CM Hyper6+ to ZM CNPS9700, is it worth it?

pxoint

Weaksauce
helloo,

im thinking about upgrading my Hyper6+ for my current build, im using this cooler since my P4 478 days and was thinking that it is about time for an upgrade. my 6400 oc'd @3.2ghz runs 45°/42° C idle and 52°/51° at load (note: i left my window open so room temp is about 18°, winter is OC TIME! WOHOOO)

so my questions qould be:
-would i see a big difference?
-is the upgrade worth it?
-any better air cooling solutions? :D

as always,
thanks in advance :)

thanks, but i guess im gonna wait for now ;) and stay with my good old CM till i get one of those new TEC coolers :D

The Hyper6+ is still an excellent heatsink, and you're getting very good temps with it. Unless you begin to have real temperature-related issues, there's no point in changing heatsinks. Plus, the 9700 isn't the best heatsink anyways.

The 9700 isn't the best heatsink, yeah. But it's almost the best. And it may not be the best value, but it looks so fucking badass. The Tuniq Tower and Scythe Infinity are more practical, but they just look so ugly by comparison.

I was willing to sacrifice a few megahertz for the sexy that is the Zalman 9700. I don't regret it--it's a much better cooler than my Thermalright XP-90 and it makes me hard every time I look at it.

Zero82z said:
That's just a little bit creepy... ;)
Yeah well you don't even wanna know what happened when I saw pics of the black "ultimate" Zalman 9700... :eek:

Zinn said:
Yeah well you don't even wanna know what happened when I saw pics of the black "ultimate" Zalman 9700... :eek:

I know what you mean. Within the last month I upgraded my 9500 to the 9700 and saw the Tuniq Tower in stock and bought it, then after a week I saw the 9700NT and want that one too.
:D

Back