CoD: Modern Wafare 3 is Going FTW!

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
With the release of Modern Warfare 3 looming early next week, the expectations are high for the game to take the top spot in this year’s game sales, despite its late entry into the market.

Hopefully it will draw all the awful anti-team players away from BF3 so we can have more fun there. :cool:

If you llike playing on a shitty 2005 game engine with pixelated graphics, quake like multiplayer with p2p, no strategy to speak of and playing with 8 year olds, you're going to LOVE MW3!

Please dont pimp this game in anyway if your going to put videos like "What if quake was made today" on the frontpage :p

Im confused, what is this video? It doesn't relate to MW3 right? Sheppard is dead.

so much wine , need some crackers ?
play the game you like. i'll be playing both .
as for the team play , in bf3 i need to be in a group to com together or type really fast , cod has built-in coms for on the fly coms. we use vent so no need for them . and team play we do .. empty servers out in mw2 and black ops , never liked bf series till this new one .
" hey theres an enemy on your left, oh damn no com button" :(

so much wine , need some crackers ?
play the game you like. i'll be playing both .
as for the team play , in bf3 i need to be in a group to com together or type really fast , cod has built-in coms for on the fly coms. we use vent so no need for them . and team play we do .. empty servers out in mw2 and black ops , never liked bf series till this new one .
" hey theres an enemy on your left, oh damn no com button" :(

I'v always been a BF fan but not really a Cod fan, but I will admit the lack of voice chat without part is bad. However 32 people in voice chat would also just be noise.

If only they put as much effort in making their games as beautiful as they put into this video, or even advanced game play for that matter. It could be an amazing game all round.

If only they put as much effort in making their games as beautiful as they put into this video, or even advanced game play for that matter. It could be an amazing game all round.

That would require them to move off the Quake 3 engine. Too expensive. Would hurt Kotick's yearly Xmas bonus too much.

They don't make the videos themselves. They hire a studio like Blur to do it.

I sell PC games for a living.

Preorders I've sold for Modern Warfare 3: About 3

Preorders I've sold for Battlefield 3: About 65 (no BS)

BF3 = Win for mature gamers on the PC, without a doubt.

I see it as Game of the Year already from my eyes..... but 2012 is looking SWEET for gaming so I can't say that as something solid...... yet.

I see it as Game of the Year already from my eyes..... but 2012 is looking SWEET for gaming so I can't say that as something solid...... yet.

Not sure what podunk little shop you work for, but my local shop has over 1000 preorders right now for MW3.

podunk? hahaha. Let's just say the company I work for ships out more than any local game shop :)

I was just saying sales through me, not my entire store. How can you even see those numbers anyways, do you own an ebgames or something? And if so, whats the battlefield 3 numbers... just wondering, not trying to compare against you or anything.... and were you actually talking about JUST PC gamers, or all MW3 copies?

--Begin Sarcasim Tags--
OMG, the graphixs on this gamez looks so realz! Its like I'm watching a movie!!! or 3D!! or both!!! and its so realistics. Its like what I think real life would look like if it were a campy video game. These graphics looked like real video and not gameplay at all! It's soooo sweet! I just don't get why this totally-obviously-in-game video doesn't says costume designer at the end credits instead of model editor -- hhaha total newb mistake.
--End Sarcasim Tags--

In all honesty though, this video and how MW3 will look have nothing in common. I love games that try to sell their product based of a non-playable videos that show nothing about how actual gameplay will look.

If you llike playing on a shitty 2005 game engine with pixelated graphics, quake like multiplayer with p2p, no strategy to speak of and playing with 8 year olds, you're going to LOVE MW3!

You're just a mean realist, aren't you.:p

Im confused, what is this video? It doesn't relate to MW3 right? Sheppard is dead.

Considering Ghost is also in the video, whereas he also dies in MW2 along with Shepard, this video probably takes place between MW1 and MW2.

podunk? hahaha. Let's just say the company I work for ships out more than any local game shop :)

I was just saying sales through me, not my entire store. How can you even see those numbers anyways, do you own an ebgames or something? And if so, whats the battlefield 3 numbers... just wondering, not trying to compare against you or anything.... and were you actually talking about JUST PC gamers, or all MW3 copies?

Great reply to a post that didn't look like it was credible. :p

Those numbers were for just one store were I preordered, but yeahhh, it was for consoles.

I could see BF3 being more a PC game, MW3 is all mainly console.

Those numbers were for just one store were I preordered, but yeahhh, it was for consoles.

no doubt, and what store takes that man PC preorders anyway?

Reading the "Not sure what podunk little shop you work for" comment made me mistrust whatever else was mentioned in your prior reply.

What you wrote now is much better worded and makes me trust your information.
Thanks CaptainMorgan ;)

Sigh, it's that time of year again isn't it, when Activision releases a CoD title and everyone goes insane to play the same thing as before with a few different guns/perks with subtly improved lighting, a miniscule improvement in object count, all at an underwhelming 600p to the tune of 8yr olds in your ear and 'Will Preosteegge U 4 800MS pts' msg's after every match from the people you muted.

I think I'm going to stay away this time, just chill over here, in TeamSpeak, with adults, playing BF3, facing decent competition and playing the occasional scrim demanding the use of strats. Besides, I'm too busy blowing up entire buildings and watching them explode to want to fight over two buildings and an alleyway with wannable action heros.

Sigh, it's that time of year again isn't it, when Activision releases a CoD title and everyone goes insane to play the same thing as before with a few different guns/perks with subtly improved lighting, a miniscule improvement in object count, all at an underwhelming 600p to the tune of 8yr olds in your ear and 'Will Preosteegge U 4 800MS pts' msg's after every match from the people you muted.

I think I'm going to stay away this time, just chill over here, in TeamSpeak, with adults, playing BF3, facing decent competition and playing the occasional scrim demanding the use of strats. Besides, I'm too busy blowing up entire buildings and watching them explode to want to fight over two buildings and an alleyway with wannable action heros.

Do you feel better about yourself now?

I for one hope my mommy is out buying pampers for all us kids.

as long as they dump a shitload of money into marketing, yeah, this will be #1 this year.

pretty much anything Call of Doodie sells mega millions

For me, promoting a game without using in-game action does nothing to convince me to buy the game.

The singleplayer is ok, definitely nothing amazing but better than BF3's. But the MP is the exact same thing as always with different guns and maps. It gets boring VERY quickly.

It's the way of the world:

COD will once again blow BF out of the water,
Bobby Kottick will buy a new Sunseeker,
and mature BF3 community will continue raging over the internet - how it's all fault of those damn Xbox children.

Meanwhile on the planet Earth:

Speaking to investors, EA Chief Financial Officer Eric Brown predicts that BF3 will do well, but it won't be good enough to unseat the current FPS king.

Just to be clear, the [Call of Duty] franchise did about 23 million units worldwide. We don't expect to surpass them with this year's Battlefield 3 , just to be very clear.

I've been playing this series since day one, both pubbing and competatively. No left or right lean? No thanks. I think it is time to give up on CoD.

MW3 will kill BF3 in sales however, BF3 is one hell of a great game.

Sincerely,
A long time CoD fan.

@the video-

Heat seeking/guided RPGs? They even popped counter measures for them lol.
Other than that, I enjoyed the video.

Read this as "CoD: Modern Wafare 3 is Going" :(

Still I suppose kindergarden is needed to keep the kiddies out of other games...unless they are playing on the xbox, then any exclusive game will do. :D

I would like to take a dull spoon and dig their technical directors asshole out and feed it to him, what a terrible promo video. Micheal Bay does an entire in-game engine promo for NFS:Race and these guys have a 4 year old direct their live-action spot... What has the world come too?

and mature BF3 community will continue raging over the internet - how it's all fault of those damn Xbox children.

It is ironic how they always try to take the intellectual high ground (on this forum in particular) yet somehow manage to make themselves seem like bigger jackasses than even the most immature 10 year old troll on the 360.

Playing Battlefield 3 does not make you into some kind of messiah of PC gaming. The arcadish playstyle of CoD does not make it into some brainless noskill cesspool designed for syphilistic retards. In fact, if you look closely at PC gaming history, you'll see games like Quake and CS are considerably closer in gameplay style to CoD than the Battlefield games. We understand that you feel the need to validate yourselves by repeatedly posting the same arguments in favor of BF3, but it's getting older and staler than CoD's gameplay ever will be.

I would like to take a dull spoon and dig their technical directors asshole out and feed it to him, what a terrible promo video. Micheal Bay does an entire in-game engine promo for NFS:Race and these guys have a 4 year old direct their live-action spot... What has the world come too?

They should shoot the voice actors too. They sound like acting school dropouts. Also they could record the sound of actual guns so it would sound so crap...:confused:

It is ironic how they always try to take the intellectual high ground (on this forum in particular) yet somehow manage to make themselves seem like bigger jackasses than even the most immature 10 year old troll on the 360.

Playing Battlefield 3 does not make you into some kind of messiah of PC gaming. The arcadish playstyle of CoD does not make it into some brainless noskill cesspool designed for syphilistic retards. In fact, if you look closely at PC gaming history, you'll see games like Quake and CS are considerably closer in gameplay style to CoD than the Battlefield games. We understand that you feel the need to validate yourselves by repeatedly posting the same arguments in favor of BF3, but it's getting older and staler than CoD's gameplay ever will be.

Sorry, but CoD has neither the fast paced movement of Quake nor the complex weapon handling of either CS or Quake. After MW1 CoD lost any sense of a skill curve.

Just wish it had dedicated servers with 64 player support like mw1. It will have dedicated but it wont be ranked and it will be 16 players most likely. So far everything has been a downgrade since mw1 if you look at it from a multiplayer perspective.

Sorry, but CoD has neither the fast paced movement of Quake nor the complex weapon handling of either CS or Quake. After MW1 CoD lost any sense of a skill curve.

Exactly, I find it funny when people try to say that CoD has things in common with Quake-style games. No, they aren't even remotely similar. Quake is a twitch style game, CoD is a modern military franchise with an emphasis on camping, killstreaks, and noobtubes.

Back