Cloning 40gb SSD to 64gb SSD

What is the best way to clone a 40gb SSD over to 64gb SSD?

Was succesful with easeus and it cloned fine but it messed upp the 1024 alignment so the 64gb SSD only had 4.5mb/s write speed.

I tried GHOST 15 and the harddrive gives BSOD when booting to Windows 7...

I tried Clonezilla and USB boot method and it did not boot clonezilla from BIOS.

I do not have DVD-Drive so it has to be in windows or USB boot.
So the only one that works is easeus...

I tried windows 7 builtin backup of image, boot of USB stick with windows 7 disk click repair and load image from harddrive and it gives error:

The system image restore failed.

Error details: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)

There is a app called paramount alignment tool that can fix alignment on OS drives but it seems to cost money maybe this is my last shot, a clean install of windows 7 with all the modifications is going to take me 40+ hours so is time is money then I guess here you come paramount alignment tool

Just what a quick search turned up, not sure if it helps.

Error details: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)

File Backup fails with the following error:
The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)

This error is caused by a bug in File Backup where if you don't back up at least one file during the full backup, every backup after that fails. The workaround is to go through the Backup wizard again and choose a new full file backup at the very end.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/...-restore-and-complete-pc-backup-problems.aspx

I live in Sweden and english is not my first language.

What does all of this mean, is there a bug in the image backup I made or the problem is something different.

Does making a new backup of OS disk (C: 40gb intel) and put the backup on my Samsung 2tb 204UI, remove 40gb ssd and install the new 64gb ssd in PC not give this error anymore?

--------------------- EDIT regarding my 2tb drive that I intend to put the backup image to from windows 7 ----------------------
Also I know that my 2TB Samsung 204UI has a firmware bug where if using it under Linux erases it completely but because I only use windows and don't want loose data on it I never upgraded the firmware, maybe it is time to upgrade the firmware of the 2TB storage harddrive aswell?

You can get a free copy of the WD clone tool at the Western Digital website - it is SSD aware and will keep the alignment on the new drive.

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119

Many thanks!

Hmm, WD does not manufacture SSD, also it is based on 2009 Acronis.
I'm wery sceptical this will work...

Did I understand correct that the windows clone bug I can remove if I make a new backup in wizard?

Many thanks!

Hmm, WD does not manufacture SSD, also it is based on 2009 Acronis.
I'm wery sceptical this will work...

Did I understand correct that the windows clone bug I can remove if I make a new backup in wizard?

I'd try the WD tool first. I just used it the other day to clone my X-25M to a new M4 and it worked fine.

Acronis True Image WD Edition now supports WD Advanced Format Drives and ensures that all partitions are optimally aligned

Back