Clockgen ghost M6805

Sucka

Gawd
Wondering if anyone else has been able to get this to work with this notebook. I've followed the instructions to no avail. Just starting to become a pita to reset my desired clock after each reboot.

Nope.
There are quite a few people here using clockgen on the m6805/7. I can't speak for anyone but myself of course, but I only bump the FSB up a little before playing a game, which is rare. IMO, this machine is fast enough "as is", and I don't yet have any need to run it at a constant OC.

Probably true, however being that i'm an addict, and i want it overclocked i had to ask. Even a nice 1.950 for 24/7 use would be fine by me, i wouldn't be worried about any damage from such a modest oc anyways.

If anyone figures out a way to make it work though, please let me know. Thanks.

the instructions on doing it are on the site, but i have not found a way to do it either. it doesn't seem like it generates the correct file that the instructions talk about...

not sure that there's a way to get it to OC like that... :(

.a.

I only up it when playing games, I agree the default setting for general use has [lenty of power. But for the die hard that must run full tilt always, checkout http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=7079 "What you guys have to do is actually create a .txt file, post the values in the file and then link the shortcut to the .txt NOT the .ini." Hope that helps ya out.

I had already tried that when i came across that thread, didn't seem to do work either. It's becoming more clear that there is no way to set it yet, lets hope someone figures it out. Thanks for the tip though.

Actually I have had dialog with the creator and he has fixed it with the latest version. It now works in ghost mode.

Spiderkhan

Verified.
Clockgen is now working as advertised in ghost mode.
(At least for me it is)

Latest version as in ...403?

Can you let me know exactly what did please. I'm still having some problems with it working properly. Thanks for the heads up though.

....405 works like a charm now for those wanting to clock on startup. Thanks to spider for the research.

Originally posted by Sucka
....405 works like a charm now for those wanting to clock on startup. Thanks to spider for the research.

Yeah the ghost mode not working was killing me. Now, it's cool to have the shortcut on the desktop named "Turbo Boost" (in memory of the 80's show Knight Rider).

One of the things that I have noticed is that if you put the computer into suspend mode, the settings get lost and have to be reloaded.

Spiderkhan

Back