CoD Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 2018 May Have Battle-Royale Modes

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Multiple sources have been reporting on rumors for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and Battlefield 2018. Fortunately DSOGaming was kind enough to consolidate them to let us know that CoD:Bo4 and BF2018 may feature battle-royale modes because of course they will, with Battlefield's battle-royale likely not available at launch and added after release via a free update.

In addition we are reporting that DSOGaming is reporting that Polygon reported that the new CoD may not feature any single-player whatsoever, with Treyarch focusing on the games multiplayer and zombie modes, further increasing the likelihood that I will not be buying it.

It appears that 2018 is the year of battle-royale (which is something we’ve expected after the incredible success of both Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds). And according to the latest rumours, both Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 2018 (codenamed Battlefield V) may feature such a mode.

As long as its just a type of gameplay the problem I see people will get so good at it and destroy TDM or domination. Single player is gone for Cod blops 4 I read yesterday.

I don't buy non-single player games. And battlefields are coming out way too quickly to be fun anymore. To do everything in the game is basically playing Battlefield to Battlefield. Sorry I have other shit to play.

Story wise it's not gonna make much sense to murder all of your teammates XD

I don't buy non-single player games. And battlefields are coming out way too quickly to be fun anymore. To do everything in the game is basically playing Battlefield to Battlefield. Sorry I have other shit to play.

Most big online competetive shooter companies realised that single player campaigns are really just tacked on to the game selling multiplayer elements of the game. Look at BF2. Probably the best game in the series to date, and the single player was just multiplayer with bots.

Most people understand that if you're buying battlefield, it's not a legend of zelda game. In the case of these modern shooters, they are just updating the formula, based on research groups, to deliver the game that can garner the widest audience.

However I do agree with you that the new Battlefield formula isn't quite up my alley anymore, and have been playing many of the excellent other options available on pc, in our new golden age of gaming.

Battle Royale may refer to:

• Battle royale, or battle royal, a fight among many combatants,
traditionally refers to a fight involving many combatants that is fought until only one fighter remains standing. In recent times, the term has been used in a more general sense to refer to any fight involving large numbers of people who are not organized into factions. Within combat sports, the term has a specific meaning, depending on the sports being discussed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale

So what is different between than any regular Battlefield game?

NO!!!!

That would be terrible. The Battle-Royale fad cannot die fast enough.

Give us a proper single-player FPS and a separate battle-royale title.

I thinks EA, Activision and Ubisoft could really profit from compartmentalizing their games. Produce a single-player module that's $30, a multiplayer module that is $30, and a battle-royale module that is $30. They can sell the whole package as a "Gold" or "Complete" edition for $69.99 for the people that don't like money. Then the people like myself could buy the single-player module and if it's warranted, one of the other modules...

I think this is would be a good compromise...

There's nothing quite like originality, huh?

face-with-rolling-eyes_1f644.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale

So what is different between than any regular Battlefield game?

Squad based team combat is NOT LAST PLAYER STANDING. Battlefield was a fun team game. We used to play as a dedicated team. Organized. With practiced strategies. Competitive ladders where you fought your way up as a team. Not this random pub shit. The more they get away from the original formula, the more fractured and watered down the game gets. It's dead already. They are making a half assed attempt at competitive play but it won't work. They don't listen.

Squad based team combat is NOT LAST PLAYER STANDING. Battlefield was a fun team game. We used to play as a dedicated team. Organized. With practiced strategies. Competitive ladders where you fought your way up as a team. Not this random pub shit. The more they get away from the original formula, the more fractured and watered down the game gets. It's dead already. They are making a half assed attempt at competitive play but it won't work. They don't listen.

Having played the BF franchise games for years, my experience is one of individuals playing solo on a squad, not teamwork.

Having played the BF franchise games for years, my experience is one of individuals playing solo on a squad, not teamwork.

That is pub play. I am speaking of the competitive side. Which has not existed since BF3. Really more like Bf2 though.

There are sill pockets of squad play. Some of the folks I play BF1 with still do it the right way.

Back