Classic Edition Super NES with 21 Games

Heh.

Classic?
https://www.amazon.com/case-Raspberry-Old-Skool-Tools/dp/B01M4OOY4U

Super?
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Tinytendo-Raspberry-Model-Cooling/dp/B01MYFJUI4

Or 64?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VFGKXF

I like the classic one, personally, and it's also the cheapest of the 3.

Now just add raspberries... and one of these controllers (that Cyraxx linked above):
https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP801GY/dp/B002B9XB0E

edit - I think these controllers are a little cooler looking (darker) and it's 2 for the price of that one:
https://www.amazon.com/iNNEXT-Nintendo-Controller-Gamestick-Raspberry/dp/B01N7ANDLC

Now all someone needs to do is make a shell of the games that can sit on top of those, with a screen where the game sticker would be, and have it display whatever game is being played at the time.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can't see spending the money on it to be honest. I was hoping we would get a switch virtual console announcement over E3 but still nothing from Nintendo. As badly as everyone trashed the wii-u, it was great being able to play older snes and N64 titles on the tablet and have an entire store full of VC games to choose from.

Meh -- Nintendo fucked themselves out so many customers with the artificial scarcity thing from the NES classic, their decision to produce so few, and then STOP production all together while there were still tons of people clamoring for one, means I pretty much have zero interest in this thing. NES classic is currently almost $250 on amazon ($400 on ebay for buy it now) , fuck that, and fuck Nintendo.

I'm mostly upset because these two types of throwback consoles were the first nintendo items I've been genuinely excited for since the N64, and they pissed it away with the usual stupid business decisions they make.

Nintendo : "Hey, they're in stock now!" <5 seconds later> "Aaaand they're gone. Hey, who wants and N64 classic?"

Eighty dolla? Jeez just buy a used SNES and a shoebox of games from ebay.

And there won't be any in stock anyway.

I don't get Nintendo's goals with these things. They could have tripled supply of the last one and it still could have been considered "limited edition".
I think they are testing the demand for their old games.

Well at least the SFC looks like it's going to have full sized controllers, unlike the Famicom which is definitely the WORST version of Classic consoles they will release from this point onwards.

Still, I think I will bite on this. Anyone know if the SNES and SFC will have the same library of games?

(And probably will pull the trigger on the NES Classic and Mini Famicom, they cost $260 combined for me)

I think they are testing the demand for their old games.

If they wanted to make some serious cash - they should have setup the NES classic with a sort of appstore type thing where you could download however many games you want to the thing for $2.99 each. or some trivial amount. Actually produce enough of the damn things to satisfy demand and then rake in the cash when children of the 80's like myself plunk down a few bucks for their favorite classic games that work smooth on modern 1080 and 4k screens. Would make them a bundle and combat the piracy they are always bitching about with ROMS.

Well, it was definitely a smarter idea than that stupid "family games" bullshit of the Nintendo Wii. Definitely takes the cake for worst system of all time.

All that system will ever be remembered for are things like Wii Sports/Bowling.

Ohhh, the Wii has some pretty sweet games for it. And it is a modder's dream.

Gamecube controller support as well for older games and the classic style Wii controllers that are great for playing stuff like SNES and other old console games with.

Never getting rid of my Wii. I really should set it up for my kids so they can have fun playing the the old NES and SNES games.

Star Fox 2? Thats is strange, the game was never released and what we have as roms is a leaked buggy beta. I wonder if Nintendo has done any work on it.

Sorry guys, as long as I am here on this side of the pacific, these things will never cross the pacific, as in ever. I am down for several millions of it.

Makes me consider selling my switch. Haven't turned it on in 2 months... no virtual console for it. But hey, well release another xxx-classic with induced scarcity.

Nintendo needs to go away.

I wonder what is driving the trend towards retrogaming. Are new games too complex? Too long to beat? Too many SJW and political themes? Not enough gameplay innovation?

I like the classics but it is confusing why people are getting so excited over these retro consoles. Any why they would pay so much $$$ above retail price. Especially as others have mentioned since one can get a usb snes control pad replica and play on PC.

I wonder what is driving the trend towards retrogaming. Are new games too complex? Too long to beat? Too many SJW and political themes? Not enough gameplay innovation?

I like the classics but it is confusing why people are getting so excited over these retro consoles. Any why they would pay so much $$$ above retail price. Especially as others have mentioned since one can get a usb snes control pad replica and play on PC.

Good games never get old.

Retrogames are fun, and more challenging than the newer games.
As for getting these from Nintendo though, I agree, are 100% a waste of money.

Some game genres are mostly extinct on AAA as well with newer games, with strong emphasis on 3D/FPS everything.

Like Michael Bay movies, there is only so many ways you can rehash a FPS/TPS based game until the player base gets REAL tired of it. A lot of the FPS/TPS these days are held up by either:

1. Franchise recognition (CoD, Star Wars, etc).
2. New IP (Witcher being a more recent example where the plot is nothing like your run of the mill fps)

Both Mario and Sonic have released new platformers in recent years too, despite the fact that they already have gone 3D ages ago.

Back