Cleaning Hard Drive

Here are a few:

Find Junk Files This little package of tools isn't a "must have", but it can be useful at times. Be careful with it because it finds stuff you don't need to remove, like help files and logs to certain programs that won't run without those files. Regardless, it is nice...
...if you know what you are doing.

Empty Temp Folders 2.83 This one is easy to use, and clears temp folders quickly and easily. It is especially nice if you are one of those people who still use Internet Explorer. It's useful for everyone else, too. I use it a lot.

jv16 Power Tools This link is to the last freeware version of the program that doesn't time out, so get it while you can. jv16 is the best registry cleaner that I have ever used.
It is "must have" freeware. Get version 1.2.

Edit:
I almost forgot bc wipe. You've got to try it to believe it. bc wipe finds stuff that you never knew was there!

A good link for utilities. This page has AnalogX which is good for getting rid of unused dlls. Also, it has a link for IE Eradicator, and quite a few other useful pieces of freeware.

Here's an oft overlooked, but positively WONDERFUL tool when it comes to clearing up HD space on your hd:
http://www.werkema.com/software/spacemonger.html
Basically, what it does is scan in your file system, then represent to you graphically which directories and files are taking up the most space by showing those that use more space as being a larger size and those that use less as being smaller. Here's a sample image of how it works:
http://www.werkema.com/img/scrnshot/spacemonger.gif

This is no replacement for those tools that get rid of those old trash dlls that aren't being used anymore but weren't removed by installations and other similar junk, but it is of EXTREME help to me when I need space, especially when I need it in a hurry. One little tip, it can take a while on file systems with an extremely large number of files, but if you don't close it and hit refresh, it reloads almost instantly.

I probably find this most useful for find out which downloads are taking the most space so I can go ahead and delete/burn/whatever.

Back