CMAK Folder on Windows 10

PiERiT

2[H]4U
A folder called CMAK just showed up in the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders on my Windows 10 machine. I can't delete either of them and I don't know how they got there. I also can't find anything on it in relation to Windows 10; everything I've seen say it's some sort of Windows Server component for VPNs as far as I can tell?

Does anyone else have this? Was it pushed by some update? If I'm supposed to have it then fine, but it seems strange. I haven't installed anything in several days and it only showed up today. MBAM didn't find anything when scanning it.

Got them on my system as well. I noticed a file "cmstp.exe" buried in there, says "Microsoft Connection Manager Profile Installer" when I hit the properties. Directory dates/times are from when I installed the Windows Updates yesterday. I think CMAK = Connection Manager Administration Kit, based on a quick search. Not exactly sure what it is but probably safe to not mess with?

Showed up here as well. By default you can't remove it (without tinkering with the whole "TrustedAdvisor" thing) either.

Back