COD WaW blows!

Cabn12

Limp Gawd
I just bought COD WaW and couldn't believe the crappy graphics and very very linear game play. I bought this game for the CO-OP and haven't tried it yet. Hope when I do it makes up for it.

I just bought COD WaW and couldn't believe the crappy graphics and very very linear game play. I bought this game for the CO-OP and haven't tried it yet. Hope when I do it makes up for it.

omg HERETIC!!!

Get your flame suit on buddy. I agree that the sound blows at least.

amazing how call of duty went from Epic to just Epic Failure in such a short time frame.

amazing how call of duty went from Epic to just Epic Failure in such a short time frame.

I wouldn't call it an epic failure, just yet. The game sure isnt as "good" as CoD4, but it is still fun. Guess we'll have to wait and see for the sales they made.

What a waste of $50!! I've been trying to get the CO-OP to work on the same LAN and I can see the other player (my brother-in-law) but cant join a game. It shouldn't be this F'n hard.

What a waste of $50!! I've been trying to get the CO-OP to work on the same LAN and I can see the other player (my brother-in-law) but cant join a game. It shouldn't be this F'n hard.

I'd suggest probably posting this on their forums, maybe a few other people are having this problem.

Maybe becayse the two games had two different developers? :rolleyes: Infinity Ward = Good, Treyarch = Fail. It isn't that hard, really.

I learned the hard way that treyarch sucks with COD3. not gonna bother with 5.

That's easy. People have to realize that the crappy COD games (COD 3, COD5) are made by Treyarch.

The good ones (1, 2, 4) are made by Infinity Ward.

It's sort of like the Star Trek movies. COD6 will be amazing.

Treyarch is there because EA wants to cash in on COD but Infinity Ward actually SPENDS TIME on their games and so EA farms out the odd numbered ones to Treyarch to fill the market space while Infinity Ward is making the REAL product.

Treyarch SUCKS, not only for COD4 - Quantum of Solace is pretty terrible.

same here.

i am curious though, why are their two developers for the call of duty franchise. clearly one sucks and one is awesome.

To me its a money thing. You have one company making the real games with new engines and it takes a few years. You then have another company make a shovelware game with the already existing engine (and succesful franchise) as quickly and cheaply as possible. Takes like half a year. You essentially double your profit with little work or effort.

Once we get the next "real" COD itll have a new engine and be awesome, thanks to infinity ward.

I cant say that it sucks........ Its not great but the MP more then makes up for it........ i am still a bigger fan of cod4 tho

Treyarch didn't make CoD 1 or its expansion UO. Those were made by the now dead Gray Matter. Several of Gray Matter's people are at Infinity Ward.

This game was dead in the planning stages. To go from "modern warfare" backwards to another WWII game, you just knew it wasn't going to come anywhere near it's predecessor. I mean, that's just lazy. There's lots of other wars. But of course, those don't come with the template a lazy developer would be looking for like another WWII game does.

Treyarch is there because EA wants to cash in on COD but Infinity Ward actually SPENDS TIME on their games and so EA farms out the odd numbered ones to Treyarch to fill the market space while Infinity Ward is making the REAL product.

CoD is from Activision, not EA.

With all the issues people are having (take a look at the official forums), I'm definitely postponing picking this up. Its too bad as I loved CoD4...

I was going to buy the Call of Duty: World at War CE using Future Shop gift cards, but decided to buy Wario Land: Shake It and New Super Mario Bros instead.

Certainly made the wiser decision. :)

That's easy. People have to realize that the crappy COD games (COD 3, COD5) are made by Treyarch.

The good ones (1, 2, 4) are made by Infinity Ward.

It's sort of like the Star Trek movies. COD6 will be amazing.

Treyarch SUCKS, not only for COD4 - Quantum of Solace is pretty terrible.

I sure hope you mean Activision-Blizzard and not EA. Lol :p

Indeed I heard one Activision said they want annually released games, expect CoD 5 same month next year.

And this is different than CoD 4, how?

Gameplay and mechanics suck compared to COD4. Treyarch games tend to just feel wrong and cheaply put together. The bottlenecks are jarring, the gameplay is not immersive. Everything feels clumsy and badly paced or designed.

Gameplay and mechanics suck compared to COD4. Treyarch games tend to just feel wrong and cheaply put together. The bottlenecks are jarring, the gameplay is not immersive. Everything feels clumsy and badly paced or designed.

gameplay and mechanics are exactly the same as COD4 IMO. i guess this is a subjective thing.

p.s. randy couture rules.

I actually have fun playing the MP demo. Am about to install the real game and find out what the other maps are like.

Lesnar rocked him bad yesterday though :(

yeah lesnar did a good job. he's already a good fighter but he will be dangerous once he progresses his BJJ. Other noteable fighters of the night: Florian looked really good and should give us a good show against BJ Pen or GSP, Dustin Hazelett is a freakin badass. looking forward to seeing more of that guy.

I want to see a COD Vietnam game by Activision
OMG you are SOOO right.

I am sick of WW2. Cod 4 is great and I still love it. World at War is just not my cup of tea.

Now a good Vietnam game would be awsome! I don't think there has ever been a good Vietnam War based game. If Call of Duty 6 would be in the Vietnam War era and Created by Infinity Ward then that will be the game of the century for me. :D

CoD:WaW is a CoD4 WW2 mod without the plethora of console commands. It's produced by Treyarch. Get over it. It's an infantry only game with the exception of a tank on a couple maps (slow and boring, but accurate thanks to the game engine). CoD in general caters to a specific crowd, just like CSS and Battlefield do. Play whichever you like best, but don't flame people b/c you like one over the other - that's just ****ing stupid.

the game is definitely just par but its not the anti-christ like some of you guys are saying

better yet Vietcong 3 with the Crysis engine ;)
Not from the same developer, I hope. Because Vietcong 2 was...uh...shit.

Let's a make super developer - guys from Valve, Crytek and Infinity Ward working together. Though the final product will probably fail because of so many different ideologies. :p

Best FPS out at the moment hands down. COD4 is a good game, but there is nothing about it that is better than COD:WaW. Teryarch fixed a lot of problems that COD4 created. Now you can adjust health in servers, adjust perks in servers, etc. COD:Waw just has a different feel to it and the COD4 fanboi's don't like change.

Now you can adjust health in servers...

i'm having a blast with COD:WaW but i absolutely hate this ^^^
no HC server feels the same. some feel right and some feel like they're barely hardcore at all. you have to learn the feel of each server you play on.

yeah lesnar did a good job. he's already a good fighter but he will be dangerous once he progresses his BJJ. Other noteable fighters of the night: Florian looked really good and should give us a good show against BJ Pen or GSP, Dustin Hazelett is a freakin badass. looking forward to seeing more of that guy.

I agree, except GSP is welterweight and Florian is lightweight, the only reason why BJ is fighting GSP is so that he gets his ass kicked back down to lightweight :D

But I can't wait for BJ vs Florian, should be a great fight although I see Penn taking it though.

Back