COD vs BF1942 MP

pduan87

[H]ard|Gawd
I've played both. I beat the COD single player and then went online. It was alright for the first 2 weeks but then I got really bored. Same ole maps, same weapons etc.

As for Battlefield 1942/DC, it really never gets old. Planes, tanks, choppers, artillery, snipers, whatever. Always fun and you can do some pretty funny shit* in there as mentioned above :)

*Jumping on top of a plane and then having it takeoff, shooting down choppers with tanks, etc.

I've already posted in this thread, but I'll post again :)

What some of the above guys have said is true. BF doesn't get old. I still play it and it's still my favorite game of all time (with DC). On a contrasting note, I installed COD about 3 weeks ago, played it for one night, and haven't played it again. It just doesn't have that same attraction, for me at least.

woohoo! I used to love BF1942 & DC (especially Lost Village) :)

I should go look for some online action tomorrow :cool:

BF 1942 was an awesome game especially with the mods , but may I ask why a 4 YEAR OLD THREAD was bumped

anyone still play desert combat? what files do i need to play it? does it work on vista?

Ahh these were the days. Though I gotta say, I think I prefer the Crysis action these days. EA's inability to support widescreen resolutions in the BF series as well as weak objectives and balance issues really makes me appreciate the Power struggle mode in Crysis. Some capture points being more valuable than others, an overall goal to work towards and a weapon/vehicle system that is friendly to the casual player while still rewarding to the competitive ones. Of course I am sure that others disagree.

Though I still fondly remember many hours spent in BF1942/DC owning it up. I think my favorites were the big naval battles in 1942 on the midway map.

I enjoyed both 1942 and DC. Very cool stuff. But I have to agree with GushpinBob, why revive a 4 year old thread?

DC was so much fun, i loved playing El Alamein using the SCUD, that game had so many good maps too, flying was good too cause the maps were huge, hours of fun.

Now you guys are making me want to reinstall it, and fly the A-10 again DIE TANK DIE

Never tried DC extended what are the main difference's(sp) in the game.

One of the rare PC game I had a blast with...oh the memories.
I hope they blow me away again with BF3 !!

They both got me addicted at a point, but BF1942 is a game I can still go back to. Great times.

how can one compare COD vs 1942???
They are completely different types of online games.

Which do people still play? DC Final or DC Extended 9.0? :confused:

There are probably still ppl playing DC Final & DC 0.9... just install both, combined the mods will still be smaller than the demo of any current game download

A very good 34person srvr Battle of Britain bombing runs yesterday :p that map has awesome scenery, nothing like taking a little BF109 out for a cruise over the channel & thru the british countryside, with a strafing run here & there :D

Going to load up 1942 with desert combat again also. My favorite weapon was the nuke on that iraqi truck that was huge. :)

what version is everyone playing these days and how many people/servers are still around? i'm guessing i want the DCX Joint Arsenal version? someone let me know please

i installed DC_Final and when i go to join a server i CTD. anyone know anything, am i missing any files? (punkbuster is updated)

Back