Clash of Clans

dtess17

2[H]4U
So I am 100% addicted to this game. I swear it's like virtual crack.

It's on both iOS and Android. Go download it and start playing

Feel free to join my clan

update
Helios Rising is the clan now

Last edited:
Yea I made a clan for the people at my work.
It is a lot of fun!

I hate you.... Cant stop playing lol... Playing as m33pm33p..

update:
We are closing down there old clan. Apparently the : makes it hard to search...I dunno

New clan is Helios Rising. All are welcome

I will when I have enough trophies.
FWIW, I had an easy enough time finding it in the search. Might have been a good filter against idiots, lol.

I just joined the clan. Been playing this one for a while and my last clan has gotten pretty slow. I'm fairly high level and can donate lvl 3 dragons so get your town halls up to 20!

BTW, thanks OP for recommending this game. Bunches of fun, and I'm working up my trophies and levels. It's interesting to see all the different ways people build their towns. Right now I've worked out a rather mean setup:

I have the town in the bottom corner. It's enclosed on ALMOST 4 sides. There's what appears to be a purposeful gap at the top, and a small gap at the bottom along the edge. Of course, everyone goes for the second. And they always lead off with their giants. SO, I lined that gap with my traps. As a result, their cannon-hunting giants are either destroyed or heavily damaged. Leaving the Mortar, cannons and towers to wipe them up.
Opponents fall for it every time. It's hilarious.
plan.png

Addicted as well. Just joined the clan I'm Darkness. Hoping it's more active than my last!

My two accounts are DRACK870, and DRACK17

I've been telling people for months, this game is like crack...once you get a taste you can't stop

Last edited:
BTW, thanks OP for recommending this game. Bunches of fun, and I'm working up my trophies and levels. It's interesting to see all the different ways people build their towns. Right now I've worked out a rather mean setup:

I have the town in the bottom corner. It's enclosed on ALMOST 4 sides. There's what appears to be a purposeful gap at the top, and a small gap at the bottom along the edge. Of course, everyone goes for the second. And they always lead off with their giants. SO, I lined that gap with my traps. As a result, their cannon-hunting giants are either destroyed or heavily damaged. Leaving the Mortar, cannons and towers to wipe them up.
Opponents fall for it every time. It's hilarious.
plan.png

Hate to break it to you but troops can be spawned in the woods. I love bases setup like yours, easy picking lol.

I was about to make a thread for this game several months back when it launched on Android. I've been on it every day since it launched, hah.

I wish I could join this [H] Clan, but I started my own clan when I started and have recruited about 20 of my IRL friends and co-workers, lol. So I don't want to leave them when I'm their leader and am friends IRL.

I just recently moved to TH8 from a totally maxed out TH7 though. I like to max everything out (including walls) before moving onto the next TH. It's funny to see people prematurely upgrade to TH10+ with like level 5 defenses and walls and I can at least 2-star them with my moderately leveled troops.

I was about to make a thread for this game several months back when it launched on Android. I've been on it every day since it launched, hah.

I wish I could join this [H] Clan, but I started my own clan when I started and have recruited about 20 of my IRL friends and co-workers, lol. So I don't want to leave them when I'm their leader and am friends IRL.

I just recently moved to TH8 from a totally maxed out TH7 though. I like to max everything out (including walls) before moving onto the next TH. It's funny to see people prematurely upgrade to TH10+ with like level 5 defenses and walls and I can at least 2-star them with my moderately leveled troops.

Maxing things out is the way to go. Makes everything so much easier in the long run.

I saw the notification and video for Clan Wars coming soon in the game this morning. I wonder how that's going to work..? However it works, I'm sure it's going to be a breath of fresh air to this game. The whole concept of "Clans" in this game has been pretty weak so far. There definitely needs to be more interaction with clan mates and other clans.

I saw the notification and video for Clan Wars coming soon in the game this morning. I wonder how that's going to work..? However it works, I'm sure it's going to be a breath of fresh air to this game. The whole concept of "Clans" in this game has been pretty weak so far. There definitely needs to be more interaction with clan mates and other clans.

I think it will totally change the game. As you said, it makes being in a clan something more than just chat, and troop donations. There will need to be more communication and strategy

I think it will totally change the game. As you said, it makes being in a clan something more than just chat, and troop donations. There will need to be more communication and strategy

Doesn't seem like it totally changes the game. More like an add-on, since the game still retains its normal battle functionality and what happens in clan wars doesn't seem like it can (negatively) affect your resources outside of Clan Wars, which is pretty nice. This guy's channel has a nice run-down of how the system will work.

Also, just for the hell of it, I'm posting my base on here. Let me know if you see anything I can improve.

bHPsHv5.png

I kinda copied it from another base I found online, but I made some considerable modifications to it to improve it, I think. Oh, and the only reason I put that Mortar on the outside of the walls is to draw Giants to it instead of the walls and give my defenses more time to take them down. Whenever I'm upgrading any defense assets, I put them outside of my walls for this reason. Normally that mortar goes where that wizard is up top, and that wizard goes where that big bomb is at the bottom, and that big bomb goes near that opening next to that archer tower on the left side. So I make small mods to the base as I'm upgrading things to kind of counter their absence. So far, I have yet to be 3-stared (or even have troop make it to all 3 storages) with this base, even with TH10 troops attacking, but I've only been running it for a few weeks.

Last edited:
WHy do you have your town hall outside the base? I was under the impression that killing off the player's town hall is an auto win for the attacker.

WHy do you have your town hall outside the base? I was under the impression that killing off the player's town hall is an auto win for the attacker.

It's a great way to get a free shield if you're farming resources. Most people take out the townhall and leave, taking the free 5ish trophies.

So if you're farming resources and don't give a shit about trophies, put the townhall outside

It's a great way to get a free shield if you're farming resources. Most people take out the townhall and leave, taking the free 5ish trophies.

So if you're farming resources and don't give a shit about trophies, put the townhall outside

Pretty much. I try to keep trophies around 1300-1400 for relatively easy looting of other bases. Despite this farming layout, I was able to get up to Crystal/2000 trophies pretty easily (just a bit time consuming) in order to get that 250 gem achievement and save up enough for a 4th builder. Then I intentionally dropped back down to that 1350ish range for easier bases to attack/loot.

Edit: And the Clan Wars update is live. Just got it. Booted up to a gem box on my lawn! Did everyone else get one too?

Last edited:
I started this about two weeks ago, quite an addictive little game. I have my clan hall set up, but have not been able to generate enough trophies to join Helios or any other clan. How should I go about looking for a clan, I am more of a farmer, than an attacker but I do like revenge.

I started this about two weeks ago, quite an addictive little game. I have my clan hall set up, but have not been able to generate enough trophies to join Helios or any other clan. How should I go about looking for a clan, I am more of a farmer, than an attacker but I do like revenge.

I just joined a random clan. I'm kind of stuck around 1050 trophies, but I think it's because I have neglected some of my defenses.
Attacking can be a great way of getting ahold of resources for a big build. The key is being choosy as to who you attack.

Well I've won and tied my first two Clan Wars. It seems there's a glitch in the game because both times it has gypped me and my clan mates out of our Dark Elixir winnings. :(

I'm not sure how I feel about the Clan Wars thing. On one hand, it's fun to go head to head with a group. BUT, it also seems like a dev device to increase spending of in game resources to make them more scarce, driving gem sales.
My clan won the first and got wiped the second.

BUT, it also seems like a dev device to increase spending of in game resources to make them more scarce, driving gem sales.

Not if you go after your recommended targets and win, I don't think. I went after my recommended target and one considerably lower level than me (since a couple of my lower clan mates weren't attacking), and got back considerably more resources than I spent attacking them. I may have spent around 110k attacking both of them and got back 365k gold/elixir from winning my first war. I pretty much broken even tying my 2nd war though.

Back