 1.

5.)They are doing a pretty good job, and cant see what they are doing wrong, The deliver kickass products to the table, that are not buggy that it cant be played, and will evenetually release some patches.

A statement to tell the Admins and players to stop playing the multi player is the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Alot of people out there rent there servers so the people can play on them without lag or very minamal lag. If they shut them down, they would be paying for something they arnt even putting to use. And renting servers, is not that cheap I might add. I doubt Infinity Ward would care also. They dont charge for the Multi-Player, its basically a add on. Most people who brought the game for the Muti-Player, has probably already brought it, so I doubt they will lose business over people buying the game because the "servers are shut down." Im not sure if Infinity Ward rents out server space or not, but even if they do, I doubt it many. Alot of Admins out there search for the best rental price and company out there. Usually the developer is not the place to go in my past experience in renting a CS server.

Now if this is towards, BF2, I might have to join that, as I was very excitied for this game, as it had so much potential, but very buggy and unstable, that I uninstalled it from my hard drive, as it was driving me nuts.

Lazy_Moron said:
Now if this is towards, BF2, I might have to join that, as I was very excitied for this game, as it had so much potential, but very buggy and unstable, that I uninstalled it from my hard drive, as it was driving me nuts.

Strange mines fine along with ALOT of other people's... oh how the tables have turned! :p

Unfortunately you're protest, while in good reason, will go unheard. Or atleast, ignored. If they're working on a patch, it'll be done and it'll include what it includes, when it's released.

Wait, i'm going to write to a major movie studio and ask what the new indiana jones movie is going to be about, what the twist is, and how it ends.

Are you sure this would work? I mean you already paid them for the game, it's like boycotting Sony by turning off your television and other Sony related paraphernalia, or boycotting Toyota by not driving the Toyota car you already bought from them.... :confused:

Lol, what exactly is the issue? the game is fine, and, tbh, if you're worried about cheats, don't be - chances are they're just people that played the original. Take me for example; i played CoD only for over a year, and, having taken a 6 month break building this new pc, jumped into CoD2 MP.

In the space of 3 minutes i got a K-D ratio of 11-0, and the next few rounds i got in rthe region of 30ish to 10-15. you just need to know how to play the game, and not to blame your own shitness on h4xx0rs

here is what IW said about COD
MODDING:
I'm a big fan of the mod community, so we tried to make COD as accessible to modding as possible - but the modders just weren't there. They were doing all kinds of mods for Allied Assault, but for Call Of Duty it wasn't anywhere near the same level. And we made the game much easier to mod than Allied Assault... In AA, there was nothing - you had to hack the executable to make a mod. So if I could go back and have time to work on the game more, I'd spend it making the game more accessible to the modding masses, with more robust tools.

There are a lot of COD mods...Heat of Battle, Revolt...2 off the top of my head, but IW thinks there are NO mods at all, which is a slap in the face to anyone who modded or made a mod. i know the heat of battle mod team and they are really pissed off about all this. i mean, they talk about making it easier to mod, yet they never released an SDK.

this is also one of the reasons the community was upset, so its not offtopic

Lazy_Moron said:

3.)Probably just some optimizations for the engine and such, not that it needs it badly. Yes it may not run good at high settings without SLI. The game engine is pretty demanding on todays hardware and only the people who are lucky enough to have SLI GTX's have the pleasure to run it at high settings. The software programmers out there, are learning quicker than the hardware engineers, and game engines are becoming way to advance for todays hardware.
Man my single gtx can run this game at full settings, with no probs what so ever! Not griping, just letting ppl know...lol!

If they won't provide support, they obviously don't give a flip weather you stop playing or not. They are marketing to the people who don't play online and who never get patches anyway.

Why do they give a fuck if we shut our servers down? They have our money, thats all they want/need. We need to find a way to reduce the CoD 2 sales, even if we do shut all of the servers down, people will still buy the game for SP. This needs to be planned much better in order for it to work. The only way for us to get them to cough up anything if we hit them in their wallets.

COD sucks ass. Its a backward step as far as MP goes, but all the SP fan boy review sites can rave about it all they want. COD:UO is WAAAAY better IMO. More crap++ and no gay "camp and recover" crap. Thats why i wont pay for COD2 :D

BurntToast said:
COD sucks ass. Its a backward step as far as MP goes, but all the SP fan boy review sites can rave about it all they want. COD:UO is WAAAAY better IMO. More crap++ and no gay "camp and recover" crap. Thats why i wont pay for COD2 :D

Yeah I like how you can get shot in the chest with an MG42, hide behind a wall, and pop out at 100% HP.

lol, it's a damn game. they will get to it when they do so chill out.

Lazy_Moron said:

1.)I been playing COD 2 Multi-Player for the past week now ALOT, and hardly encounter these so called "cheaters."

2.)Why the fuck(excuss my language) do we need a patch right now? The game is pretty flawless, yeah there might be a couple bugs, but nothing major. It hardly been a month since it was released and you are already bitching about how we need a patch!!!

4.)They will probably in a year release an expansion to COD 2 like they did with COD 1.

5.)They are doing a pretty good job, and cant see what they are doing wrong, The deliver kickass products to the table, that are not buggy that it cant be played, and will evenetually release some patches.

A statement to tell the Admins and players to stop playing the multi player is the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Alot of people out there rent there servers so the people can play on them without lag or very minamal lag. If they shut them down, they would be paying for something they arnt even putting to use. And renting servers, is not that cheap I might add. I doubt Infinity Ward would care also. They dont charge for the Multi-Player, its basically a add on. Most people who brought the game for the Muti-Player, has probably already brought it, so I doubt they will lose business over people buying the game because the "servers are shut down." Im not sure if Infinity Ward rents out server space or not, but even if they do, I doubt it many. Alot of Admins out there search for the best rental price and company out there. Usually the developer is not the place to go in my past experience in renting a CS server.

1. Its just a matter of time before cheaters come. Happens in every game. and i believe COD needs PB.

swatX said:
1. Its just a matter of time before cheaters come. Happens in every game. and i believe COD needs PB.

Yeah, I know it happens in all the popular multi-player games, but I seem to read alot about people complaing alot about all the hackers in COD 2, and I hardly encounter them. Like I said, I been playing this game alot lately, probably have about 40+ hours in this week for the multi-player, and maybe encountered 2 or 3 hackers.

Lazy_Moron said:
Yeah, I know it happens in all the popular multi-player games, but I seem to read alot about people complaing alot about all the hackers in COD 2, and I hardly encounter them. Like I said, I been playing this game alot lately, probably have about 40+ hours in this week for the multi-player, and maybe encountered 2 or 3 hackers.

I am not one to cal hax, however I believe I saw some on my first day of playing. I just bought this on Friday and by late Friday night, I saw two questionable players. Before I would call a hack though, can you disable smoke in MP, such that you can see through it but your enemies can't? The kill cam is awesome for showing potential BS. That was one, the other is more dubious and I tend to give the player the benefit of not haxing.

didn't people do this to bf2 when it first came out? in the end, it will all turn out fine ;)

OMG this is a fuken crack up lol.
In every game people cheat. Its parts of life cs has VAC but if you really want to cheat do you think VAC will put cheaters off they whole reason they cheat is to fuk newbies like the poster who needs to get a life majorly do you think peopel who pay 4 servers will want 24hrs of their cash wasted beacaseu some lunatic and his wierdo mates wana have a lil bycot over a perfectly well made and enjoyable game. If you so wana make patch and some lil anticheat crap then get someone who actually wants and has the time/money to make one.
wait for the expansion and in the mean time give your call of duty 2 to me if its so crap and buy a new game and have a cry over it beacue the manufacturer wont fill ur every need

You talk smack about this "n00bie" yet you refuse to use a single comma in your entire post. Interesting.

I love CoD2, honestly. My only beef is the horrible frames everyone seems to get in DX9. I'm sorry, but I should be getting more then 30 frames with an OCed 6600GT. I didn't buy a 64-bit system to run in Directx 7...In fact, I've seen people with 7800s have frame problems in DX9. This is obviously a coding bug and needs to be fixed pronto. Other then that, I love the game how it is...but PB sure would be nice.

CHAoS_NiNJA said:
You talk smack about this "n00bie" yet you refuse to use a single comma in your entire post. Interesting.

I love CoD2, honestly. My only beef is the horrible frames everyone seems to get in DX9. I'm sorry, but I should be getting more then 30 frames with an OCed 6600GT. I didn't buy a 64-bit system to run in Directx 7...In fact, I've seen people with 7800s have frame problems in DX9. This is obviously a coding bug and needs to be fixed pronto. Other then that, I love the game how it is...but PB sure would be nice.

i know i don't have the full game, but i do have the demo, but doesn't it play rather smooth at 30fps to you? seems like you don't need 60fps for this game.

cry more plz. man people just think that when they get owned in a video game its always a cheater. CRY MORE.

Really have to wonder who has enough time to get this worried about stuff like this?

Hey you don't have to have your cd in so that's +2. :D

My COD2 clan probably won't participate. We have enough patience...

Odd note here, I was playing Sunday night and people were chatting about the protest. Most said they will honor it and not play. I was shocked. I figured it was just some fan boys dream to pull a stunt like this, but it appears to have some traction in the community. Enough at least to make me think.

I'm one of the biggest COD2 nutcases out there... but I think this protest is rather absurd. I've talked to the people at Infinity Ward and they are good, hardworking people. They -are- working on a patch and anti-cheat system, what makes you think they wouldn't? The game has only been out for a month! There is no use for nagging them.

Back