CNN on the Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
MonkeyShave said:
Given Nintendo's long string of failed controller technologies, no sane person should give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

Nintendo gave us the ..

1) D-pad
2) Analog sticks
3) Rumbling controllers...
4) Shoulder buttons...

And I think that a good number of people out there ARE giving Nintendo the benifit of the doubt this time around.

ScreamingBroccoli said:
As well as a long string of great controller technologies...
Sorry, should have added some smilies there.

I can only imagine how the current Wiimote bashers would respond to the D-pad, shoulder buttons, analog stick, or rumble in the months preceding the introduction of each.

Isaacav2 said:
I need to make some things clear.

1) The Wii is about 2-3 times more powerful than a GC.
2) The Wii IS nextgen hardware PERIOD.
3) The Legend of Zelda for the SNES is THE greatest single player game of all time / Secret of Mana is THE greatest Multiplayer game of all time.(# 3 is obviously an opinion)
I love the disclaimer. I guess with school out you almost need too. Kids just don't realize 99% percent of opinions are presented as such.

To all the people who said "I'm sick of mario" you realize this time nintendo actually seems to have more supporters? And with all the buzz going around the system and being cheaper more devs are probably going to make more games for it. It's like saying MS is only going to have Halo 3 on 360. They have more supporters this time too. If anything Sony is the one who might be in more trouble with developers due to cost of the system = less people owning and able to buy games (Sega and Ubisoft) AND NO that is not me saying they are losing all their developers. Just saying that they might look to cover potential loses on other systems.

Unlike a lot of people on this forum I will form my opinion when I play one. There's absolutely no need to get behind one or the other, this aint your local football team, they'll survive just fine without your fanatical support.

Play it, like it, buy it. It's that simple. (It's also the reason I own a ps2, gc, xbox and a ds - No 360 yet, not played anything I like).

MonkeyShave said:
Given Nintendo's long string of failed controller technologies, no sane person should give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

I hope my sarcasometer is broken :p

Edit: Wow my post got delayed.. major. :confused: It should have been right under what I quoted.

Any way, dont judge till ye have played.

Anyway, I've been a playstation guy for awhile. I've liked their offerings. I had an N64, but I bought a PSX after that. I however remember the tons of fun on mario 64, Podracer, etc. I didn't like the Wii at first, but with having to make a throwing motion in madden to throw it sounds amazing. I have a fast PC, I don't need a system thats probably just my pc or maybe not even as good. I need a system that offers things like the Wii does.

I dont know why there is all this fighting about the different consoles. For the most part, all 3 offer something totally different. It is all about personal preference which one you will buy.

The Wii is going to be a totally new experience. No one has ever played a console game using this type of interface. No system has ever used this type of controler, and the games that use these features will be something that gamers have never seen before. It could be bad or it could be good. We dont really know yet.

The Xbox 360 has already been out there and the games are fun. The graphics are pretty and they have a lot of 3rd party game company support. There is online play and its already an established system.

The PS3 is going all out with new hardware. If you are buying this one you are hoping for the long haul. None of the launch games will be able to take advantage of the hardware in the beginning, but within the next few years, the games will evolve much as the PS2 has. However since this console will supposedly last a long time, you are going to have to pay the price for it.

Its all just a matter of personal preference which one YOU think will be better. They each have their pluses and minuses. I am going to go for the Wii this time because I want something new. I didnt like half life 2 and doom 3 because it was pretty much the same thing, except better graphics (and yes I know the physics). When I sit down to play something I want to see something I havent seen before. This is the same reason I just bought a DS lite. Its a portable system with a stylus, wi-fi, and Opera browser (soon). And as an added bonus, Nintendo is going to have special features for using your DS with your Wii. It could be totally lame or it could be cool, but I look forward to trying it out.

Anyways, to make a long story short, this is why I hate all the talk about who will be the "winner" of the next gen consoles. They will all be awesome and I look forward to seeing what they will deliver. PS2 won the last competition. Does that mean the Xbox and Gamecube totally sucked? I think not! Think about it guys before flaming everyone about what they are looking forward to seeing.

Up until this thread, I had no idea that there were so many "give me breasts, blood, and cars ftw!!" kiddies on this board. I always thought the general populous of this board was smarter and more mature than that.

-(Xyphox)- said:
kid? boy i am a Network Administrator. I bet i am older than you
I like certain games, dont like to damn bad
I also happen to have a Masters, so dont call me a kid

Don't call him boy, because I am GOD and I made you.

vortexpud said:
Up until this thread, I had no idea that there were so many "give me breasts, blood, and cars ftw!!" kiddies on this board. I always thought the general populous of this board was smarter and more mature than that.

QFT. I never noticed so many in the one thread.

I personally am looking forward to the release of the Wii. I mean the selection of launch games is awesome. Plus this system is not going to be for everyone and like the OP said, this post is informational...

One thing I cannot wait to see is a Star Wars game (which has been rumored to be in the works, yes only rumored). Imagine wielding a lightsaber in one hand and using the other for force power (i.e. making a forward motion for force push or pulling back for force pull or maybe shifting the controller side to side for force lighting, crispy critters w00t!)

Plus I believe I read the controller will have a sensitivity adjustment so all you people worried about looking like the crazy neighbor hopping around can turn it down so all it will involve is small flicks of the wrist.

Cmon people, don't knock it till you try it.

MonkeyShave said:

Wavebird > *

you know, i fail to see how the things they like you normally see on the evening news makes them "stupid" or "immature"

Trimlock said:
you know, i fail to see how the things they like you normally see on the evening news makes them "stupid" or "immature"

Ive read this like 5 times now... WHAT?
:confused:

Trimlock said:

Don't put too many words in my mouth. Also, please give me the channel that shows breasts, blood, and fast cars on the news. If by "news" you mean "general crap on television" then yes, blood breasts and fast cars certainly do occupy much of TV. Hence one of the reasons I don't watch much of it anymore.

In fact, generally the games that are rated M are designed for individuals that are rated T, imo. I'd consider a "game" like Brain Age (rated E, btw) FAR more mature than a game like Grand Theft Auto.

Meh, Sorry Nintendo, you were great in your day but I think they've lost site of what alot of hardcore gamers want. If you want to cater back to the kids and general public, fine, but in the meantime, my 360 will be churning away. Im not pleased with Sony after their attitude these past few years so I may give them the finger for PS3. MS knows what we mainstream gamers want, and they delievered. I just got an 360 for my birthday last week and I got to play XBox Live for the first time. Damn...no wonder PC gaming is declining. There are some kick ass games coming out that will easy to use online play.

Innovative technologies for sure on the Wii, but no game catches my eye at all. Yes, even Zelda. I've just outgrown Nintendo's repetative genre's.

You 'outgrew' Nintendo's "repetetive" genres, and in the same paragraph you praise the console that has almost exclusively shooters, racing, and yearly roster-update sports games to choose from?

With that attitude, it's not a wonder that Nintendo has finally woken up and realized whom to market their newest gadgetry (see: ads in Time Magazine and the Discovery channel, rather than Spike TV and Fox).

tosp said:
You 'outgrew' Nintendo's "repetetive" genres, and in the same paragraph you praise the console that has almost exclusively shooters, racing, and yearly roster-update sports games to choose from?

With that attitude, it's not a wonder that Nintendo has finally woken up and realized whom to market their newest gadgetry (see: ads in Time Magazine and the Discovery channel, rather than Spike TV and Fox).

speaking of ads... man the other day i was watching Dr Phil.. and during a commercial break they had an add for the nintendo DS.. crazy stuff.. lol.... they were advertizing brain age though...

Coldtronius said:
Meh, Sorry Nintendo, you were great in your day but I think they've lost site of what alot of hardcore gamers want. If you want to cater back to the kids and general public, fine, but in the meantime, my 360 will be churning away. Im not pleased with Sony after their attitude these past few years so I may give them the finger for PS3. MS knows what we mainstream gamers want, and they delievered. I just got an 360 for my birthday last week and I got to play XBox Live for the first time. Damn...no wonder PC gaming is declining. There are some kick ass games coming out that will easy to use online play.

Innovative technologies for sure on the Wii, but no game catches my eye at all. Yes, even Zelda. I've just outgrown Nintendo's repetative genre's.

this is what I truly hate. since you play games on an x360, you are a hardcore gamer?

what about the one that still plays classic 80's games on their atari? or the one the buys every game that comes out and beats it? or the one that has all three consoles, and plays them all religously? or the one that is good at every game they play?

no, not at all. a hardcore gamer is the one with an xbox360 who plays halo online all the time.

tosp said:

correction, i have seen nintendo ads recently on spike, fox, mtv and g4

then i washed my eyes with bleach for watching spike, mtv and g4

Meh, so they're taking both channels of advertising. Regardless, my point was that there was a lot of contradiction in that post - despite the fact that he's right on with Microsoft's decent online service. There are more games that looks interesting on the Wii at this early stage than there are for the many "play it safe" space marine shooters and racing titles on the 360 (many of which aren't exclusive), aside from the A+ multiplatform titles like Oblivion.

xerus` said:
lolol kidtendo an there gimmiks am i rite?????////

You know, it's customary to use English when posting on these boards. I'm not sure you could even call that a sentence.

[Edit - Ahh... sarcasm. My apologies. :D]

I find it amazing that people can rip into a system that isn't even released yet.

Just like I found it amazing how people were ridiculing the original PS3 boomerang controller, long before they could have possibly tried it. "OMGZ!!! TEZ BOOMERANG!1!" I wouldn't have minded trying it, since most controllers these days don't comfortably fit into my bear claws, but now because of the abstruse reactions of a few I may never be able to.

glutto said:
I find it amazing that people can rip into a system that isn't even released yet.

Just like I found it amazing how people were ridiculing the original PS3 boomerang controller, long before they could have possibly tried it. "OMGZ!!! TEZ BOOMERANG!1!" I wouldn't have minded trying it, since most controllers these days don't comfortably fit into my bear claws, but now because of the abstruse reactions of a few I may never be able to.

For some reason i couldn't help laughing hard when i read you refering to your hands as claws LOL... heheheheh

I have an xbox360, and I'll be sure to get my hands on the Nintedo Wii. Unlike most of the blind gaming sheep that play games today, I'm down with playing anything.

Xiro said:
I have an xbox360, and I'll be sure to get my hands on the Nintedo Wii. Unlike most of the blind gaming sheep that play games today, I'm down with playing anything.

I'f im a blind sheep, your a guliable duck. :rolleyes: Enjoy your Nintendon't. The rest of us had our balls drop and play more mature rated stuff.

Coldtronius said:
I'f im a blind sheep, your a guliable duck. :rolleyes: Enjoy your Nintendon't. The rest of us had our balls drop and play more mature rated stuff.

lol, mature rated......im not even gonna say anything on that one :)

Coldtronius said:

hehe hehehe BOOBIES heheh hehe YEAH!... /Buttheads voice.

Hheerree wee go agaiiinn
:p

Like what GTA :rolleyes:

Coldtronius said:

Most adults enjoy playing games that are fun, doesn't matter if they contain T&A / guns / whatever. I appreciate that most teenagers need to act the adult by playing R rated games.

Coldtronius said:

Wow...you're amazing. You insult his manhood because he said he's opened minded to play any system and any game?

the things I could say but wont

/time wasted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back