CM HAF932 $129.99 & Antec 1200 $139.99 @ Microcenter B&M

OK, I am confused, I have always heard that Aluminun Cases are the best for Gaming or better air Flow but, as of late, all the High Air Flow cases are made out of Steel.

OK, I am confused, I have always heard that Aluminun Cases are the best for Gaming or better air Flow but, as of late, all the High Air Flow cases are made out of Steel.

Generally speaking, choosing between aluminum or steel comes down to a matter of preference, and really has nothing to do with being a gamer case or not or even having better airflow. For the most part, aluminum is mainly just lighter and makes transporting your PC easier, though usually not as sturdy or as quiet as heavy steel cases. There are exceptions to aluminum sturdiness such as Lian-Li made cases but there are premiums attached to this, which is another advantage to steel cases, overall price. Again there are exceptions to this as well, but if you took a look at high end aluminum cases versus high end steel cases, aluminum can run for a significantly higher chunk of change. Also, airflow is all about the number of fan placements available, the size of the fan that those placements can accommodate, the locations of those placements in the case with respect to the space inside, and finally the fans you want to use in them.

Hope that helps. :)

It's actually pretty stupid to bump Hot Deal threads. If it's truly a hot deal then enough people will comment on it to keep it on the front page, otherwise it's probably not that good of a deal. It's one of the ways to tell how good a deal really is.

Back