Clearing my name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingerXI

Gawd
A seller named mope54 was selling a G3258 in the For Sale thread. I reached out to him and asked if he had the heat sink and fan. He said 'yes", I said how much for the chip and heat sink shipped to Virginia if I pay non-CC PayPal (NOT ONCE DID I EVER SAY I would send it as a gift or with no fees). Apparently the guy doesn't know the terminology, as he refunded my $50 saying he wanted it with no fees. Sorry, I don't feel comfortable with that, and you aren't allowed to ask for that.

So I reached back out to him. OK, well is the chip still $45 shipped if I send it to you non-CC PayPal. He says "yes".

Once again, I NEVER mentioned paying by gift or that there would be no fees. And I was even nice enough to send him $45.50 to cover most of the PayPal fees, but we NEVER discussed doing this. I was being a nice guy. Check out my heatware (kingerxi, 245-0-0), and figure out who is the more experienced trader and who understands the lingo.

So then he reimburses me everything but $0.60. So he jerks me around twice, and then I lose $0.60 on the deal. The guy is clueless and clearly doesn't understand the terminology.

I will cancel the dispute... I only asked to dispute the $0.60. I don't want the guy's PayPal account frozen over 60 cents.

But I wanted to be on the record that he is a dolt and is completely at fault in this situation. I just wanted to clear the air since some other members seemed to believe him, and mope54 locked the thread before I could defend my honor.

Thank you!

Follow-up: I canceled the PayPal dispute.

Last edited:
Ok, this makes sense. Definitely sounds like mope didn't understand what you were offering. Overall, a sour deal.

I just want to say that KingerXI is a total pro and a top-notch buyer of the highest caliber (I sold to him recently although I haven't heard anything since shipping).

Sorry KingerXI that you had a bad experience. I'll vouch for you any day (not that my puny heatware counts for anything versus your extensive heatware).

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by KingerXI
I am interested in the chip. Does it come with the stock heat sink? Is your price shipped? I live in Virginia and can pay non-CC PayPal.

Heat is very good = kingerxi

Thank you

Originally Posted by mope54
I have the stock heat sink and fan, and they're unused, but they won't fit into a small one-rate priority box.

I can ship the complete retail box (with the heat sink and fan and paperwork) to you for $5 bucks standard post and it'll get there by Monday, though.

Sorry for all the additional questions. Do you still have the Z97/Z87 PC Mate mobo for sale? Does the stock heat sink have a copper core? If so, I will take it for the extra $5. If not, I will take the G3258 by itself for $45. Let me know, and thank you.

The stock heatsink has a copper core.

My paypal is

OK, sending the money now.

Hi, when I offered to mail it for $5 dollars that was based on you telling me you were going to send the money fee free. I sent you a full refund and just paid the paypal fees out of my account. If you'd like to resend the money the CPU is still yours first, but I need $50 dollars in my account to cover the shipping and cost of the CPU so you can either send me the money fee free or send me $52 dollars.

Is it $45 regular non-CC PayPal for the chip by itself?

Sorry for the confusion, it's $45 for the chip and then $7 to ship but I knocked a couple bucks off because I thought you were going to send it without fees. I didn't check how much it would be for the bare chip but that's probably still around $5 bucks with tracking and insurance.

If you use a padded envelope, I think it is more like $3.50. I always tape two pieces of cardboard around the chip and clam shell to give it further protection when I ship in a padded envelope. And I put tape on the clam shell. I will send you the $45 now.

I will cancel the dispute, but you are completely wrong. NOT ONCE did I ever say that I would send it to you as a gift or with no fees. I said I would send it non-CC PayPal. That means NON-CREDIT CARD PayPal, which is pulled directly from my checking account. So there are no credit card fees, but there are still PayPal fees. The only way to avoid all fees is to send it as a gift, and I NEVER said that.

ANYONE who buys/sells on these threads with any regularity should know this. I was even nice enough to send you an extra $0.50 to cover some of the PayPal fees. Mind you, I NEVER SAID you wouldn't pay any PayPal fees. You assumed that because you don't know the terminology. I am sorry that you are ignorant to the terminology, but don't trash me on the threads for YOUR MISTAKE. I will eat the $0.60 and will post on the Tricks and Trolls section to clear my name. You sir are an idiot.

He originally sent me $50 dollars. I refunded the amount in full and told him I misunderstood his "non-CC paypal payment" as an offer to cover the fees. He can call me an idiot and a number of other choice words but the fact of the matter is I've been here over a decade with excellent heat and never heard anyone make that distinction if they weren't offering to cover fees. But regardless, whatever the confusion might have been after the first payment that doesn't explain why, after I gave him a *full* refund, he then sent me even less money the second time.

$45.50 doesn't cover the $7 dollars to ship the whole box, it doesn't cover the $5 dollars I told him it'd be to send the bare chip itself, and it doesn't even cover the $3.50 he told me he thought the shipping should be so I'm not sure where he comes up with $45.50 being a generous amount.

I also don't see where in my responses I asked him to cover the paypal fees. I simply explained that I misunderstood that I thought he was offering to cover them and that my shipping quote was based on that assumption.

The simple fact of the matter is the shipping quote comes from USPS. I don't make it and it's not negotiable. I have never had a transaction where the buyer or seller asks for a shipped price, receives a shipped quote, and then simply ignores it and replies, "no, I think it should be x.xx" and then sends whatever he feels like.

This isn't a case of me not understanding what was being offered. I set a price for the processor, $45, and then the buyer is responsible for shipping costs. If someone feels like they want to offer less for the merchandise that's their prerogative, but I don't have to accept it and I certainly shouldn't be eating multiple refund costs because someone is sending money to me that I didn't agree to accept.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for documenting I was right. You told me it would cost $5 to ship the cooler, and I sent you $50 by non-CC PayPal, just as we discussed. You refunded it for some strange reason, and then you continued to jerk me around after I sent the funds to you the 2nd time. My advice for you in the future is to list the item for a price + shipping if that is what you expect. It has been a frustrating experience dealing with you!

The strange reason was explained in the PM's.

There was no jerking around. I simply refunded your payment in full--no loss to you, not even a single penny.

The second payment you sent didn't even bother attempting to cover any shipping at all.

I took that as an insult and again refunded you in full except for the non-refundable paypal transaction fee.

If I explain to you that shipping is anywhere between $5 dollars and $7 dollars how do you post in here that you're justified in sending me $.50 cents over my asking price?

I really thought it was just mopes posting that earned him my ignore list but it is obviously more than just his attitude in threads. I have pretty low heat but would never have thought he was that bad of a seller.
I have the stock heat sink and fan, and they're unused, but they won't fit into a small one-rate priority box.

I can ship the complete retail box (with the heat sink and fan and paperwork) to you for $5 bucks standard post and it'll get there by Monday, though.
Simple math bud $45 + $5 = $50 He sent you. You are not allowed by paypals terms of service to request it as a gift. Kinger is completely in the right and you should be telling him you are sorry for wasting his time not sounding like he wronged you in any way.

This sounds like it was a misunderstanding on both sides... Neither of you were trying to scam each other so what's the big deal?

I've had a seller do the same crap to me, give me a price "shipped" and then later tell me that they meant that number was the amount of money they wanted to see in their account. That's bullshit, and needless to say, that's the last time I'd deal with a person after being told something like that if they couldn't be upfront about it in the first PM. If someone's so cheap that they can't bear to see a couple dollars taken off their received payment despite knowing it's gonna happen, they should just use a fee-less system like Google wallet in the first place.
And, if I remember correctly, paying with a credit card doesn't incur additional charges on the seller (recipient), it actually charges the BUYER, compared to no fees for funding the payment via linked bank account. So I don't see how anyone could make the distinction that paying "non-CC" could mean fee-less for the seller.

Last edited:
I really thought it was just mopes posting that earned him my ignore list but it is obviously more than just his attitude in threads. I have pretty low heat but would never have thought he was that bad of a seller.

Simple math bud $45 + $5 = $50 He sent you. You are not allowed by paypals terms of service to request it as a gift. Kinger is completely in the right and you should be telling him you are sorry for wasting his time not sounding like he wronged you in any way.

Totally agree, KingerXI is clearly in the right. KingerXI and I had zero problems with our recent transaction.

100%This. Kinger is a Solid Dude, have traded with him before with no issues. unfortunate it worked out like this.

This is an example of where communication is key..get the details worked out before any money is sent....in any event, it seems to be just a simple misunderstanding.....move on and learn from it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back