Coca-Cola is Adding Wi-Fi to Its Vending Machines

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Coke and British Telecom are working jointly in a pilot test program to bring Wi-Fi to areas otherwise cut off from all access. The initial tests will be conducted in isolated portions of South Africa and if tests prove viable and successful, the possibility of a world connected by virtue of Wi-Fi Coca-Cola vending machines may become a reality. :cool:

For now the emphasis is very much on providing Wi-Fi to those who don’t have a smartphone in their back pocket or a Starbucks around the corner, but there’s no reason why Wi-Fi vending machines couldn’t roll out worldwide as the Internet of Things gets ever bigger.

Ooooh the MPAA and RIAA lawyers must be gunking their pants waiting for the first customer to download copyrighted stuff through a coca cola machine.

Wish we had those in my area. Sounds like another way of getting everyone connected.

I guess this is why Coca Cola got that 16M block of IP addresses a while back.

We just got new ones at work that can take credit card payments now thanks to Wi-Fi. They don't broadcast though obviously.

Don't eat or drink anything with sugar, they are bad for you teeth too.

So anything packaged is basically gone from the list of things to consume eh?

Anyway, this seems.... nonsensical. Like, it seems to be the weirdest thing to increase internet access.

How about NFC in vending machines so we can tap our phone to the interface to pay?

Don't eat or drink anything with sugar, they are bad for you teeth too.

So anything packaged is basically gone from the list of things to consume eh?

Anyway, this seems.... nonsensical. Like, it seems to be the weirdest thing to increase internet access.

I dumped all sugary foods, all meat except baked fish n shrimp, glutenous foods, and all dairy. I lost over 110lbs, went from full on hypertension to 122/83 blood pressure, eliminated muscle pain that my doctors couldn't figure out, and confounded my gastroenterologist by staying off medication. I should write a fuckin book.

Ooooh the MPAA and RIAA lawyers must be gunking their pants waiting for the first customer to download copyrighted stuff through a coca cola machine.

Doubt it. Same reason McDonald's or Wendy's don't have that issue - I assume it's a strict proxy or something of the sort. You usually have to accept a ToS before it'll pass anything but the ToS page to your device.

They forgot to mention the fact that the only way to get the password to their Wifi network will be to buy a can....lol

Back