Classic Alien Vs Predator 2000 goes free

Requires you to receive a beta key for GOG Galaxy... has anyone gotten one yet?

The description suggests that anyone who signs up for the Galaxy beta (http://www.gog.com/galaxy) before October 17th and is accepted will get a free copy. You'll obviously need a key to get the game, but I get the sense that you only need to sign up within the next couple days to be eligible, even if you aren't accepted until after 10/17.

What is so special about this old game?

It was arguably one of the only 2 good Alien games ever released. This one and its sequel. That debate continues now that Alien: Isolation is now released.

The multiplayer for the second game was amazing. I was introduced to the series too late to get in to the first game's multiplayer, but I wouldn't doubt it was amazing also.

so I can sign up for the Galaxy beta but not actually participate if I get selected?

Great game!

Unfortunately, I've already purchased it twice. Once upon release and again on Steam....

Fond memories of that game on the ole AMD K6-2 300mhz, 32mb ram, and a TNT2-m64 :)

damn missed it =( Still cant believe noone has made an uptodate alien vs predator thats has awesome MP...its got all the perfect scenarios for an awesome mp game.

I still believe this AVP was one of the funnest experiences I have had in a FPS. I was running a PC game center when this came out in the late 90's and I used to play as an Alien most of the time. People found it hard to play as the Alien since it was so disorienting but I loved it. Being able to run up walls and crawl across a ceiling and fall down on unsuspecting Marines was pure bliss. I can remember the screams from the kids in other game rooms.
I liked the second one and the Predator was a little better in that one but it didn't hold the appeal of the first one when dealing with Aliens and it was a big let down for me in that aspect.

Edit- Oh and the single player was great also. If you start as an Alien, you literately start as a face hugger, then you have to eat your way out of a person's chest to continue on.
Edit2 turns out after looking at some game, the face hugger thing was in the second game. Still that game had an awesome single player.

Last edited:
Occidio : I still cant believe noone has thought to bring this to next gen online gaming...the possibilities of online marine, alien, predator would be amazing for gameplay...instead we get all the crappy FPS shooters of today....Anyone have a spare key =()

Hell if I know. When it came out on Steam years ago there was so much hoopla that I tried it and regretted doing so. There was just nothing to the game that was interesting or fun at all.

Back