Closed loop suggestion for Fractal Define R4 case?

sphinx99

[H]ard|Gawd
Title more or less says it all. I'm looking for a simple and reliable closed-loop cooling system for a build in a Fractal Design Define R4 case. This is a Haswell / 1150 box, and the goal is just moderate OC (4.2, 4.3, 4.4... whatever is stable) and quiet operation. The mobo is an Asus Z87 Pro.

Ideally I'd like something like the H100i but it sounds like there will be fitment issues with the radiator due to lack of room between the motherboard top edge and the roof of the case, as the R4 is not terribly big. The Asus mobo also has some bulky VR spreaders on the top edge. I'm not sure if there's something a bit smaller that gets the job done. I'd prefer to keep the price around the H100i ballpark or less, but there's a little flexibility. This is for my wife who mostly needs good Guild Wars 2 performance, so I'm just looking for a stable, reasonable OC and cooling.

Any suggestions?

here its a h100i mounted in a fractal R4 with sabertooth z77. no issues.. the only thing i recommend its to put the tubes on the front side.. to let the rear fan have better airflow.. also in that case you can mount the h100i on the front without problems with fans as intake..

Back