Clearning the neverending backlog - What game next?

What game next?

• Secret of Monkey Island SE

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Eternal Darkness (GC)

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Persona 3 FE (PS2)

• Wolvering Uncaged Edition (PC)

• Crysis Warhead

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Red Faction Guerilla (PC)

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Devil May Cry 4 (PC)

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Prince of Persia (2008 PC)

Votes: 17 13.9%

• Total voters

pigwalk

[H]F Junkie
I'm sure with all the Steam and Target clearance deals I'm not the only one with this problem right now. In fact I think I made this same thread a few months ago, with different games! Same story, finally finished off GTA4 PC (loved the world and story btw) and there's a whole backlog of games I've been buying while playing it. Whats next?

I went with Prince of Persia. I remember playing the one that came out a year or 2 ago and it was very fluid and fun.

Beat eternal darkness next. Youre supposed to beat it 3 times. Not replayable I mean its actually in the plot you can beat it three times in three different ways for the final ending. You should be able to kill it in a day or 2.

Is DMC4 anywhere near as hard as DMC3? I actually haven't beaten DMC3 either, should I be doing that before DMC4? Does the story really matter?

I just finished PoP 2008 and I liked it, visuals/story/voicework is top notch :)

Is DMC4 anywhere near as hard as DMC3? I actually haven't beaten DMC3 either, should I be doing that before DMC4? Does the story really matter?

What story... :rolleyes:

I didn't play DMC3, but there's quite a range of difficulty levels in DMC4. There's also extra features in the PC version.

I voted Wolverine: Uncaged Edition, it's short and sweet, pretty easy to beat. Took it out in a couple of nights.

I can't pick just one but I would narrow it down to Crysis, Wolverine, and Devil May Cry.

Secret of Monkey Island SE (the remake) is a really well made remake, they've added the newer voices to the old text which is a bit awkward at times but generally works well. The new graphics really make it look nicer even if the animations are a bit dodgy at times.

It wont take you long to complete and its cheap, so you'll shorten your list of games quickly and can move on to something else quickly.

I'm getting Eternal Darkness out of the way first, just to get up and off the PC for a bit. then go at it by vote order, thanks guys!

I voted Crysis Warhead - only one on your list that I would actually play. I've played through it 3 or 4 times now - it's a ton of fun with cheats! :D

DMC4 is a really pretty game, and I like to watch other people play it, but I couldn't stand playing it myself.

Beat eternal darkness next. Youre supposed to beat it 3 times. Not replayable I mean its actually in the plot you can beat it three times in three different ways for the final ending. You should be able to kill it in a day or 2.

I got the Sequel Insanity effect lol, this game definitely is something different.

I would say go with Crysis Warhead or Prince of Persia. Prince of Persia's cel-shaded look is pretty sweet and the gameplay was fun, but a bit repetitive at times.

I have not played Warhead, but I have a couple friends that have and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommended from them.

Had it for years, I've never gotten deep into it, but I'll load it up now again. Bought another copy for my second steam acount, for when friends come over!

RF: G is very fun but kinda repetitive.

PoP has pretty visuals but extremely repetitive, like all those other crappy games from crappy Ubisoft.

The other PC games are alright. Can't speak for consoles since I don't care about getting one.

I voted Crysis Warhead, great game. Add mods, to make it better =)

I'd recommend Borderlands, as that's what I'm addicted to right now.

I voted Crysis Warhead - only one on your list that I would actually play. I've played through it 3 or 4 times now - it's a ton of fun with cheats! :D

DMC4 is a really pretty game, and I like to watch other people play it, but I couldn't stand playing it myself.

^^ this is so true for myself too :eek:

I voted crysis warhead because it'll be a quick one to scratch off the list. lol

i picked RFG.. only because i dont care for the other games.. and especially the insanely short and boring crysis warhead..

I just played and finished crysis warhead and it was just so god damn spectacular!

It seriously makes you realize how much consoles restrict the development of PC games which push our current hardware. Brings a tear to my eye knowing that we are unlikely to get anymore games like this until the next generation of consoles.

Despite all the negative aspects of the game, both crysis and warhead were seriously ahead of their time.

Know what? Prince of Persia was way surprisingly good. And beautiful. I rented it on the XBox on a whim and now that I've gone all the way through it I'm really glad I did. In fact, not one of my friends who supposedly love platformers played it and I think they're missing out.

Finished off Eternal Darkness today, 12 hours, took about a 2 weeks (just to note my appx gaming pace). Into Crysis WH today. Doesn't look nearly as good as the original imo (maybe i'm being pick) but the gameplay is just as good. Seems like you spend less time solo too.

Secret of Monkey Island SE. Start with the oldest and work towards the newest is how I try to do it.

Update. Warhead done, PoP done. Playing DMC4 now (and it's exactly like DMC1 which is a GOOD thing). Add Mass Effect, Far Cry 2 and Resident Evil 5 to the list.

Also lots of games of Demigod and L4D2 to slow things down. Lots of Titan Quest at work (can pause easily, little to no narrative, can be played with the volume off).

I'm never going to catch up....

Xfire clocked me at 16 hours (there were a few 30min, 1hr pauses here and there). I started it once a few months back, didn't play much and just restarted. The game is gorgeous, art design is amazing, especially the environments. The relationship between the Prince and Elika (princess) takes a LONG time to develop, but by the time the game is closing up I adored them. Gameplay was extremely simple. Nothing gets too frustrating since you can't die. Combat was pretty meh, I didn't really get the hang of it until the end of the game.

First 4-5 hours were really fun, just soaking up the environments after they were healed. By the midpoint the game kind of dragged. Especially when I didn't have enough orbs to continue and had to backtrack. The last 3-4 hours were fun again, and I loved the way they ended it. I'm curious as to how the Epilogue DLC ties in, but I think anything on top of the vanilla ending would just spoil it.

Worth 50 bucks? Fuck no! Worth 20? Debatable. I paid about 11 shipped, I feel like I got my moneys worth.

Back