Classics that HAVE to be played/replayed

markt435

Supreme [H]ardness
since I have an EeePC (and will have one for awhile), i've gone back to playing the classics. mainly because they'll run better ;)

anyway, i'm about to finish Doom and start on Doom 2. was thinking about playing Quake as well...hell ALL the id shooters are a good place to start. then we have system shock, deus ex, etc. i'll be honest and say i've never played some of these before. i've played Doom but never finished it, and same with the rest. guess i was just never able to sit down and really play these when i was a kid. Quake II i finished a long time ago but i might load it up again just for the hell of it.

anyone got any other suggestions? maybe i'll hit up some duke nukem 1 and 2 in dosbox haha

hmmm, i think i would have to vote for Fallout 1 and 2, Diablo 1 and 2, Starcraft, Half-Life, and always good are the NES and Arcade emulators.

hmmm, i think i would have to vote for Fallout 1 and 2, Diablo 1 and 2, Starcraft, Half-Life, and always good are the NES and Arcade emulators.

yeah fallout i've been meaning to play as well. i have diablo 2, starcraft and HL already. still haven't finished diablo 2 though. guess i have that game finishing anxiety disorder that was posted in the news section not too long ago lol.

Metal Gear Solid and Chrono Trigger.

Two examples of the most epic and immersive story telling I've ever experienced in a game.

how about aliens vs predator 1 and 2, original call of duty, undying, painkiller, Unreal 2, ... got bored found these in the closet... and having a blast replaying them.

anyone play Falcon 3.0? that was fun. wonder if i can get it to work with my gamepad in dosbox....

btw...redneck rampage is hilarious. i remember trying that in compusa one day a long time ago. :D

Knights of the Old Republic.... and I loved Dark Forces :D

But as for non Star Wars.... Starcraft is great fun, and definitely System Shock 2 and Deus Ex

I was listening to the duke nukem music earlier today, by megadeath, and I want to play it again so badly! Everyone loves duke :D

Clive Barker's Undying - If you haven't played this yet, stop what you're doing and play this game now.

try games like baldurs gate series, icewind dale series and diablo1, 2, because no huge strides have been made in top down games graphics anyway, so no disappointment!

Half-Life
Ground Control
System Shock 2
Max Payne 1 & 2
AvP 1 & 2
Hidden and Dangerous 1 & 2
Unreal
MOH:AA
CoD
Rune
SoF 1 & 2
Clive Barkers Undying

Theres probably more but I loved all of these when they were new.

IDK if this will run on your computer or not, but there is a sweet, online multilayer mod for counterstrike that is James Gond: Golden Eye, it would be sweet to play on the Asus if you could get it running!

Also I would suggest age of empires, (even though it was just mentioned) CoD, roller coaster tycoon (hey its always fun to mess around with)

Command & Conquer
and C&C Red Alert :)

GTA "1"
Destruction Derby
Midtown Madness

*PS* Good mention on Day of the Tentacle that game was sweet ;)

System Shock 2
No One Lives Forever
The Longest Journey
Jedi Outcast
Max Payne
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

I'd say Sam & Max (the original, not the series) and Duke3d are solid choices. Hexen was fun too.

System Shock 2
Half-Life
Starcraft
WarCraft II
FF VII
FF VIII
Chrono Trigger
Metal Gear Solid
Killer Instinct
Super Mario Brothers

..And so many more that you can emulate for the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.

Red Baron!

Thanks for the link, Mark.
:D i used to play that as a kid. sucked at it but i might try it again lol.

another game i had fun with was Wolfpack...controlled a german u-boat. only thing i hated about it was typing in passages from the stupid book to continue with the levels. seems a lot of games did that. was that some kind of anti-piracy thing they did back then?

OMG YES!

I cant find this game anywhere though!

RE: Rune

I used to be very active in that game in the *CHAOS* guild if anyone played hardcore enough to remember. Back then, in version 1.01 with realistic movement to boot, you could throw one of the big weapons and get a one shot kill. They changed that in later versions along with the movement. I never did like the more arcade feel to it. That was what shifted many players and caused many more to leave.

To this day, Rune is still one of my favorite games. Many people have petitioned Human Head to make a Rune 2.

Back