Clip-On Handgun Attachment Makes Bullets Less-Lethal

Side note, what's wrong with pepper spray and tasers? I've been pepper sprayed (dumb college kids participating in dumb dares with friends) and it really sucked. That shit would stop me cold in 2 seconds.

It's an option that in some circumstances might well work as intended.

Have it on the belt ready. If it manges to reduce a few deaths then it may save a lot of time, anger and money down the line.

I don't see it. First off, Officers are not trained to shoot only one round, they are trained to shoot till the threat is stopped. Firing a first less-lethal round pretty much ensures that a properly trained cop will be shooting several more quite lethal rounds following the first.

Cops already catch a lot of shit for shooting people when they might could have tazed them. Sometimes it's cause you have a cop that actually wants to shoot someone, but other times it's just the way the situation developed, going south fast with no time to really think through and consider other options. Fear drives the hand to the gun first, not the taser.

Side note, what's wrong with pepper spray and tasers? I've been pepper sprayed (dumb college kids participating in dumb dares with friends) and it really sucked. That shit would stop me cold in 2 seconds.

Plenty of instances where neither pepper spray or even tasers worked to subdue a violent person. Some just get too wound up or other chemicals in their system prevent the non-lethal options from stopping them.

"A knife attacker can cover a lot of ground in a very short time and cause a lot of damage if not kill you. Lethal force is needed in that situation if you value your life." This. Not sure why they'd even pick a knife wielding attacker for the example scenario. If someone is coming at you with a knife and refuses to stop: light him up. I'm far from a police apologist, but I'd have no problem whatsoever with that response.

Well, that's part of the problem, a knife weilding attacker was really a poor choice, it shoulda been something else but truth is, I see the circumstances where this device could be practical as much more complex and difficult to protray. Try to be realistic in this regard would sort of dilute the simple message being used to sell the device.

Take someone who is upset, angry, might hurt someone else. One of those situations that just keeps building up until the cops realize they are going to have to use force. It's possible that taser employment might not be effective and that a cop could have time to evalute the situation properly and prepare both mentally and physically to make good use of this device.

So I can see where it could be used effectively, but I can also see a rattled cop try to use it and end up killing someone anyway.

This will fail. Truth be told....if I am aiming a gun at someone, I am aiming to put them down. Permanently.

Are you a cop? Pretty sure this is mainly meant for police, since they've been having some issues lately "putting down" too many people of questionable guilt.

Back