CM Hyper TX3 for 775. Decent?

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
Anyone think of any issues with the Cooler Master Hyper TX3. It is a fairly cheap push pin (don't want to remove MB) cooler for 775.

I want to run a Q9400 at about 3GHz tops.

Looking for stable, quiet cooling for mild overclock.

Arctic Freezer 7 seems to be a top alternative, but it is double the price around here. Worth double TX3???

I also thing the Hyper 212 plus is a better choice.They are on sale at Microcenter for $23.99.

I also thing the Hyper 212 plus is a better choice.They are on sale at Microcenter for $23.99.

Except that isn't one of the choices. I am looking for smaller/lighter/push pin connection.

Not nearly two pounds of monster heatsink that require removing my motherboard and bolt through support.

Did you miss the (don't want to remove MB) in the first post.

Except that isn't one of the choices. I am looking for smaller/lighter/push pin connection.

Not nearly two pounds of monster heatsink that require removing my motherboard and bolt through support.

We didn't miss it. I was the one who suggested the 212plus, and I quote "TX3's a decent cooler, I'd use the 212plus myself. " Just giving an opinion. Thats all. :)

We didn't miss it. I was the one who suggested the 212plus, and I quote "TX3's a decent cooler, I'd use the 212plus myself. " Just giving an opinion. Thats all. :)

You speak for lodingi?

Absolutely ZERO interest in large models that require bolt through.

I am interested in TX3 vs Freezer 7 or potentially other Push pin alternative.

Apparently I did miss that comment.

Absolutely ZERO interest in large models that require bolt through.

Well alright then. Ciou for now.

The Reeven RCCT-0901SP is pretty decent, especially for 19 bucks. Not the quietest though, but any cooler running a 92mm at 2500+ RPM isn't going to be exactly quiet (at least to my ears).

Review: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/reeven_rcct/

Thanks,

I am using a stock Intel cooler now. Must be better than that. TX3 is quieter and cools better than stock in reviews I read. The Reevan looks similar. With automatic speed control even the Intel stock is near silent in general use.

I went with the Hyper TX3.

Does exactly what I need it to do, which is quietly cool my [email protected]. Running Prime95 temp is around 60C and it is barely audible over case fans. It takes Intel Burn Test to get it to 65C and somewhat noisy, but I doubt that will ever in real use.

Cheap, fairly light weight and fairly effective.

Fairly good for the money.

Back