COD:MW3 Single player campaign thoughts: Major spoilers inside

Commander FAT

2[H]4U
Finished the single player earlier today and over all I'm a little conflicted on how the game ended.

In most video games the character you play as is the last hero standing. However that isn't the case at the conclusion of MW3. Captain Price, the one character that you played the least through all three episodes is the only one left standing. Both Roach and Soap along with several other characters through the trilogy didn't make it . Was a little heart breaking having to leave Soap behind.

On a high note. Loved Yuri's flashback to COD4's Pripyat mission when he and Makarov were in the truck that Zakhaev jumped into after having his arm shot off by Price. Same goes for Yuri's flashback of him trailing behind Makarov and crew trying to prevent their attack in the Russian airport. For some reason I love it when games take you back to a prior event but from a different point of view. Same thing was done in Half Life Opposing Forces.

Further high notes. Price is probably one of the baddest mother fuckers ever in video game history. Loved it when he jumps into an airborne helicopter and then proceeds to murder BOTH pilots just to get Makarov's ass back on the ground.. Hah!

I could probably say more but I'm getting tired of looking at this text box. Will probably add more later.

So for those that played through the single player, what did you think?

I thought the story was much more character-driven this time around, which I liked very much. Other than one moment in Paris, the game doesn't spam a whole lot of omgwtf moments like CODMW2 did. The flashbacks were a nice touch and showed critical events from the previous Modern Warfare games from different perspectives and in different contexts.

Although it was fairly light on actual story progression, overall I'd say the narrative is better in CODMW3.

Back