Clock fell on my 360

Tac

Limp Gawd
I'll paint you a picture. It's early in the afternoon and I'm jonesing to play some Halo 3. I turn on the system, sign my profile in and start matchmaking. I'm not in they game 30 seconds and my clock hanging on the wall (which I thought was secured) comes crashing right on top of my 360 causing the to glass shatter. I set my controller down and promptly inspect the 360, which aside from some glass sprinkled on it appears fine. I turn off the console clean the mess up and go about my day. Fast forward 8 hours later I turn it on turns on like normal except I notice it stays on the 360 screen longer then it usually would then a black screen pops up with error code E68 and I see one red flashing light on RoL.

I don't stand why It wouldn't work now since it was working after it happened. could be glass inside it I guess. does anyone know what error E68 is for?

10 seconds with google reveals:

"E68: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it, This can also be caused by a Hard Drive Eprom Error. Some also believe this might be caused by a problem with the fans."

OR:

"E68: Voltage Error... This error means that the Xbox 360 has insufficent power to function properly. This can be caused by an error in the hard drive or the fans that make them suck up too much power, it can also be caused if you have unnecessary accessories attached to the console like an external fan unit. Attempt to remove unnecessary accessories first, and then necessary components such as the hard drive and USB devices. If you have any case mods you may want to investigate those as well."

The internets can't seem to agree on what it means. Your best best would be calling MS and asking them, methinks.

The impact could have screwed up the hard drive hence the dreaded ORRoD. (One Red Ring of Death)

The impact could have screwed up the hard drive hence the dreaded ORRoD. (One Red Ring of Death)

I've never heard of the dreaded ORRoD. But if you spell it backwards, it's DoRRO. For whatever that's worth.

Ugh... I hope it's not a hard drive failure. That would truly suck for you.

After doing some troubleshooting on it I quickly narrowed it down to the hard drive. :( I was thinking ok I'll go to walmart and pick one up. that is until I saw the retail for this thing $100 for a 20GB HDD holy shit. So I ordered an OEM hard drive from here. I'm curious though the games I've bought off of the XLA are linked to my gamer profile and not my HDD correct?

10 seconds with google reveals:

"E68: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it, This can also be caused by a Hard Drive Eprom Error. Some also believe this might be caused by a problem with the fans."

OR:

"E68: Voltage Error... This error means that the Xbox 360 has insufficent power to function properly. This can be caused by an error in the hard drive or the fans that make them suck up too much power, it can also be caused if you have unnecessary accessories attached to the console like an external fan unit. Attempt to remove unnecessary accessories first, and then necessary components such as the hard drive and USB devices. If you have any case mods you may want to investigate those as well."

The internets can't seem to agree on what it means. Your best best would be calling MS and asking them, methinks.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/349840540987

E68 Error: Impact from wall clock from a height of between 2 and 6 feet

Symptoms
The case of the Xbox 360 is cracked as well as glass scattered in and around the console.

Cause
Wall clock was mounted with a thumb tack.

Resolution
You are not hanging your wall clock on the International Space Station. Use something a little more substantial and buy a new Xbox 360 gaming console.

Back