CoD: Ghosts To Have Dedicated Servers On All Platforms

HardOCP News

[H] News
Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin has some good news for those of you anxiously awaiting Call of Duty: Ghosts...pause for effect...dedicated servers on all platforms. :cool:

"Dedicated servers will be used on current-gen, next-gen and PC with Ghosts," said Rubin. He clarified that the game will use both dedicated and listen servers, with the choice depending on a user's proximity to a dedicated server. "No matter where you are, the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible," said Rubin. In addition, Ghosts' matchmaking technology will put players in matches with "the best combined overall connectivity performance."

I can see it now!

Server count:
~2 Dedicated servers
The rest... Listen servers

Not to mention they'll probably shut down the servers about 6 months in, when their next expansion comes out: Call of Duty Eleventy Billion: War at Worlds: Double Rainbow Ops - Revenge of the Unicorn.

Yes, I feel better now :D

Is this the game I've been hearing about where you can shoot people?

So what's the catch? Every post-CODMW2 game has had an utterly retarded dedicated server setup on PC.

Like most other dedicated servers of the big companies, they will likely be only available hosted through approved 3rd party hosting sites, have horrible server tools, be significantly more expensive than the actual hosting should be (profit!) and the official ones will be the cheapest, most terribly performing ones possible.

No server browser I reckon. Dedi servers without server browser is totally pointless. Probably works OK (like BLOps 2) for you guys in the US but for us here in NZ no browser is awful. Often I spend several attempts (TDM >Find server > into a server by myself or with one other , try Dom same thing, try another mode same thing etc etc. Shut down game 25 mins later never havng found and active game) just cos there is not enough population around this part of the world playing CoD. So having no way to find where people are playing is awful.

So I'll stick with BF.

Not to mention they'll probably shut down the servers about 6 months in, when their next expansion comes out: Call of Duty Eleventy Billion: War at Worlds: Double Rainbow Ops - Revenge of the Unicorn.

Yes, I feel better now :D

Well at least in the case of the Xbox Live servers they can't shut them down now, all that stuff spins up and down depending on demand.

Dedicated servers will probably only be for clan vs clan (League Play replacement), while pubs will remain P2P.

Black Ops 2 League Play already runs on dedicated servers for Xbox 360.

People bitch about no dedicated servers. People bitch about dedicated servers.

What
Is
The
Surprise?

Every other POS COD has dedicated servers. I'm 100% up on my COD but isn't it IW that always has dedicated servers, Activation or whom ever are the tightwads that further lock down the game and have a shittier engine?

Own a PC.. Jump on Arma 2 or 3 and let the casual console folks eat up both BF/COD.

People bitch about no dedicated servers. People bitch about dedicated servers.

And you're the reason why EVERYONE has a lesser product now. Because you accept (and indeed THROUGH money at) poor quality half assed software. And blame those that have a clue and want a legit, common sensed product, that speak up about the poor state of things. Go away please.

And you're the reason why EVERYONE has a lesser product now. Because you accept (and indeed THROUGH money at) poor quality half assed software. And blame those that have a clue and want a legit, common sensed product, that speak up about the poor state of things. Go away please.

Throw*

I just want to be thorough here and get this slight correction through to you.

So does this mean that pc players can play against ps4 players?

Dedicated servers you need to buy or are able to be set up like CS for example? I need details here.

When life gives you lemons... whine really really loud?

Hahahaha, I play games to have FUN. Don't like CoD's simple fun? Then don't buy it or just flat out ignore it.
This incessant internet whining/slandering is asinine and borders on mental retardation.

What
Is
The
Surprise?

Every other POS COD has dedicated servers. I'm 100% up on my COD but isn't it IW that always has dedicated servers, Activation or whom ever are the tightwads that further lock down the game and have a shittier engine?

Own a PC.. Jump on Arma 2 or 3 and let the casual console folks eat up both BF/COD.

This is a surprise. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 didn't have dedicated servers and as a result it was shit. I didn't play the last Call of Duty game but aside from that one I know all the Treyarch games did have dedicated servers.

And they've never had this on the consoles. Ever.

Well this makes it easier to justify getting the Hardened Digital Edition of Ghosts, thank you.

I hope you realize I give zero fucks about the "greater good" in gaming, I buy games to be entertained, not to make people like you happy. You should go away since you obviously can't grasp the concept of entertainment and differing interests of people.

All you idiots raging at me are just blowing my mind. Talk about insulting me over a points you just make up. I should know better then to respond to a CoD thread!

schoolslave - I like how CoD plays sand i play it to have fun (amoungst other things like challenge myself with a bit of friendly public competition or challenges... or whatever) quit being an asshat and assuming things and putting it all down to "incessant internet whining/slandering is asinine and borders on mental retardation" i mean.. pa-lease! Listen to what you're saying!

xIronCrossx - WTF! I'm sick of YOU people that come in here and totaly slander someone based on yet even more assumptions and somehow its the other person issue. I enver asked you to make me happy. I woudln'td ream of it. I didn't even consider the thought (thankfully). So you can step down mighty Sir! How is it obvious that i can't grasp the concept of entertainment and differing interests of people? You garnished that from a couple of sentences i hastely wrote to try and get a jabbing passer by a bit of his own medison with a few basic facts of the state of gaming in recent times. Gee you're good! You should be able to tell my future life story from this Novel of a post!

Back