CM storm Xornet mouse....

Picked up one of these and seems to be a nice mouse for the price.Little diffferent getting used to claw grip style but so far so good.Anybody else use this or similiar style mouse and how do you like it!!!!!

Picked up one of these and seems to be a nice mouse for the price.Little diffferent getting used to claw grip style but so far so good.Anybody else use this or similiar style mouse and how do you like it!!!!!

I have the Spawn, which is the identical same shape but with a different sensor. Best mouse I've ever had IMO.

Supposedly there's some issues with the firmware for the sensor in the Xornet, but if you aren't noticing anything then there's no point worrying about it really.

Yes it tracks great my aim has greatly improved seems built like a tank just not as heavy.....lol......only problem i have sometimes in the heat of the moment i will lift it off mouse pad......but it does feel a little more heavy than the gigabyte gaming mouse i had.

skips like a monkey on crack, low malfunction speed on all black clothpads + puretrak talent - low perfect control speed on artisan hien VE red, tried firmware v50 v52 v55, very dissapointed :(

skips like a monkey on crack, low malfunction speed on all black clothpads + puretrak talent - low perfect control speed on artisan hien VE red, tried firmware v50 v52 v55, very dissapointed :(

If you like the mouse shape but want a higher malfunction speed you can switch to the Spawn. It's super smooth. I think the only sacrifice is a slightly higher lift-off distance, but at least for me I've never noticed it in use.

I had a spawn but i sold it to a friend while waiting for the xornet to ship, spawn is heavier, it jitters on lighter colored surfaces like hien red, its feet are sharp edge and it sports a low perfect control speed.

I can't make the crossair look at the sky, but i can make 360 turns look like 180 :S hope the prediction free - G400 is my final choice, dpi on the fly is a must for bf3, 1800dpi gives the best tracking possible ( native sensor resolution - high perfect control speed ) while 3600dpi helps me turn the goddamn soflam device and 800dpi slows down the uber sensitive minigun.

My recently boughted zowie AM is pretty good tracking wise but it lacks non symmetrical ergonomics and convenient dpi switching, plus the microswitches are very stiff for some people. zowie AM sensor + ec2 blue shell and cord would be 99% ideal. yep i know i'm hard to please :p

its feet are sharp edge and it sports a low perfect control speed.

I'm using it on a Steelseries SX mousepad. Have never encountered either of the issues you talk about, even when using the 800dpi setting for sniping in BF3 and I have to make larger faster movements with the mouse.

I have a G400 and it's ok, sensor is nice, etc, but I hate how skinny the left and right mouse buttons are with a passion.

I'm using it on a Steelseries SX mousepad. Have never encountered either of the issues you talk about, even when using the 800dpi setting for sniping in BF3 and I have to make larger faster movements with the mouse.

I have a G400 and it's ok, sensor is nice, etc, but I hate how skinny the left and right mouse buttons are with a passion.

I use a 35cm/360 sens and my zowie g-tf speed offers plenty of room for fast flicks, your pad is much smaller, spawn's 800 dpi mode is interpolated and kinda crappy even if CM tried to improve it with later firmware updates http://www.overclock.net/t/1105557/cm-storm-spawn-review-and-comparisons-to-abyssus

Can you compare the G400 buttons with one featured on mx518 or earlier mx mice ? I got a mx510 with hyperglides mx-1 handy and it feels quite nice minus the 125hz polling rate and angle snapping

I use a 35cm/360 sens and my zowie g-tf speed offers plenty of room for fast flicks, your pad is much smaller, spawn's 800 dpi mode is interpolated and kinda crappy even if CM tried to improve it with later firmware updates http://www.overclock.net/t/1105557/cm-storm-spawn-review-and-comparisons-to-abyssus

Can you compare the G400 buttons with one featured on mx518 or earlier mx mice ? I got a mx510 with hyperglides mx-1 handy and it feels quite nice minus the 125hz polling rate and angle snapping

I have an MX518 somewhere. I think the buttons are the same, but I'll check.

*As far as I can tell the G400 is identical physically. My problem with the buttons is kind of two issues combining to make one problem. The first is that I have big hands and long fingers, the second is that the G400 is more of a palm grip mouse than anything else. It's not overly suited to Claw/Fingertip. The end result is that I tend to hold the mouse differently, and if my palm is touching the back of the mouse then my fingers extend out past the button end of the mouse. If I curve my fingers back so the tips are touching the buttons, they're also touching the plastic/rubber edges around the buttons more than the buttons themselves.

As for the "issues" with 800dpi on the spawn, I only use 800dpi for the one thing in the one game, and it's worked excellently for me so far. I use the 1800dpi setting probably 90% of the time, and the 3200dpi setting for a few specific things like speeding up tank turret rotation on the fly in BF3 and other games with an aiming mode that slows down your viewpoint movement.

In a perfect world I would be able to shove the sensor from the Deathadder Black Edition into a lighter weight version of the Logitech G500 shell. I would be happy forever.

Last edited:
My MX518 broke so I ordered a G400 as a replacement.... Used the G400 for a couple of days and found that although the sensor and 1000hz polling rate seem nice the G400 HAS NO GRIP AT ALL! So I ended up returning the G400 and buying another trusty MX518... Yes it is a bit old and only has 125hz polling rate but tbh the ergonomics / grip and the build quality of the MX518 are legendary! Still struggling to find a better mouse then the 5 year old MX518 so for now I am sticking with it!

If you use a claw grip and pick the mouse up a lot then the G400 is FAR TOO SLIPPY and has no grip at all.... Shame really because otherwise it seems good.... Oh well back to the good old MX518 even thought it cost MORE then the brand new G400! The MX518 has to be one of... if not THE best mouse ever made for competitve FPS games

I collect mice ( http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3040/img3212x.jpg ) and recently got my Xornet in the mail. I'm more used to the WMO shape recently but I gave it a shot. I'm getting used to the shape quickly and I think I'll keep using it for a wile. The two things I don't like about it are that it tracks okay..not great on my black cloth pad. If I whip it to the side really quick it freaks out like the old laser sensors did, and looks straight down. I use it at 500dpi with quite low sensitivity so I'll add some accel in-game or bump my sens up a little bit if need be. Also I feel the liftoff distance is actually quite high. Having used the WMO for a while most recently I got used to the low LOD of that mouse. I've heard stories of other mice being much worse though, so I'll deal with it for now and I can always switch to one of my others if it becomes completely unacceptable. Finally I do like the button response of mouse1/mouse2, and the scroll wheel is decent. I only use the side buttons for browsing so I don't really care how responsive they are, but they're okay too :)

If anyone plays QuakeLive in US/CAN add me: trex

I've recently bought a Storm Spawn and I love it. The buttons are all great, it's light and feels like a glove. I also bought a steelseries 4H w/it. Coming from a cloth pad and a Razer Lachesis I've been adapting a bit over the last week. I'm confident once I'm totally used to the new setup I'll be way happier and lots more accurate than I was b/f.

I collect mice ( http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3040/img3212x.jpg ) and recently got my Xornet in the mail. I'm more used to the WMO shape recently but I gave it a shot. I'm getting used to the shape quickly and I think I'll keep using it for a wile. The two things I don't like about it are that it tracks okay..not great on my black cloth pad. If I whip it to the side really quick it freaks out like the old laser sensors did, and looks straight down. I use it at 500dpi with quite low sensitivity so I'll add some accel in-game or bump my sens up a little bit if need be. Also I feel the liftoff distance is actually quite high. Having used the WMO for a while most recently I got used to the low LOD of that mouse. I've heard stories of other mice being much worse though, so I'll deal with it for now and I can always switch to one of my others if it becomes completely unacceptable. Finally I do like the button response of mouse1/mouse2, and the scroll wheel is decent. I only use the side buttons for browsing so I don't really care how responsive they are, but they're okay too :)

If anyone plays QuakeLive in US/CAN add me: trex

Ya i say you got a few there,so which one is the oldest you have!

Back