Cleveland Area: Large 1-topping Papa johns pizza 23 cents! HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
such a gorilla marketing campaign by papa johns, good for them, good for cleveland fans

yeah, Papa John's is kissing some serious ass right now after their little Lebron tshirt blow up.

crybaby-shirt1.png

Their pizza sucks anyway

Haha... best use of the HOT tag yet.

Wait, its Papa Johns; you better change it to [Slightly-warm/soggy].

manufactured pizzas are real good when ur totally hungry...and buzzed. Though I don't like PJs, I HATE Little Caesars more, alot more.

What, the crybaby can't take a little criticism?

I've never had a PJ pizza. I guess if I lived in Cleveland this would be reason to try them out.

screw clevelend and lebron james.

edit: 3rd year weve been eliminatd by them :(

That's right! So who's crying now?
The babies in DC.

If the Wizard players were getting fouled like he was, they'd demand a Congressional inquiry into why the offenders weren't called for them. The one to the groin didn't make you grimace? Guess not if you don't have any stones.

For the record, I grew up and lived in DC most of my life.
I loved the old Bullets and Abe Pollin but I live in Cleveland now.
LeBron is a good, decent guy who does a lot for his community, much of it without any press and praise.

As for the deal...no thanks! I have no desire to ingest PJ pizza when we have Dewey's and Morrotto's a few blocks away. Thanks to Cinncy for sending us Dewey's...awesome pizza and salads.

i LOOOOOVE papa johns.

their regular crust pie with italian sausage, mushrooms and jalapenos is a little slice of heaven...

beats the shit out of pizza hut / dominos / little ceasars

btw, they have 99 cent 1 toppings pizzas on wednesdays if you go to UTSA (in san antonio)

Papa John's isn't that great. But for 23 cents, I'm in. :D

Disagree big time. I love their Hawaiian BBQ Chicken pizza, or a thin crust with Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Chicken, Jalepenos, and Mushrooms. Mmmmmm. And cheap too.

Eh, I guess when you are spoiled and don't have to resort to big pizza chains, you think otherwise.

you want a big-chain pizza you get rosatis...

but for cheap, its hard to beat that little ceaser hot and shitty deal for $5. i had it a week ago, im still alive and it actually was good a hell that day. i was really hungry too though

i no longer like any of those cheap pizza places
bought a large pepperoni from Dominoes recently and it looked like they poured a bucket of grease on it so I now promised myself I'll ever buy one again from any of them

I agree. I'm tired of big name pizza. The quality is going way down. Though, Papa Johns & East of Chicago have to be the two best big name places. This is one of the few times I wished I lived in Cleveland instead of Columbus :p

There's a little local place about 100mi from me ran by a Italian family. Talk about real pizza with real flavor. Wow!

GO CAVS TONIGHT IN GAME 1!!!!

dominos pizza. 5-5-5 deal. 2:30 am. after drinking all nite.

BEST.PIZZA.EVAR.

dominos pizza. 5-5-5 deal. 2:30 am. after drinking all nite.

BEST.PIZZA.EVAR.

It's good if you like stuff that sucks. Domino's is fucking awful. Maybe the drinking all night part is key. The same way that fat/ugly girl starts to look good.

He did make the drinking qualifier. At 2:30am, you're starving and nothing is open. You'll eat anything. Cops should really start doing DUI traps at Taco Bell and Dominos durring the wee hours of the weekends.

i would still attempt a domino pizza over a pizza hut one though.. well at least around here. pizza hut is rat turds

manufactured pizzas are real good when ur totally hungry...and buzzed. Though I don't like PJs, I HATE Little Caesars more, alot more.

What do you mean manufactured, out of curiosity? I worked for a Papa Johns a few years ago as a driver and at that time, all of their pizzas were hand tossed with fresh toppings. Has something changed (I haven't had a pizza since I left that job) or am I not understanding what you meant?

What do you mean manufactured, out of curiosity? I worked for a Papa Johns a few years ago as a driver and at that time, all of their pizzas were hand tossed with fresh toppings. Has something changed (I haven't had a pizza since I left that job) or am I not understanding what you meant?

The only pizzas that should really be manufactured would be the majority of the frozen ones such as Tombstone, Jack's, Palermo, etc.

Why do you hate little caesars? I used to work there a few years back and everything was hand made out of scratch, even the dough. Good stuff...

It's good if you like stuff that sucks. Domino's is fucking awful. Maybe the drinking all night part is key. The same way that fat/ugly girl starts to look good.

first of all, the stuff tastes pretty decent. i like papa johns more, but for 5 bucks, its good pizza.

2ndly, at 2:30 no where else in blacksburg delivered for 15 bucks

Why do you hate little caesars? I used to work there a few years back and everything was hand made out of scratch, even the dough. Good stuff...

The Little Caesar's business model has gone abruptly downhill over the last several years. Seems like all they do at least around here is their "Hot-n-Ready" pizza which sits around and offers no ability to customize. I personally like it but would place it on a pretty low tier compared to other choices.

The Little Caesar's business model has gone abruptly downhill over the last several years. Seems like all they do at least around here is their "Hot-n-Ready" pizza which sits around and offers no ability to customize. I personally like it but would place it on a pretty low tier compared to other choices.
Papa John's around here have something similar, but for $6.99 large with one choice of topping. It was $5.99 originally for cheese or pepperoni choices only, ready to go. Since I would probably just order pepperoni anyways, I liked it better when it was $1 cheaper. ;)

Heh, I wish this was here in Michigan, this would be the only day I would be nice and buy the entire office free lunch, lmao.

manufactured like an automotive style assembly line. THey make a dozen pizzas and keep them on a warmer. Many traditional style pizza restaurants make pizza on the order, not the other way around.

I've heard they add peperoni to sitting cheese pizza's. They just throw in back in the cyclic oven for a minute and viola, instant peperoni pizza. yay!

23 cents? you guys sure?

"The report also said Papa John’s will donate those 23 cents from every pizza - plus $10,000 - to the Cavaliers Youth Fund."

I don't see any "deal" here... :(

their sauce taste real tangy...too tangy for my taste. Not sure if the question was directed at me. I am a New York Native living in Chicago and though there's a certain competitiveness between the two, you certainly cant compare local style pizzerias with LCs or Dominos.

My parents owned a couple of pizza parlors in their time and I learned quite a bit in my early years.

23 cents? you guys sure?

"The report also said Papa John’s will donate those 23 cents from every pizza - plus $10,000 - to the Cavaliers Youth Fund."

apparently saving face is important

23 cents? you guys sure?

2 paragraphs up from your quote:

"To make up for it, the company will sell customers in its Cleveland-area restaurants a large one-topping pie for 23 cents, the report said."

manufactured like an automotive style assembly line. THey make a dozen pizzas and keep them on a warmer. Many traditional style pizza restaurants make pizza on the order, not the other way around.

I've heard they add peperoni to sitting cheese pizza's. They just throw in back in the cyclic oven for a minute and viola, instant peperoni pizza. yay!

At Pizza Hut the dough comes in frozen, then it's stuck on a greased pan. Anything Pan style(breadsitcks, pan pizzas etc.) is put into a proofer to let the dough rise. The handtossed is allowed to thaw, then the chefs make the pizzas fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back