classic look in Win10?

xXaNaXx

Gawd
i upgraded my laptop to W10 and installed Classic Shell to turn the start menu back to the "Windows 7" look, so that part is fixed.

however, the rest of the general look of the operating system really annoys me because they bloated EVERYTHING up in size (fonts, button/icon spacing, etc.) because it's pretty evident that they still intend this to be a tablet operating system that runs on a desktop/laptop, vs. giving you a choice in the matter.

is there any theme that allows you to get everything to look like the "Windows Classic" theme that is available in Win7 so that my fonts are twice the size they should be, the buttons/icons are small again, and the task bar is just the standard "boring grey bar" at the bottom of the screen again?

i know the "official" Windows Classic theme is no longer supported, but are there any good custom themes that are available for download which basically does the same thing?

The reason everything is bigger is that's optimized for larger resolutions on smaller screens. If you don't like the size of elements you can go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and set them all individually.

Back