CoD STILL locking up!

SayItWithSlugs

Limp Gawd
Radeon 9700 Pro
WinXP
Athlon 2500+
512 meg of Corsair XMS RAM
Blah, blah, blah

I have the 4.5 drivers for the Radeon, and I have the 1.4 patch for CoD.

It locks up at the beginning of the 2nd level, not long after the mortars first hit, and the MG 42 open up. If I do get past that point, it locks up when I get to the wall.

I could play CoD the days of the 3.7s, but whats the point in going back when newer games wont work with them.

Please, someone give me some ideas. We have been dying to get back into CoD.

nothing to add to help with your problem, but I have another CoD related problem...

Every so often the screen goes black, does a few other things, and when it comes back, is a lot less bright than it usually is. A map change fixes this (until it happens again).

amd barton 2500, 1gb ram, radeon 9800pro, don't remember what drivers, CoD 1.4

any thoughts?

Ch1m3r4 said:
nothing to add to help with your problem, but I have another CoD related problem...

Every so often the screen goes black, does a few other things, and when it comes back, is a lot less bright than it usually is. A map change fixes this (until it happens again).

amd barton 2500, 1gb ram, radeon 9800pro, don't remember what drivers, CoD 1.4

any thoughts?

remember drivers and update.

as for the above poster, may seem stupid but did you try reinstalling? copying the program files form a friend's pc? could help, I dunno what else to suggest.

SayItWithSlugs said:
Radeon 9700 Pro
I have the 4.5 drivers for the Radeon, and I have the 1.4 patch for CoD.

It locks up at the beginning of the 2nd level, not long after the mortars first hit, and the MG 42 open up. If I do get past that point, it locks up when I get to the wall.

I could play CoD the days of the 3.7s, but whats the point in going back when newer games wont work with them.

Please, someone give me some ideas. We have been dying to get back into CoD.

I have the almost Exact specs as you and i have the same problem with my COD on the 2nd Mission it just locks up the sounds all the suddon go high pitched and my monitor goes black.

Try the 4.6's. I think they're out now. Sounds like a driver/game issue.

I don't own a radeon card or if this is even still applicable, but wasn't disabling AGP fast writes one of the fixes to this problem?

I also had CoD lock up on my system, turns out when I went from the 2nd newest to teh newest drivers it fixed everything. So I'd blame the drivers preliminary.

I have done this... I also disabled the recovery thing... No deals...

This is rediculous. The game worked fine with Windows 2000, and 3.7s...

Is thier any sound issues with the game? I have SB Live! card, but have NEVER had any sound related lock ups with anything else.

SayItWithSlugs said:
I have done this... I also disabled the recovery thing... No deals...

This is rediculous. The game worked fine with Windows 2000, and 3.7s...

Is thier any sound issues with the game? I have SB Live! card, but have NEVER had any sound related lock ups with anything else.
Yea, thats what I used to think too with my onboard soundmax audio. But to no avail would it work. Hey, have you tried running it in safe mode? Mine worked fine in safe mode even when it had all the settings turned up, but not in normal mode.

Back