CLOSED WTB Cheapest 4790K on the face of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

narsbars

2[H]4U
I have a 4670K, and only looking for a bump so not willing to spend much. Under a hundred. Glad to trade the 4670K as part of a deal.
For trade also have a bunch of retro ram all the way back to 256 sticks, DDR2, some DDR3 2 gig Sodimms and about 25 pieces I haven't even looked at in years. An iPhone 5S unlocked CDMA. Galaxy S6 belonged to Kyles's mom at one point.
Also have a pile of vastly obsolete vid cards for retro rigs. If you are interested I will snap some pics, too much trouble to research everything. Warning if we make a deal I will probably include EVERYTHING, not just the pieces you wanted and call it spring cleaning.

Last edited:
I told you man, I'll give you my 4790k for that price as soon as Zen 3 releases. I want more than the 15% performance per-core either Skylake or Zen 2 brings me.

You have to wait the same 4-6 month s that I have to.

The only thing that may delay this purchase might be if we go down to Orlando sometime this winter, but otherwise I should have the spare cash.

Last edited:
Since you don't like ebay, this might not be of much worth... but you could buy a full used system and part out components and likely end up "net" with a CPU for less than $100 (the risk being in the selling of the parts).

I understand the “no EBay “ sentiments but V3 Xeons all day for around 70 shipped there. If not overclocking then they are great alternatives to the i7s.

10 seconds searching so may find an even better deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164120775322

Could be 40 or less out of pocket if you sell the i5.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I understand the “no EBay “ sentiments but V3 Xeons all day for around 70 shipped there. If not overclocking then they are great alternatives to the i7s.

10 seconds searching so may find an even better deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164120775322

Could be 40 or less out of pocket if you sell the i5.
Bump. Never thought of that. How does it compare to the 4790?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Check your Motherboard support page to see which Xeons , I f any , it supports. Then hit up the Intel Ark site and look at clock speeds of those vs the i7. They will perform close enough if no OC is involved since it’s all Haswell at the end of the day.

I ran a 1265L V3 45w Haswell Xeon with a 1070 in a small form factor build and no performance issues gaming etc.

If is matters, just realize that no all Xeons have QSV, which could be problematic (watch your SKUs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back