Cleaning the bloat from Windows 10

Does the OP in this thread have everything? Has all the bloat been removed? I dont suppose there a way to make an install ISO without the bloat and just install that from scratch? I just wanna be bloat free from a clean install or will that break windows?
OP hasn't been around, don't know why

No way to know for sure, when TH_2 Release drops in Oct I read one place it was going to be 3GB, if so that's like a complete reinstall and will wipe most everything.
Wait and see approach right now.

There are methods to do a Block by Default firewall approach including Windows Update but to me its too early in the game since we will see a few major updates over next few months where they may improve a few things.

I finally got fed up with weather being off by 7 degrees so I uninstalled all MS Apps and Store and using W10Privacy and some extra firewall rules

kinda easier to install and customize arch then get rid of windows bloat....:rolleyes:

kinda easier to install and customize arch then get rid of windows bloat....:rolleyes:
Can't play any of the latest good games on arch now can we? :(
99.999% of people will go to work somewhere and the OS used in those work places is what? If you the 1% that can make it and you want the higher paying jobs you better know that inside and out. If you got a silver spoon in your mouth then yeah maybe you don't need that

Not that hard at all
Uninstall cortana and search2 then rest of this entire post with one app right now. Can be done with 1 script if you into that. I can do it but I just choose easier.

99.999% of people will go to work somewhere and the OS used in those work places is what? If you the 1% that can make it and you want the higher paying jobs you better know that inside and out. If you got a silver spoon in your mouth then yeah maybe you don't need that

Not that hard at all
Uninstall cortana and search2 then rest of this entire post with one app right now. Can be done with 1 script if you into that. I can do it but I just choose easier.

well i guess you didnt get the point. I really dont see any sense to pay for an not exactly cheap OS and then have to go thru all the hassle to get rid of the bloat. Then have to install drivers and buy again mountains of software to keep it clean and running. Not to mention that i have to upgrade my hardware all the time because of bloat.
Doesnt make much more sense than offering an OS ourdays that doesnt even have an GUI installer (well at least i dont have to pay for it, so i cant complain).
For something that i have to pay for, i simply expect way more than MS is offering.

And by the way im not born as a rich baby with a silverspoon in my mouth. :eek:
well getting of topic here...sorry about that.

Not that hard at all

Windows can be reserved solely for games. I have it in every gaming box we have in our house.

My company has a total 'no windows' policy by the way so not everyone needs to use windows computers at work. We only have virtualised windows for cases where it has to be used. Virtualised windows has proven to be extremely helpful as you can roll back to a fresh image in a second or so.

My company has a total 'no windows' policy by the way so not everyone needs to use windows computers at work. We only have virtualised windows for cases where it has to be used. Virtualised windows has proven to be extremely helpful as you can roll back to a fresh image in a second or so.

That's rot exactly a total 'no windows' policy.

well i guess you didnt get the point. I really dont see any sense to pay for an not exactly cheap OS and then have to go thru all the hassle to get rid of the bloat. Then have to install drivers and buy again mountains of software to keep it clean and running. Not to mention that i have to upgrade my hardware all the time because of bloat.
Doesnt make much more sense than offering an OS ourdays that doesnt even have an GUI installer (well at least i dont have to pay for it, so i cant complain).
For something that i have to pay for, i simply expect way more than MS is offering.

And by the way im not born as a rich baby with a silverspoon in my mouth. :eek:
well getting of topic here...sorry about that.

Now I'm not a fanboy of this W10,
I upgraded because I'm getting 35 ping on WoWs and WoT where I was getting 75 on W7
Hated to see this and what they are doing because I would pay for the OS gladly if we are given the option of opting out of this BS and make it easy to do. But to keep on top so I make more money than a whole bunch of people in my plant I need to know whats going on because as I said, Windows is the dominate OS at work and will be for a long time. Crap we still have machines running Dos, but I'm there and know what to do

It takes 5 minutes maybe to clean it.The program to clean it is totally Free unless you want to donate to the developer. W10 updates itself and you don't do anything except I delay it for awhile. I spent nothing on this upgrade from Win 7 except I did donate 10 to the developer of Windows Firewall Control cause I just wanted the extra things it does by doing that.

Now that's funny, finally got him to admit he has windows for gaming, because Linux can't do it. :D

Eh? I have said repeatedly I use windows solely for gaming. It's pretty much all it's good for. Weak troll attempt.

First I wanted to say thx for all the tips in this thread.

The powershell command to try when having deleted the store btw. doesn't work, but if you have done so (like me) , there still is a way to get it back:

https://superuser.com/questions/949112/restore-microsoft-store-application-in-windows-10

I probably don't need to explain this for most, but for those who don't know, you can find (almost?) all files in the file "install.wim" in the "sources" folder of the mounted windows image. It has the same structure as the windows installation on your hd, and you can extract files from it with one of the newer versions of 7zip (newest current version is something like 15.xx) . When conducting the commands mentioned in the thread linked above, you may need to adjust folder-names, I i. e. had newer versions and also localized files in my windows image. If you do everything right, the store will work again though, so this 100% works.

Hth.

Eh? I have said repeatedly I use windows solely for gaming. It's pretty much all it's good for. Weak troll attempt.
troll? you the troll hangin around Windows discussions. why don't you go play in linux for losers land.
Haven't you figured it out, nobody discussing this wants to hear what you have to say

Tyvm for the original post. Gonna burn this file onto my Win 10 disc for the future.

It seems that not even Enterprise edition is free from being able to disable telemetry though despite a fast google saying I should be able to.

How many workstations do you support?

I or we don't support workstations. We use computers for work, nobody's job is to support them lol. If you mean how many tools we have that happen to be called computers, the amount is around 25 currently, servers included.

We're quite happy to concentrate on doing our jobs instead of having to think about the OS or computers in general.

troll? you the troll hangin around Windows discussions. why don't you go play in linux for losers land.
Haven't you figured it out, nobody discussing this wants to hear what you have to say

Yeah obviously I'm the loser as I'm regularly using windows, osx and linux for the purposes they suit best. You with your microsoft limited solution is clearly superior.

NOT.

I or we don't support workstations. We use computers for work, nobody's job is to support them lol. If you mean how many tools we have that happen to be called computers, the amount is around 25 currently, servers included.

We're quite happy to concentrate on doing our jobs instead of having to think about the OS or computers in general.

When you say "your company" do you mean a company you work for or something out of your house that you call a company? How many people use these "tools"? You made it sound like you work for something but but the more I read the more it sounds like you just have a hypervisor running some vms and your company is just a hobby thing.

^^ was going to say, my old job i supported about 83 Windows computers all WIndows 7 with a few Windows 8.1) and guess what, they all ran flawlessly, because i knew what i was doing, that doesn't count our production customer facing side that runs pretty much all windows except for proxies and nginx webservers (doing cache for IIS app servers)

Using and maintaining are 2 differnt things. Guess what broke windows most of the time? Clueless "users" doing shit they should not be or trying to get around things they were not supposed to be doing. Or crappy drivers.......

When you say "your company" do you mean a company you work for or something out of your house that you call a company? How many people use these "tools"? You made it sound like you work for something but but the more I read the more it sounds like you just have a hypervisor running some vms and your company is just a hobby thing.

Yes it's a million dollar hobby for me. You'd be impressed if you heard what I do for a real job.

^^ was going to say, my old job i supported about 83 Windows computers all WIndows 7 with a few Windows 8.1) and guess what, they all ran flawlessly, because i knew what i was doing, that doesn't count our production customer facing side that runs pretty much all windows except for proxies and nginx webservers (doing cache for IIS app servers)

Using and maintaining are 2 differnt things. Guess what broke windows most of the time? Clueless "users" doing shit they should not be or trying to get around things they were not supposed to be doing. Or crappy drivers.......

Heh it's easy to 'support' a bunch of windows workstations that are so locked down that nobody can use them for anything but running Word and Excel :D

Heh it's easy to 'support' a bunch of windows workstations that are so locked down that nobody can use them for anything but running Word and Excel :D

In any environment that has to maintain a certain level of security, typical end users should never be able to install random software, no matter the OS, virtualized or not. In our environment, we have a self-service web site that allows end users to install approved apps, drivers for database connectivity, etc.

In any environment that has to maintain a certain level of security, typical end users should never be able to install random software, no matter the OS, virtualized or not. In our environment, we have a self-service web site that allows end users to install approved apps, drivers for database connectivity, etc.

Yes this is how things usually are. Most end-users absolutely hate their workstations and the red tape required to have anything done. This is understandable knowing the gazillion threats that are active for Windows workstations and the end users tendency to install stuff they're not supposed to.

On the flip side it causes irritating delays when a department purchases software and then they have to fight internally with the IT to have it installed. In worst cases it has taken uo to two months to have a prepackaged version ready for distribution with the required firewall configurations lol. The end-users are steaming with ... joy.

On the flip side it causes irritating delays when a department purchases software and then they have to fight internally with the IT to have it installed. In worst cases it has taken uo to two months to have a prepackaged version ready for distribution with the required firewall configurations lol. The end-users are steaming with ... joy.

That's just a crappy IT department. I work at a mega bank with one of the largest Windows deployments in the world and if you have a true business need and budget, getting software isn't a problem. But be it Windows, Linux or whatever, typical users just don't go around installing software.

We have a lot of Linux servers, and they have as much need for security updates as Windows. A lot of that does come from 3rd party stuff like WebSphere.

That's just a crappy IT department.

More like large organization and internal politics. Just last month one of my projects was almost stalled when the IT department found out that a section had made a purchase sidelining them.

The section knew that if they wanted to make the purchase through IT it would take a lot longer and they'd end up having to use a previously purchased lesser solution. More and more users are seeing the IT as an internal enemy more than support.

More like large organization and internal politics. Just last month one of my projects was almost stalled when the IT department found out that a section had made a purchase sidelining them.

The section knew that if they wanted to make the purchase through IT it would take a lot longer and they'd end up having to use a previously purchased lesser solution. More and more users are seeing the IT as an internal enemy more than support.

Being in IT this is usually because companies and other departments go around doing things with out first consulting I.T, then when they get what they ordered it does not work and is dumped on I.T as needed ASAP!!!!

Good I.T works with the business to make it function better like any department, but yes some I.T departments think more about what "they" want to do...

If your company has I.T that would get a lesser solution, perhaps who ever was trying to sell I.T on it..wasn't doing a very good use case on why the company needs it.

But also with that pending on the requirements, I.T has no say in what a department may need to do their job...just merely input on if it will work or not.

Anyone ever figure out how to tweak how the Universal apps show up in your Start Menu?
I'd love to rename them, sort them, dump them in a folder, etc.
I don't even need to get rid of them, I'd just like to have some control over where their shortcuts are.

Anyone ever figure out how to tweak how the Universal apps show up in your Start Menu?
I'd love to rename them, sort them, dump them in a folder, etc.
I don't even need to get rid of them, I'd just like to have some control over where their shortcuts are.
Some of those like candy crush, iheartradio you can just unpin and they disappear. No where on the all apps. Go to store I guess to get back
Searching file contents you will find only reference to these embedded in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\INetCache. They are located in .json file's

Your Start Menu is here C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Some of the Universal are located in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages
But don't know how the shortcuts appear yet, still looking into that

A fantastic all in one script which will make a lot of changes that are individually mentioned here, Thanks to D4rkn3ss for this great find.

Updated to v1.7

Code:
@ECHO OFF
COLOR 1F
SET V=1.7
TITLE Windows 10 TNBT: The Next Big Tweak v%V% (x64)
ECHO #########################################################
ECHO #                                                       #
ECHO #  WINDOWS 10 BUILD 10240 X64 TNBT: THE NEXT BIG TWEAK  #
ECHO #  CURRENT REVISION: %V%                                #
ECHO #  AUTHOR: SEBASTIAN KOEHLING                           #

REM ======================= Registry tweaks =======================
ECHO.
:regstart
set /p registry="Apply registry tweaks? y/n: "
if '%registry%' == 'n' goto servstart
if /i "%registry%" neq "y" goto regstart

:reg0start
set /p reg0="Replace Utilman with CMD? y/n: "
if '%reg0%' == 'n' goto reg1start
if /i "%reg0%" neq "y" goto reg0start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\utilman.exe" /v "Debugger" /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe" /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg1start
set /p reg1="Disable Quick Access as default view in Explorer? y/n: "
if '%reg1%' == 'n' goto reg2start
if /i "%reg1%" neq "y" goto reg1start
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /f /v "LaunchTo" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 > NUL 2>&1

:reg2start
set /p reg2="Show computer shortcut on desktop? y/n: "
if '%reg2%' == 'n' goto reg3start
if /i "%reg2%" neq "y" goto reg2start
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg3start
set /p reg3="Show file extensions? y/n: "
if '%reg3%' == 'n' goto reg4start
if /i "%reg3%" neq "y" goto reg3start
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "HideFileExt" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg4start
set /p reg4="Disable lockscreen? y/n: "
if '%reg4%' == 'n' goto reg5start
if /i "%reg4%" neq "y" goto reg4start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization" /v "NoLockScreen" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg5start
set /p reg5="Enable classic control panel view? y/n: "
if '%reg5%' == 'n' goto reg6start
if /i "%reg5%" neq "y" goto reg5start
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ForceClassicControlPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg6start
set /p reg6="Hide indication for compressed NTFS files? y/n: "
if '%reg6%' == 'n' goto reg7start
if /i "%reg6%" neq "y" goto reg6start
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "ShowCompColor" /t RED_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg7start
set /p reg7="Disable Windows Update sharing? y/n: "
if '%reg7%' == 'n' goto reg8start
if /i "%reg7%" neq "y" goto reg7start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config" /v "DownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg8start
set /p reg8="Remove Pin to start? y/n: "
if '%reg8%' == 'n' goto reg9start
if /i "%reg8%" neq "y" goto reg8start
reg delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\PintoStartScreen" /f > NUL 2>&1
reg delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\PintoStartScreen" /f > NUL 2>&1
reg delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mscfile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\PintoStartScreen" /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg9start
set /p reg9="Classic vertical icon spacing? y/n: "
if '%reg9%' == 'n' goto reg10start
if /i "%reg9%" neq "y" goto reg9start
reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /v "IconVerticalSpacing" /t REG_SZ /d "-1150" /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg10start
set /p reg10="Remove versioning tab from properties? y/n: "
if '%reg10%' == 'n' goto reg11start
if /i "%reg10%" neq "y" goto reg10start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v NoPreviousVersionsPage /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg11start
set /p reg11="Disable jump lists? y/n: "
if '%reg11%' == 'n' goto reg12start
if /i "%reg11%" neq "y" goto reg11start
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "Start_TrackDocs" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg12start
set /p reg12="Remove telemetry and data collection? y/n: "
if '%reg12%' == 'n' goto reg13start
if /i "%reg12%" neq "y" goto reg12start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Device Metadata" /v PreventDeviceMetadataFromNetwork /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MRT" /v DontOfferThroughWUAU /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows" /v "CEIPEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "AITEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "DisableUAR" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\amd64_microsoft-windows-c..lemetry.lib.cortana_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_40ba2ec3d03bceb0" /v "f!dss-winrt-telemetry.js" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\amd64_microsoft-windows-c..lemetry.lib.cortana_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_40ba2ec3d03bceb0" /v "f!proactive-telemetry.js" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\amd64_microsoft-windows-c..lemetry.lib.cortana_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_40ba2ec3d03bceb0" /v "f!proactive-telemetry-event_8ac43a41e5030538" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\amd64_microsoft-windows-c..lemetry.lib.cortana_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_40ba2ec3d03bceb0" /v "f!proactive-telemetry-inter_58073761d33f144b" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg13start
set /p reg13="Apply Internet Explorer 11 tweaks? y/n: "
if '%reg13%' == 'n' goto reg14start
if /i "%reg13%" neq "y" goto reg13start
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "DoNotTrack" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Search Page" /t REG_SZ /d "http://www.google.de" /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Start Page Redirect Cache" /t REG_SZ /d "http://www.google.de" /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "DisableFirstRunCustomize" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "RunOnceHasShown" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "RunOnceComplete" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "DisableFirstRunCustomize" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "RunOnceHasShown" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "RunOnceComplete" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "DisableFirstRunCustomize" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "RunOnceHasShown" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "RunOnceComplete" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg14start
set /p reg14="Disable Cortana, Bing Search and Searchbar? y/n: "
if '%reg14%' == 'n' goto reg15start
if /i "%reg14%" neq "y" goto reg14start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortana" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "CortanaEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "SearchboxTaskbarMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "BingSearchEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg15start
set /p reg15="Change Logon screen background with accent color? y/n: "
if '%reg15%' == 'n' goto reg16start
if /i "%reg15%" neq "y" goto reg15start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "DisableLogonBackgroundImage" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg16start
set /p reg16="Disable Windows Error Reporting? y/n: "
if '%reg16%' == 'n' goto reg17start
if /i "%reg16%" neq "y" goto reg16start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "Disabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg17start
set /p reg17="Disable automatic Windows Updates? y/n: "
if '%reg17%' == 'n' goto reg18start
if /i "%reg17%" neq "y" goto reg17start
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update" /v "AUOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f > NUL 2>&1

:reg18start
set /p reg18="Disable Hibernation? y/n: "
if '%reg18%' == 'n' goto servstart
if /i "%reg18%" neq "y" goto reg18start
reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /v "HiberbootEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL 2>&1

ECHO Done...

REM ======================= Removing services =======================
ECHO.
:servstart
set /p services="Apply services tweaks? y/n: "
if '%services%' == 'n' goto schedstart
if /i "%services%" neq "n" if /i "%services%" neq "y" goto servstart

:serv0start
set /p serv0="Disable tracking services? y/n: "
if '%serv0%' == 'n' goto serv1start
if /i "%serv0%" neq "y" goto serv0start
sc config DiagTrack start= disabled > NUL 2>&1
sc config diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service start= disabled > NUL 2>&1
sc config TrkWks start= disabled > NUL 2>&1
sc config WMPNetworkSvc start= disabled > NUL 2>&1

:serv1start
set /p serv1="Disable WAP Push Message Routing Service? y/n: "
if '%serv1%' == 'n' goto serv2start
if /i "%serv1%" neq "y" goto serv1start
sc config dmwappushservice start= disabled > NUL 2>&1

:serv2start
set /p serv2="Disable Windows Search? y/n: "
if '%serv2%' == 'n' goto serv3start
if /i "%serv2%" neq "y" goto serv2start
sc config WSearch start= disabled > NUL 2>&1
del "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb" /s > NUL 2>&1

:serv3start
set /p serv3="Disable Superfetch? y/n: "
if '%serv3%' == 'n' goto serv4start
if /i "%serv3%" neq "y" goto serv3start
sc config SysMain start= disabled > NUL 2>&1

:serv4start
set /p serv4="Disable Windows Defender? y/n: "
if '%serv4%' == 'n' goto schedstart
if /i "%serv4%" neq "y" goto serv4start
sc config WinDefend start= disabled > NUL 2>&1
sc config WdNisSvc start= disabled > NUL 2>&1
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Cache Maintenance" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Cleanup" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Verification" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
del "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\mpcache*" /s > NUL 2>&1

ECHO Done...

REM ======================= Removing scheduled tasks =======================
ECHO.
:schedstart
set /p schedules="Disable unnecessary scheduled tasks? y/n: "
if '%schedules%' == 'n' goto winappstart
if /i "%schedules%" neq "n" if /i "%schedules%" neq "y" goto schedstart

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\AppID\SmartScreenSpecific" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo" /Disable > NUL 2>&1
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting" /Disable > NUL 2>&1

ECHO Done...

REM ======================= Removing Windows default apps =======================
ECHO.
:winappstart
set /p winapps="Remove windows default apps? y/n: "
if '%winapps%' == 'n' goto odrivestart
if /i "%winapps%" neq "n" if /i "%winapps%" neq "y" goto winappstart

powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *soundrec* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *camera* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *office* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1
powershell "Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1

ECHO Done...

REM ======================= Disable / Remove OneDrive =======================
ECHO.
:odrivestart
set /p onedrive="Disable OneDrive? y/n: "
if '%onedrive%' == 'n' goto hoststart
if /i "%onedrive%" neq "y" goto odrivestart
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive" /v DisableFileSyncNGSC /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f > NUL 2>&1

ECHO Done...

REM ======================= Blocking Telemetry Servers =======================
ECHO.
:hoststart
set /p hostsblock="Block Windows telemetry servers? y/n: "
if '%hostsblock%' == 'n' goto finish
if /i "%hostsblock%" neq "n" if /i "%hostsblock%" neq "y" goto hoststart

copy "%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" "%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.bak" > NUL 2>&1
attrib -r "%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" > NUL 2>&1
FIND /C /I "vortex.data.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 vortex.data.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "vortex-win.data.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 vortex-win.data.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "oca.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 oca.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "watson.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 watson.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "watson.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 watson.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "redir.metaservices.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 redir.metaservices.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "choice.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 choice.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "choice.microsoft.com.nsatc.net" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 choice.microsoft.com.nsatc.net>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "df.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 df.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "services.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 services.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "sqm.df.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 sqm.df.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "watson.ppe.telemetry.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 watson.ppe.telemetry.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "telemetry.appex.bing.net" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 telemetry.appex.bing.net>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "telemetry.urs.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 telemetry.urs.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "telemetry.appex.bing.net:443" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 telemetry.appex.bing.net:443>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "settings-sandbox.data.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 settings-sandbox.data.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
FIND /C /I "vortex-sandbox.data.microsoft.com" %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 ECHO ^0.0.0.0 vortex-sandbox.data.microsoft.com>>%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
attrib +r "%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" > NUL 2>&1

:finish
CLS
ECHO #  WINDOWS 10 BUILD 10240 X64 TNBT: THE NEXT BIG TWEAK  #
ECHO #  CURRENT REVISION: %V%                                #
ECHO #  AUTHOR: SEBASTIAN KOEHLING                           #
ECHO.
ECHO Installation complete.
ECHO Press any key to exit.
PAUSE > NUL

Is there an update of this script for ver 1511 (November update)?

Not sure what has changed from the last time I did this but.. I got my new SSD, went and ran the commands listed in post one again, not all the commands, just the ones I did before. And now some of Windows 10 runs god awful slow.

Example, clicking inside the search bar, then going to the gear symbol, it takes a long while for that to load.

This is coming from a clean install

Things have been moving very fast in this area. Is there a single best utility/script to use? Or a single best developer?

Things have been moving very fast in this area. Is there a single best utility/script to use? Or a single best developer?
W10Privacy covers a lot of bases uninstall both User and System Apps and has the settings to block firewall, Tasks, Services, hosts along with common tweaks used by a lot

I wanted to bump this thread, as I want to do a clean install of Windows 10, Is there a more up to date script that works as good?

Back