Cliff B wants everyone to stop being so mean to EA

microtransactions in every game
two AC games in less than 12 months
killing every studio they buy

i hope EA goes out of business, i really do. the industry needs to grow the fuck up.

i hope EA goes out of business, i really do. the industry needs to grow the fuck up.

I'd be very careful about this. For all the grief people complain about EA, Activision, and Ubisoft, if they all went out of business as seems to be the will of the internet gamers, AAA titles would practically be non existent.

And quite honestly, even if another company acquired certain IPs, they certainly would turn into the unholy trinity.

I'd be very careful about this. For all the grief people complain about EA, Activision, and Ubisoft, if they all went out of business as seems to be the will of the internet gamers, AAA titles would practically be non existent.

And quite honestly, even if another company acquired certain IPs, they certainly would turn into the unholy trinity.

at this point, most "AAA" huge budget games are complete shit. just rehashes of last year's version. it would do the industry a lot of good for the big companies to crash.

the indie gaming/kickstarter scene is growing by leaps and bounds. we'd be fine without the $60 million budget CoD 19 this year, 8th assassin's creed game, and so on and so forth.

i haven't played an EA game since dragon age 2. i refuse to even pirate their games.

at this point, most "AAA" huge budget games are complete shit. just rehashes of last year's version. it would do the industry a lot of good for the big companies to crash.

the indie gaming/kickstarter scene is growing by leaps and bounds. we'd be fine without the $60 million budget CoD 19 this year, 8th assassin's creed game, and so on and so forth.

i haven't played an EA game since dragon age 2. i refuse to even pirate their games.

While I agree that sequels definitely should not be a yearly thing, I'm not so sure I'd agree about big companies crashing. In the long run, I think that would do much more harm than good.

As for indie gaming/kickstarter, I tend to want to see results before I make a judgment. Also though, people tend to be fickle. If it's not EA hating, there will be someone else to hate.

Who says the people playing the games haven't grown up. People born int he 80's and before are no longer their target market.
Now that we have our degrees and careers, seeing things from a moral/business POV, people in their teens just want to enjoy playing games.

When it becomes more than playing games, it's time to find a new hobby.

cliffyb can get fucked.

after the bullshit he put PC gamers through with ut3 he can go jump off a cliff(LOL)

cliffyb can get fucked.

after the bullshit he put PC gamers through with ut3 he can go jump off a cliff(LOL)

Don't forget the disastrous Gears of War port, which Epic couldn't even be arsed handling itself but outsourced to People Can Fly, who botched it hardcore.

Who says the people playing the games haven't grown up. People born int he 80's and before are no longer their target market.
Now that we have our degrees and careers, seeing things from a moral/business POV, people in their teens just want to enjoy playing games.

When it becomes more than playing games, it's time to find a new hobby.

Funny you should say that. Playing games has become more than playing games for the kids, the casual crowd targeted by big publishers. Its a game of spending money. Season pass is all the rage these days. Spending more on DLC than the game itself; only in AAA titles.

Heck I thought Diablo 3 RMAH would be a failure, turns out I was wrong. Even the $250 limit per item wasn't enough spending. These kids don't just want to enjoy a game, they want to spend more money to be better than others.

Its the smaller indie/crowd funded dev that are making video games that function as a video game and not a money drain. :)

Funny you should say that. Playing games has become more than playing games for the kids, the casual crowd targeted by big publishers. Its a game of spending money. Season pass is all the rage these days. Spending more on DLC than the game itself; only in AAA titles.

Heck I thought Diablo 3 RMAH would be a failure, turns out I was wrong. Even the $250 limit per item wasn't enough spending. These kids don't just want to enjoy a game, they want to spend more money to be better than others.

Its the smaller indie/crowd funded dev that are making video games that function as a video game and not a money drain. :)

Yeah, it's like a meta-game of its own.

He's never been free from criticism either, so perhaps he relates to EA.

Overall, I agree with his message. I agree that it is a vocal minority too, or at least hypocrites. For example, take the "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2" boycott that happened a few years ago. So much outrage, yet many of these people bought the game on day 1 (at full price) anyway. Haven't you ever gotten frustrated with whiners and just wanted to tell them to shut up?

We can complain all we want too, but the reality is they are right. Actions do speak louder than words, and the money backs EA, Cliffy B, etc. more than our empty complaints.

Never bought that game and have only bought 1 EA game since. Haven't bought any since Origin.

Most people hate on ea for stupid reasons or just cause they think they should. Idk if its people's lack of acceptance from being hella nerdy or some shit and they're trying to fit in.

Some people may feel it's warranted especially those that remember red alert and red alert 2 and then played any cc game after haha

Seriously though most of the people that hate, love atleast one EA game. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

I vote with my wallet. The problem is, as mentioned, most people bitch and then turn around and buy their games. If you're upset over something, vote with your wallet or STFU. I did the same for CD's back in the day and many other issues. The only thing these companies understand is lost sales, not your whiny ass comments on a forum :rolleyes:

I cant really blame him, I am sort of sick of seeing people bitch and moan about how horrible EA is and still seeing pretty much every one of their games do relatively well. Obviously there are plenty of people who are happy with what EA is doing and I cant personally say I have ever been screwed by them. I may not like all their games but thats really more of a personal opinion issue than an EA totally sucks issue. So maybe its time for people to stfu and move on?

EA does suck, virtually every game they got their hands on has gotten worst. It might be a huge coincidence that the game sucks and has nothing to do with EA, but I seriously doubt that. It's hard for me to remember the last EA game I bought.

ME2? Though, I don't think if I count that as EA since most of it, if not all of it was done before EA really got their hands on Bioware.

I'm not saying don't get anything from them, if its good, its good. But I don't really expect much.

cliffyb can get fucked.

I loved Unreal, UT, and UT2004. Ut was kick-ass for mods. Skipped 2003, and that worked out real well for me. UT3 came out and wasn't well-received, as I recall. I missed out on that as well, since my computer couldn't handle it at the time. Got lucky.

I'll have to hit the Googles to see what CliffyB did to it. Guy seems to have grown into a major-league d-bag.

/Thinking about reinstalling UT2k4 now, have some fun with the redeemer again.

UT3 really wasn't all that bad. It just felt a little slow compared to UT2k4 (not to mention, at the time, performance was a little low for most machines). They released that huge Black Edition update for free, though, which was pretty cool.

at least they are not as bad as blizzard with their woeful battlenet and its over zealous security, dictatorship over your paypal account, diablo 3, and just how in general they are treating sc2.

cliffyB, go F yourself douche sellout :rolleyes:

I am a PC Gamer, consoles not my cup o tea. Epic was a killer developer back in the UT99 CTF days.

Mini micro-transactions in all EA games now, OK, then make the game FREE to start off with, not $59 at launch. Or at least make a brand new game only $19 or so, then I might be willing to spend a few bucks on extras. But if new games still gonna cost $60, plus on top of that mini transactions ? FUCK OFF and ROT

Last edited:
At least the CEO of ID at the time UT3 was out Todd Hollandsworth I think his name was remember when Quake 3 put put there crappy expansion? I sent a nice LONG email to ID complaining about it and I shit you not the CEO Todd H. emailed me back and basically said FU and the expansion was not crap in so many words. I was shocked you never see a CEO email you back directly I wish I would have kept that email my friends got major kicks out of reading it. Least he had balls, Cliffy B used to be about the fans now all about selling the next GOW game and getting custom choppers made for his games lol

I never understood the love for Gears of War :rolleyes:

I was a big Unreal 1 fan, fantastic single player game for it's day, and UT99 CTF is an all time classic. Ut2004 was cool too, introducing vehicle combat, was silly fun :)

But GoW was just lame, the view of behind the neck gameplay was a big turn off to me a PC Gamer, and the overall game, was just vanilla dumb shooter, and game play on a keyboard + mouse with GoW sucked. After that I thought Epic sold out. They even commented along the lines, of saying F you to us PC Gamers, they prefer the console crowd, because the money is there, which I understand, but fuck em anyways,

CliffB might as well inhale a large phallic device. We ain't never gonna stop bad mouthing EA.

Has Bobby Kotick been more quiet lately? It's almost like he has learned lately not to step on pooh publicly, while EA has been stomping all over trying to see how many they can piss off.

He has been quite. I don't know what happened with the lawsuit with Infinity Ward.

I don't think I've ever been mean to EA. I give them money when they make a good game. I withhold money when their games suck. Free market baby.

Any major event in the suit, such as settling it, would probably require them to file various papers with the SEC, so we'd know about it (if not immediately, so at least within a quarter).

More likely it's just the usual glacial speed of the court system in action.

Back