Clive Barker's Undying

logan1

Gawd
Well I heard so many people saying that this game was a sooooo scary that D3 wan nothn compared to it. Well just started playing the game and about 3 hours into it on the hardest difficulty; I gotta say I think D3 is the scariest

Undying was not scary at all. The only it had was freaky character designs and the typical cinematic horror techniques. To this day, nothing scares me more than Realms of the Haunting.

Undying was scary during the first couple levels. Once you start going outside though all the scary-ness gets scared and runs away.

yea, that game got lame after a few levels... dropped it when d3 came out. muuuuuuuuch scarier.

pif. to me, seriously just put the game and the cd key in an box or envelope and send it to me. I'm dead serious about this, I figure it would be what ever a stamp costs (37 cents?) so just send that bad boy to me. PM me for my address if you really hate that game, I'll give it a good home. I couldn't find it in any store I went to.
I need something to tie my over until I get my new comp built, and then start in on all the DOOM3 and HL2 fun.

I dunno, I still refuse to play Undying again. But Doom 3 isnt really phasing me much.

Doom3 is the B horror movie scary. You know something is coming soon, but not exactly when. However, I find that is pretty predictable after a while.

I also agree that System Shock 2 has more of a "fright" factor. Though both have a lost in space by yourself feel, I feel that SS2 gave me more for a longer period of time. I also found the game easier to play through. I am struggling to finish D3 since I really feel that it is fun for an hour, I get bored, then I play it again in a few days. At this rate, I will finish the game in 6 months.

It was so scary that I actually fell asleep while playing it :rolleyes:...interesting game but the graphics are dated compared to todays games...storyline was weird too...

On the Lam said:
If you want scary play Fatal Frame & Fatal Frame 2
What's that??? I haven't heard about those games before...

[a few minutes after googling]

Ohhh...it's not a PC game...that explains why I haven't heard about it...looks scarry...I'll have to try it out if/when I get back into PS2ing...

I used to play my PS2 for a few months and then play PC games for a few months and then go back to my PS2 and then PC back and forth...but now I've stopped at PC games...haven't played my PS2 in like 2-3 years...poor thing...one good thing about it tho is when I was into my PS2 the games were damn expensive...but now they're prolly really cheap...and when PS3 comes out then they'll be even cheaper...oh wow...I'll be able to get a bunch of PS2 games for a cheap price when PS3 comes out...

Metallica_Band said:
It was so scary that I actually fell asleep while playing it :rolleyes:...interesting game but the graphics are dated compared to todays games...storyline was weird too...

You talking about SS2? Have you tried the High Res Texture and Model Mod's? Story is awsome, once you get further and listen to all the video logs, man its good.

|MaguS| said:
You talking about SS2?
Naw...haven't played any of the System Shock games...I was talking about Undying...and I was being sarcastic about the being scared part...

The scariest game in my book by far is Silent Hill 3. There's some twisted, twisted shit in that game....

Undying was a decent scary game, but compared to D3, Undying is like a Barney movie.

Undying to me, was one of the scariest PC games, next to SS2 and up there with Silent Hill too.

It had that just scary and creepy ass atmosphere to it.
!SPOILERS!

Espically the paintings and shit, some of those were awesome. One part that I thought was pretty neat was when that statue opened it's chest with the heart inside and asked you to shoot it.

However I have to say the first half of the game was scary and an awesome fucking game, but around there it goes downhill FASTTTTTT, from a nice well scripted scary game into a generic feeling FPS. I mean that last boss and lv's were just so damn bland and NOT scary in the least. They shoulda stuck with the designs of the guy and woman at first.
!SPOILERS!

Still I wish they'd make another game, clive barker >*

*** Minor D3 SPOILERS ***

Undying had its fine points, all the drawn art (paintings etc) and other design elements were awesome. It isnt really fair to compare it with D3 because Undying is freakin' OLD.
In terms of scariness, Undying loses its edge early on.. but as we all know, so does D3. There isnt anything terribly clever, creative, or novel about BOO something jumps out at ya multiplied by 2,000 times(didnt we do all that 10 years ago in Doom1?). It certainly isnt scary. Actual imagination went into a select few points, like the bloody footprints (too bad that sequence doesnt go anywhere) or the first dog bastard you run into that dents up the door before flying through the glass. Stuff just magically spawning in next to you, thats just irritating after a while.

Back