CoD: Infinite Warfare For Windows 10 Not Compatible With Steam Version

Because Play Anywhere is awesome.

Sure, in concept except the store has many many reports of being well, horrible. Slow downloads, which for gears4 is 80gb, annoying interface, admin/login issues to get it to work etc.. THe only way I can get gears4 to play on xbone and win10 is to buy the digital version for xbone. I don't know why I can't buy a disc copy and then use that with an associated win10 account.

Because Play Anywhere is awesome.
But you're using the Windows 10 store...

I'd rather drag my bare ball sack across a mile of broken glass than buy anything other than a pro upgrade from that pile of shit.

But you're using the Windows 10 store...

I'd rather drag my bare ball sack across a mile of broken glass than buy anything other than a pro upgrade from that pile of shit.
Buy game through Xbox, then spend hate your self as you figure out how to download through Win10 store. Play game, forget about store experience.

This is beyond stupid. What developer in their right mind would make different versions of the game for the same platform, and split their user base, and create multiple versions to maintain.

They must have been smoking the crackpipe...

Either way, I don't play that Call of Modern Battlefield junk.

COD is and always will be a console game. There are hundreds of thousands of console players months after launch. On PC you're lucky to even find a lobby in any mode besides team deathmatch.

Don't bother buying it on PC.

That's because people who play games on the PC have taste.

For anyone who cares about posterity of access to their games, be mindful that when you purchase a game through Windows Store that uses UWP, you're effectively buying a product with an expiry date, because UWP makes it so that a person cannot modify any of the game files, to create or apply fixes, work-arounds, or general configuration that a specific system may need. This means that, in time, and as hardware and software progresses, any UWP program, just like every non-UWP program, will eventually require some fiddling to get working, and that fiddling won't be possible. Even a simple compatibility-mode launch setting won't be possible with UWP. UWP programs simply expire. As such is the case, it is better to think of UWP programs as rentals, and not purchases.

If someone wants there purchase of a program to be lasting, then I think it is important to think about buying from someone else than Windows Store, because UWP programs are very limited in their duration - as soon as hardware and software environments move on, or as soon as a developer stops releasing patched for a UWP program, any older UWP program is likely to no longer function for people's newer systems.

It is a COD game, the community will be fractured with DLC and dead within 6 months anyways.

Not really sure how taking down Steam helps Microsoft as Steam and gaming support are a huge advantage for Windows. Indeed this is a case where I'm thinking Microsoft would much rather have cross-play support for the Windows Store version of CoD than not because that's going to suppress Windows Store sales. The Deluxe version is selling for $20 less on Windows Store than Steam, probably as a result of the this issue.

Exactly, if they want to have sells they have to make it as open as possible. Trying to fracture the user base doesn't help them any.

Everyone blaming Activision for not enabling UWA/Play anywhere, I feel you are partially wrong here. I think Microsoft ABSOLUTELY deserves blames for creating a store/software platform that acts as it's own little console like ecosystem unless the developer does a work around, FUCK everything about that. Fuck Microsoft so hard for trying to make W10 basically another console. If there were some amazing performance increase from DX12 (which I certainly haven't seen so far, VULKAN is shitting all over DX12 as far as I can see) maybe it would justify MS making W10 a platform that isn't compatible out of the box for developers or users, but that just isn't the case.

First off developers don't have to make a game for the windows store platform. THEY decide to do so. On top of that you are looking at a platform that is based off a platform they are already building for. Microsoft is allowing developers the ability to take their xbox games and let them run on windows 10. Don't see how that is a bad thing. People bitch about shitty console ports not running on PCs very well. What better way to solve this than just allowing the console version to run on the pc.

Sure, in concept except the store has many many reports of being well, horrible. Slow downloads, which for gears4 is 80gb, annoying interface, admin/login issues to get it to work etc.. THe only way I can get gears4 to play on xbone and win10 is to buy the digital version for xbone. I don't know why I can't buy a disc copy and then use that with an associated win10 account.

It is actually a pretty easy answer, how do they prove that you own the game? If you had a Blu-ray drive in your PC they could have you put the xbox one game disc into your pc in order to be able to play the game on the PC. That is how they handle you playing 360 games on the xbox one. You download a digital version then just have to put a disc in to play it. However few people have disc driver let alone Blu-ray in their computers. So that isn't really a practical solution so the easiest is just to say that you have to have the digital copy so that it knows that you own the game.

Ok,I admit I bought the stupid game just for the remake of cod4. (Steam version) what I didn't know the remake cod4 player limit is 12 max on most modes and 18 in groundwar. Wtf! I miss the mayhem 64 players!

*Shrug* I do not buy these games for Multiplayer anyways. If I were to buy this, it would be for the single player experience, just like I did when I bought the very first Call of Duty ever released.

we found the one person that plays the single player campaign ;-)

*Shrug* I do not buy these games for Multiplayer anyways. If I were to buy this, it would be for the single player experience, just like I did when I bought the very first Call of Duty ever released.

So what? Why would you ever buy the Windows Store version of this game.

we found the one person that plays the single player campaign ;-)

Well, since I enjoyed the original COD which was predominantly a single player game. Also, I played multi player Return to Castle Wolfenstein and also Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory which was far better than any other multiplayer game in existence today for me.

Well, since I enjoyed the original COD which was predominantly a single player game. Also, I played multi player Return to Castle Wolfenstein and also Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory which was far better than any other multiplayer game in existence today for me.

There's no problem with enjoying the single player campaign, but the original CoD very much had a popular multiplayer. The last time I played an FPS for it's campaign was probably Doom 2. I don't even bother with campaigns anymore.

This is going on the list of STUPIDEST game design decisions ever.

And they think that returns and refunds aren't going to be a huge deal because of this?

I will just say "screw it" and eat the cost of a lot of games that I don't like. But if I bought a PC game, and found out that I can't play multiplayer with my Steam friends also playing on PC? Or vise-versa? I would absolutely be in contact with where I bought it and the game dev for a full refund. That's utter, total, BS. And no... I would not accept the excuse that I should have read the FAQ. Who in their right mind would ever assume that the PC version wouldn't work multi-player with the PC version?

My head hurts just thinking about how decisions like this happen.

Yet another title I won't be wasting money on due to the lack of cross compatibility! And on the same platform/OS no less!!!

There's no problem with enjoying the single player campaign, but the original CoD very much had a popular multiplayer. The last time I played an FPS for it's campaign was probably Doom 2. I don't even bother with campaigns anymore.

Which, in my opinion, means you completely missed the purpose behind the release of Call of Duty original. That would be like buying Return to Castle Wolfenstein just to play the Multiplayer part.

This is going on the list of STUPIDEST game design decisions ever.

And they think that returns and refunds aren't going to be a huge deal because of this?

I will just say "screw it" and eat the cost of a lot of games that I don't like. But if I bought a PC game, and found out that I can't play multiplayer with my Steam friends also playing on PC? Or vise-versa? I would absolutely be in contact with where I bought it and the game dev for a full refund. That's utter, total, BS. And no... I would not accept the excuse that I should have read the FAQ. Who in their right mind would ever assume that the PC version wouldn't work multi-player with the PC version?

My head hurts just thinking about how decisions like this happen.
User name checks out.

Back