CM Storm Spawn $36.34 - $10MIR = $26.34 AR

cjhatesu

Limp Gawd
pytpE.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Optical-Sensor-SGM-2000-MLON1/dp/B004RJJMBI/
I just bought this mouse at $42 earlier in the week and now it's at $36 with a $10 Mail in Rebate (bolded and reded so no one can bitch that rebate wasn't mentioned.)

If you haven't already heard about this mouse. It is designed for claw/fingertip grip mouse users thus it's stubby appearance. It also has a very highly regarded laser and the button switches are supposed to be rated up to 5million clicks.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I may pick one up would love to try it..

For reference -

Avago ADNS-A3090 Optical LED Sensor, Mechanical wheel encoder, Omron D2FC-F-7N Microswitches, 142g weight (inc. cable)

LOL well looks like I'll be ordering another one of these and refunding the one that I just got the other day. I just looked at the bottom of my mouse and for some reason I never really paid attention when I looked before, but the laser on my mouse reads "2000DPI" not "3500DPI". I don't feel this is a scam since the product was sold by Amazon so it must just be a manufacturer defect, but no big sweat when Amazon pays the shipping back. I did think this 1800DPI setting was a bit slow compared to my old setting of 1600DPI on my sidewinder x5.

Do you think I should be worried about the skid pads getting scratched up? I mean the laser isn't correct so it isn't like they can resell it as open box unless it gets refurbed anyway.

Beware of this. Kinda wish I could keep it like a special edition xornet lol.
hlyNi.jpg

Last edited:
Figures I just ordered a second one of these on Monday (already have one, liked it so much I want a backup). Definitely the best mouse I've ever used for claw/finger (and that's coming from a G9 / Copperhead). Also tried g500/deathadder and this is the most comfortable grip I've used (and I have large hands).

Thanks for the heads up about the 2000 DPI sensor cjhatesu, I'll keep an eye out for that.

2000 DPI is by no means bad.
You act like I should be happy that I got the laser from the budget version of the Spawn. :p Xornet seems like a great mouse from what I've used here, but I want what I paid for.

Do you think it was Amazon's mistake?

It clearly says 3500 dpi and the part number. Yours is a different part number.

crap, didn't notice there is two part numbers on it!

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks for the heads up on the different versions of this mouse. I would probably not have noticed it myself for a while. Guess it's a good practice to always check what you get.

Fantastic mouse for claw, fingertip and claw/palm hybrid grip users; Especially if you like light mice. Not very good for those who prefer a full on palm grip unless you have really small hands. The buttons have a satisfying click that's not too loud and are easy to press. The scroll wheel is great as well, firm and quiet with an easy middle click. Lift off distance is a couple cd's, very minimal. I haven't noticed any tracking issues, no acceleration and prediction can be enabled/disabled via drivers.

My only gripe is the slightly thick/heavy cord which wouldn't be much of an issue on heavier mice but can be noticeable considering the light weight of the spawn.

All in all, an excellent deal for the money.

What the shit? I just got my replacement and it also says 2000DPI. All the pictures that I google show the bottom of the CM Storm Spawn saying 3500 DPI on the bottom with the same exact model numbers as the ones that I've gotten. I wonder if it is just the over lay that says 2000DPI and it is really the 3500DPI laser? Contacted CM support to see if they can answer any questions. I'd rather not have to go through any more replacements just to find out that it is just the sticker on the laser which is wrong.

Vf1so.jpg

Last edited:
What the shit? I just got my replacement and it also says 2000DPI. All the pictures that I google show the bottom of the CM Storm Spawn saying 3500 DPI on the bottom with the same exact model numbers as the ones that I've gotten. I wonder if it is just the over lay that says 2000DPI and it is really the 3500DPI laser? Contacted CM support to see if they can answer any questions. I'd rather not have to go through any more replacements just to find out that it is just the sticker on the laser which is wrong.

Hmm odd. I ordered this on Friday, just got it in today. Mine said 3500 DPI on the box and it was the same as the bottom of the mouse also. Seems like a run of bad luck for you.

Wow, that's a crazy bad run of misfortune there. You didn't drop a deuce in the return box or anything to make them mad? LOL Hope you get the right one.

debating upgrading from my Habu mouse. Its getting kind of jittery and i do have the claw grip.

I use the Spawn now myself.

Best claw or fingertip grip mouse around far as I'm concerned.

debating upgrading from my Habu mouse. Its getting kind of jittery and i do have the claw grip.

I like my Spawn a lot. While waiting for my replacement Spawns I had to go back to my old Sidewinder X5 and I really noticed how jittery that felt compared to the Spawn. I also find it extremely comfortable for the claw/fingertip grip since you don't have to scrunch your hand up so much to grip it due to the pinky flare. The shortened length will probably go entirely unnoticed by most people using the proper grip. My biggest gripe with this mouse is that you can't set custom DPI for the variable DPI. They let you swap out the positions but not the actual DPI which is pretty annoying, but I really haven't been effected by it though the option would still be nice.

picked one @ Fry's over the weekend, they'll match the $25 if you have one locally.

I have to say this is one hell of a mouse, buying at this price was a steal.

picked one @ Fry's over the weekend, they'll match the $25 if you have one locally.

I have to say this is one hell of a mouse, buying at this price was a steal.

Bah.. missed it. Back up to $36 and change at Amazon. I have Frys locally too.:mad:

Yeah, thanks OP, I like trying new mice. This one is great for my smallish hands & claw grip.

I just got mine, and the DPI on the bottom says 2000 instead of 3500. Pretty disappointing. I wonder what the reason is.

I just got mine, and the DPI on the bottom says 2000 instead of 3500. Pretty disappointing. I wonder what the reason is.

That's wild. I kind of think that they are the correct laser with just the wrong inlay, but still it's not right. I had to do two returns until I finally got the right one, I hope you have better luck.

Back