COD: BO 1.10 Patch Freezes Entire PS3

Hey guys, I just updated to the patch 1.10 for BLOPS on my PS3 and I can't even get passed the Treyarch opening scenes without it glitching and freezing. I have deleted all my game data and the patch and revert back to original and everything is fine, it's just when I update to the new patch everything goes to hell. Has anyone fixed this problem? I know people lag out and freeze during play but I can't even get the damn game started to the opening menu without it glitching like crazy. I appreciate any and all help.

UPDATE - I talked with a really nice lady from Sony customer support and all I had to do was a "quick restore" of my PS3 and everything works. I loaded back all my saved data and it still works.

Last edited:
I know it's a dumb question, but have you tried other games first to make sure they work fine to rule out your console as the problem?

I know it's a dumb question, but have you tried other games first to make sure they work fine to rule out your console as the problem?

Other games work completely fine. I started playing BFBC2 about a week ago and got tired of the multiplayer and I wanted to go back to COD since I have played since December. I fire it up and it lags and glitches like crazy. However, if I delete the patch everything works fine. I even deleted the patch, installed a demo, re-downloaded the patch and it still lags. I did this because I wanted to see if it was something with my hard drive.

Other games work completely fine. I started playing BFBC2 about a week ago and got tired of the multiplayer and I wanted to go back to COD since I have played since December. I fire it up and it lags and glitches like crazy. However, if I delete the patch everything works fine. I even deleted the patch, installed a demo, re-downloaded the patch and it still lags. I did this because I wanted to see if it was something with my hard drive.

Okay, had to just rule that one out. I don't have one on hand, so can anyone with a PS3 chime in?

I tried it on my friends new PS3 Slim and it DOES work on his. I don't understand it. Could it be something with my hard drive? But that doesn't make sense because I have put BFBC2 on it and everything works fine. I'm lost and I don't know what to do.

I tried it on my friends new PS3 Slim and it DOES work on his. I don't understand it. Could it be something with my hard drive? But that doesn't make sense because I have put BFBC2 on it and everything works fine. I'm lost and I don't know what to do.

I don't know if they have this on PS3, but on 360 sometimes clearing the system cache or formatting your drive can help in certain circumstances. It doesn't sound like its your console is the issue since you can play Bad Company 2 with no issues...

I did a quick google of the problem and the OP doesn't appear to be alone. Another Treyarch screw-up I'm guessing.

Its ridiculous. I've tried all my other games W@W, BFBC2 and they all read the HDD fine. But when I throw black ops in and when it reads HDD it freezes and skips like crazy. It however does work in my friends new ps3 slim. My games work and my hard drive works I just dont get what the problem is.

I had similar issues (certain games freezing, downloads taking forever) with my PS3 and a 320GB drive that failed. Replaced the drive and all PS3 issues resolved themselves immediately.

Back