COD Elite going free for Black Ops 2, but still not for PC players

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.pcgamesn.com/callofduty/call-duty-elite-may-be-going-free-pc-will-not-be-supported

So with elements of the service being made free on the release of Black Ops 2 it would seem feasible that this would apply to the PC, that this would be the chance for Heller's words to be applied. Though when we contacted Activision earlier this evening we received this response:

"At present PC will not be supported by Call of Duty Elite. I can't comment any further than that at this point."

So the consoles get a significant feature for free now, whereas the PC gets nothing.

well what can you expect? If it was actually developed for a real gaming rig then ported to consoles that would us getting it for free :p

Typical Activision behavior

A side of BS with a platter of BS from the BS buffet. BS drink refills are free.

I always have hope that the big boy publishers will change their tune about PC gaming but I have zero faith that it will actually happen.

Not surprising at all. I wasn't buying the game for more than $10 anyway so I am not that mad.

What's the point of a free premium service... Doesn't that kind of remove the point for them...:confused:

What's the point of a free premium service... Doesn't that kind of remove the point for them...:confused:

I think the main part of the "premium" aspect was the regular DLC. Black Ops 2 Elite won't have any DLC, but instead there will be a $50 season pass...

ha i agree. of the 'elite services' that are being offered for free, why make them a separate entity from the base game? why not just say that black ops 2 will have X and Y features now. seems like a dog and pony show.

Back