cod mw2 ?

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
i just got the game for ps3 and im loving it. does anyone know a quick way to level up without cheating online? i mainly play team deathmatch but i will play any other game mode to level up quick. my friends got the game on launch so i am way behind them in rank and i would like to speed up the process. oh btw here is my psn id whitegirlforsale id like to play with some of you and i could use the friends so im not always playing with people who suck

First of all, learn correct punctuation. ;)

Second, grab some coffee/energy drinks and pull an all night gaming session because that's the only way to level up. Good luck.

Challenges..... that's all I'm going to say.

this.

but even though completing challenges is fun, i think you'll have a funner :)p) time after you find your favorite gun and stick with it till you perfect it :D

i played sticking with my 2-3 favorite guns and it took me a little less than 2 days to hit lvl 70 and be able to prestige for comparison

Headquarters and Domination: Not tied to a kill count, people can get upwards of 60 kills in a close Headquarters game, or Domination. More stick and move, less camping, more exciting gameplay, I think. In close matches, bonuses on those gametypes can be 5k or more depending. Also because people are constantly flinging themselves at a point on the map, you can level up your weapons at a fairly rapid pace, which leads to the accolades and the perk level ups and the challenges.

If you've got mega twitch reflexes and you're a sneaky bastard, the Search and Destroy is cool as well. 500 points a kill, but it's a round based gametype and it's a little slower paced.

My group only plays TDM if we've got more than 6 people and have to play in ground war, which is half and half Domination/Deathmatch anyway.

HQ and Domination(which is my fave mode) definitely level you up faster than TDM modes.

Accolades give you point bonuses too, so if you use equipment items most people wouldn't use, you'll get accolades that will double your points. If you get the most knife kills in the game, or the most grenade kills, etc. then the accolades will double, triple, or quadruple your points at the end of the game.

I use different classes that have different perks depending on the map that's being played. Usually assault rifles or smg.

I am finding Free for all with marathon, cold blooded and comando to be awesome with the knife for XP.

Accolades give you point bonuses too, so if you use equipment items most people wouldn't use, you'll get accolades that will double your points. If you get the most knife kills in the game, or the most grenade kills, etc. then the accolades will double, triple, or quadruple your points at the end of the game.

This I did not know.

Can't see the link but I assume it's the Javelin glitch? Man they need to patch that soon...had an entire team doing that last night and they all had Danger Close on. Didn't matter where they were, if they were close enough to see 'em and you killed 'em you were going to die too...

I saw a guy doing that on skidrow. He kept running down the same hallway and trying to run up beside my team. I camped the end of the hallway with a barrett and got him 4 times before he changed his route.

It's complete bullshit and I can't believe IW haven't patched it yet because it's getting way outta control. MS said if they catch it you get a 2 day ban from Live but Sony have said they will not do any banning and that it's more or less IW's problem. But I pay attention to my kill's and it pisses me when I drop somebody and they take me out and 2 of my teammates.

One guy last night went 51 and 18 because he was catching large groups of us in Domination with this bullshit. And everybody is saying they'll keep doing it because it's a glitch and not a hack but thats complete bullshit.

But back on topic,

If you play Domination you can get several boost's from it.

I noticed a huge influx of the javelin glitch only after penny-arcade mentioned it. I hadn't seen it in action before, and wouldn't have known anything about it until then, and after Joystiq and Kotaku both had articles on it, basically advertising it's existence to millions of people

We played one game in ground war TDM where there were probably about 14 people doing it at any given time, and my 7 friends and I all did it as well at times during the match.

I personally found it hilarious in that instance, because it was mass chaos with people exploding everywhere. The people who weren't doing it figured out to just shoot from a distance with sniper rifles and watch them explode. Sniping someone trying to pull it off is also really, really funny.

The other team seemed to think it was just as funny as we did, because most of the game chat was full of people laughing, and after a few rounds it just seemed to go away on it's own. It's really boring when you think about it.

It definitely needs to go away officially, and fast though, because in domination and other types of round based gameplay it's a real gamebreaker. Danger close makes it a super nasty glitch.

I haven't seen anyone doing it since Thursday, but I'm sure some people are still using it to grief. The double shotgun 1887 class to me, is infinitely more annoying, because the range on those goddamn things borders on ridiculous.

There is also some sort of fast running knife glitch that has appeared. The person doing it has lightweight and marathon equipped, and their character seems to be running in a weird hunched over type of stance, also using commando to lunge huge distances.

Looks like they're carrying a smoke bomb or something when they do it.

Can i get a confirm on this? google didn't turn up anything.

In this game are all the platforms playing against each other? I mean, in one game can you find a PC guy, a 360 guy, and a PS3 guy?

Not sure on the accolades thing. I get allot of accolades on almost all my games. Things like, most prone attacks or most switching of weapons. I also get allot of sixth sense ones since I dont get backshot/backstabbed much. I havent noticed my scores doubling with these.

fyi the running fast thing is when they have marathon/lightweight and are carrying a care package marker.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Oh wonderful. Thats how they do it. Saw a whole team doing it the other night.

The care package running exploit..is funny as hell to watch..and you can knife while doing it....

Yeah, its not an exploit in the sense of the javelin glitch, or getting in the rock on afghan. Its just unbalanced gameplay that needs to be patched, like the akimbo 1887s.

I wouldnt really call it an exploit.

Well it's not a glitch, it's in the game, but I highly doubt the dev team thought people would be doing this. In a sense people are exploiting the care package marker. IW should just patch the game so you can't knife while holding it.

If its in the game it is a glitch. If its not in the game it is a hack. It is just something they overlooked due to not enough testing. The "rock" in afghan is also a glitch but not in the same sense. The rock is not the only place this can be done. Its a game engine problem with collision detection with combining textures. You can do the same thing on one of the pipes in Rust. About the only way to fix the "rock" glitch is to recode the map to change how the textures are put together in that one spot. I bet there are more spots in allot of maps, no one has found/informed anyone of them yet. You are essentially pushing yourself thru the textures, thats why they say you have to move left to right over and over again to get into the rock. Its like using noclip in quake games but no where near as effective.

Since this is the current WM2 thread, does anyone have a page that will show what all the challenge icons look like? I see people with the different icons for ranks and I was informed its from finishing the challenges and I was interested in seeing descriptions for these. The game doesnt have crap for a manual and was curious.

Since this is the current WM2 thread, does anyone have a page that will show what all the challenge icons look like? I see people with the different icons for ranks and I was informed its from finishing the challenges and I was interested in seeing descriptions for these. The game doesnt have crap for a manual and was curious.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns

A couple titles and emblems are incomplete, but it should fill in soon.

Got in on the MS store deal for 360 and I'm just about finished with the campaign on normal. I die a lot. Play through on hardened before jumping in with u bastards?

Challenges..... that's all I'm going to say.

Doing them and getting the Accolades both give good bonuses.

Personally I've only been playing ground war so I can't comment on many of the other modes. Really wish they would just allow Domination to have the full amount of players that ground war does. Either that or allow one to specify ground war with domination only. Team death match just is too boring.

Can anyone elaborate on the Javalin Glitch???
-Also did they fix it???

They fixed it. Pretty much you would hold back a sticky grenade and instead of throwing it you would hit y to switch to another weapon. You would then pull out the Javalin or any other rocket launcher. When someone killed you it would cause the sticky grenade to go off blowing up the rocket.

Pretty much you would do this and run to a group of the other team. They shoot and kill you and you manage to take out a few of them.

Just made the switch from an LCD to a plasma and the difference's pretty obvious. MW2's a lot more enjoyable now.

Back