CL TH 10 Worklog-Complete Madness

theseeker

2[H]4U
I hope you all enjoy my madness. The CL TH 10 is a great place to start, a beautiful case, well engineered and nothing but quality through and through.

It is big.....

DSC03925.jpg

DSC03926.jpg

And so is the pedestal....:eek:

DSC03949.jpg

Definitely makes the RIIIE look small.....

DSC03956.jpg

It will be a challenge to fill it up, but I am up to the challenge...I think?

DSC03971.jpg

Even the PSU side is big.....

DSC03958.jpg

I think I have enough fittings....

DSC03995.jpg

Enough 580's?...Check!

DSC03896.jpg

Fans?...Check!

DSC04009.jpg

Pumps?...Check!

DSC03996.jpg

SSD's?.....Check!

DSC03999.jpg

Extra sleeving?....Check!

DSC04002.jpg

And now for the details;

Three loops:

Loop 1 CPU & Ram block, 2 D5's & a Feser 120.4
Loop 2 GPU's only, 2 D5's & a Feser 120.4
Loop 3 KL MB, 3 Aquaero 5 XT's with PA's and the Aquadrive X-4, probably a 240 rad

The other stuff;

MB ASUS R3E-990x with a Silver Aqua Kryos
VGA 3 x eVGA GTX 580 SC with Aqua Nickel coolers
LSI Raid Card 4 x 64 Crucia SSD'sl RAID 0, with the key!
2x128 Crucial SSD's, for whatever
2x1TB WD in RAID 1 & 1 3 TB WD for storage
Aqua Multiswitch

Now I need a scotch and a smoke!

DSC03911.jpg

Cheers!

After all that you can still afford cigarettes lol?? HAHA

Nice ass case. Man that damn thing is massive. It looks like it would hold quad motherboards lol. I think you are going to have more fun building it rather than using it. I know I do when I build my machines.

Question.... what brand is that really long res and where did you get it from? I want to get one and do a waterfall effect when the coolant drains back into it. I love the relaxing sound of trickling water. Serious I do. It relaxes me.

Also I seen your post over on Overclock.net and what is the price of this case? I wouldnt mind getting one. Do they come in black?

Last edited:
After all that you can still afford cigarettes lol?? HAHA

Nice ass case. Man that damn thing is massive. It looks like it would hold quad motherboards lol.

Question.... what brand is that really long res and where did you get it from? I want to get one and do a waterfall effect when the coolant drains back into it. I love the relaxing sound of trickling water. Serious I do. It relaxes me.

Also I seen your post over on Overclock.net and what is the price of this case? I wouldnt mind getting one. Do they come in black?

It is an EK 400 Advanced Res and you can get here http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekresx2400ad.html

There are many options for the case's that CL offers. They range from $360-900 depending upon what you want. I can tell you that this is the last case you will ever need. The quality is unsurpassed and CL's CS is the best!

HTH

It is an EK 400 Advanced Res and you can get here http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekresx2400ad.html

There are many options for the case's that CL offers. They range from $360-900 depending upon what you want. I can tell you that this is the last case you will ever need. The quality is unsurpassed and CL's CS is the best!

HTH

i'm torturing myself over getting one of these magnificent cases myself. what did it cost to ship?

cant wait for the final build, looks like it will be amazing

A small update today. I remounted the rads to suit my pump and tube routing.

DSC04018.jpg

While pondering the pump to rad hook-up, I remembered I had some BP crystal links...

DSC04019.jpg

Obviously I will have to get black fittings, but this is an easy option.

DSC04020.jpg

I found some permanent housing for the SSD's!

DSC04021.jpg

Cheers...:

A very happy 4th to all of you!

A very minor update today....

The attention to detail regarding this CL case still amazes me, the little things.....like the little rubber bushings, thanks CL!

DSC04022.jpg

Yea, we are in the penthouse!

DSC04024.jpg

These little rubber bushings were an unexpected surprise and very nice. Great job Jim!

I think have everything sorted out now and my final plan is in place. I had to place a few orders today, a lot of fittings, a second PSU due to all the extra peripherals, longer breakout cable and longer SATA cables. I should be back on track by Wednesday or Thursday.

Cheers...

EDIT: 4 more fans too!

2nd EDIT: The ribs are about to go on the grill..............

Just a small update today. I mounted the fan to SSD cage...

DSC04025.jpg

I know not very exciting. However, the next step did require a small amount of modding...

DSC04027.jpg

Please do not try this at home! I had to drill 4 holes in the rad and tap them to fit the CL fan holders...:eek:

DSC04026.jpg

I hope you are watching Jim. :D

More gear arrives tomorrow and Friday, which should provide for an interesting weekend.

Cheers!

dude ur box is just amazing, i love the build log man, can't wait to see this done, keep up the good work

Could you just for the sake of my personal sanity share with us a ballpark of this projects cost? I am highly motivated by your project and am considering this for my next refresh when Ivy socket 2011 comes out.

Could you just for the sake of my personal sanity share with us a ballpark of this projects cost? I am highly motivated by your project and am considering this for my next refresh when Ivy socket 2011 comes out.

I think the rough Ballpark is... Expensive :D But it is very awesome

dude ur box is just amazing, i love the build log man, can't wait to see this done, keep up the good work

Thank you!

I have never added it up, but i am thinking a little over 5...:eek:

I think the rough Ballpark is... Expensive :D But it is very awesome

Thank you!

not to crap the thread or anything, but why no SR2?

not to crap the thread or anything, but why no SR2?

NP. That was the original plan, but after communicating with a number of SR-2 owners, their recommendation was to go this route. I do a lot of gaming and 990 is better suited for gaming.

Fortunately for me, I had not opened the SR-2 box or the CPU's!

Will you adopt me??? Or trade me cases??? Had I know about these cases I would have deffinately considered one of these bad boys.

NP. That was the original plan, but after communicating with a number of SR-2 owners, their recommendation was to go this route. I do a lot of gaming and 990 is better suited for gaming.

Fortunately for me, I had not opened the SR-2 box or the CPU's!

fair enough, keep up the good work man, are those 580s the 3GB version

Will you adopt me??? Or trade me cases??? Had I know about these cases I would have deffinately considered one of these bad boys.

My answer is always the same, do you do yard work? The case is the best that I have ever touched and it will last you a very long time.

fair enough, keep up the good work man, are those 580s the 3GB version

No, just the vanilla version. :D Thanks for the compliment!

My answer is always the same, do you do yard work? The case is the best that I have ever touched and it will last you a very long time.

Im like Hank Hill when it comes to yard work. Do you plan on doing any special lighting or plexiglass work.

Im like Hank Hill when it comes to yard work. Do you plan on doing any special lighting or plexiglass work.

I will probably do some of both, but it will be a work in progress for the near term. There are many options with this case!

I was expecting a few shipments yesterday and today. Unfortunately, only 4 out of 5 arrived, thanks UPS. However, the main parts arrived safe and sound. I have the last of fittings that I need and believe it or not I will be using some compression fittings for this build. :eek: Yep, a new one for me. This build is getting a little complicated, which I enjoy, but the thought of near boiling H20 to squeeze on tubing for 30+ fittings made my hands numb. So I will be using some compression fittings in areas where they will not be easily seen. I will not bore you with pics of fittings....

I present to you the first white Aquadrive and possibly the first white Multiswitch?

DSC04028.jpg

The rear....

DSC04029.jpg

I like it, but it will be a challenge to mount, as it weighs about 15 Lbs with 3 HDD's..:shocked:
Next up, 2 A5 XT's in white and please notice that one has black screws and the other stainless....I thought that black would be a good idea, but then I would have to change everything to black...

DSC04033.jpg

And one with the Poweradjust faceplate...

DSC04034.jpg

I think I will leave the PA faceplate out and go with 3 A5 XT's and the Multiswitch. The PA looks a little boring to me. comments?

I almost forgot, another PSU...........

DSC04032.jpg

Everything I need is here, so tomorrow will be a big day. I will be mounting the pumps, BP power station, drain lines, some sleeving (which I hate), tubing from the basement and whatever else I can accomplish.

I was expecting a few shipments yesterday and today. Unfortunately, only 4 out of 5 arrived, thanks UPS. However, the main parts arrived safe and sound. I have the last of fittings that I need and believe it or not I will be using some compression fittings for this build. :eek: Yep, a new one for me. This build is getting a little complicated, which I enjoy, but the thought of near boiling H20 to squeeze on tubing for 30+ fittings made my hands numb. So I will be using some compression fittings in areas where they will not be easily seen. I will not bore you with pics of fittings....

I present to you the first white Aquadrive and possibly the first white Multiswitch?

DSC04028.jpg

The rear....

DSC04029.jpg

I like it, but it will be a challenge to mount, as it weighs about 15 Lbs with 3 HDD's..:shocked:
Next up, 2 A5 XT's in white and please notice that one has black screws and the other stainless....I thought that black would be a good idea, but then I would have to change everything to black...

DSC04033.jpg

And one with the Poweradjust faceplate...

DSC04034.jpg

I think I will leave the PA faceplate out and go with 3 A5 XT's and the Multiswitch. The PA looks a little boring to me. comments?

I almost forgot, another PSU...........

DSC04032.jpg

Everything I need is here, so tomorrow will be a big day. I will be mounting the pumps, BP power station, drain lines, some sleeving (which I hate), tubing from the basement and whatever else I can accomplish.

Whats the AX750 going to be used for? The WC equipment? Or you gonna use that to run seperate power to the GPU's? Also how are you going to power on the other PSU? Some kind of relay that senses when the main PSU is on?

Whats the AX750 going to be used for? The WC equipment? Or you gonna use that to run seperate power to the GPU's? Also how are you going to power on the other PSU? Some kind of relay that senses when the main PSU is on?

Excellent question! Stay tuned......and thanks for looking in!

Welcome to the latest chapter of my Madness. I basically accomplished everything I wanted to today, but as usual with this case, a few more options became apparent. More on that later.
The basement is done, pumps mounted, drain lines in place and all of the cables are ready. I took many pictures, but it is hard to capture the pedestal pics, so I will show you what I did with the pumps out of the pedestal.

DSC04040.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

Pump-T-Crystal Link-Rad. The line out of the T is my drain and yes, I am using compression fittings in the basement (pedestal) I never knew how easy these fittings were to use.

Having accomplished that task, I moved on to the creative part. I cut some acrylic in red and black for a baseplate/midplate just for kicks. I liked the red much better.....

DSC04039.jpg

DSC04038.jpg

I think it looks sexy! LMK what you think?

As you can see above I also mounted the A5's, Multiswitch and the Aquadrive...:eek: Yep, the Aquadrive weighs in 16 LBS loaded and I was concerned that the case would not hold it. Happily, I was wrong! Way to go JIM and CL. :up::up:

Full frontal..............However, the alignment of everything is not set, so don't torch me. I had to see how everything would look together!

DSC04036.jpg

DSC04042.jpg

DSC04043.jpg

To say the least I am very happy. This case is a craftsman's dream, especially for an H20 cooler. If you study the pics you will see that I have one 5.25 left. My original plan was to use the third A5, but I think it would look out of place. I will probably use the PA instead. Thoughts?

I almost forgot! Because this case has so many options; I could use the BP bulkhead fittings through the acrylic or route the tubing through the middle of the case. This one has me befuddled. I can see it either way, but making the final decision is tough. Once again, any comments would be welcomed.

Lastly I received this from Shoggy today.....

AquaBanner.jpg

Many thanks Shoggy, and yes I am old, but I still drink and have a good time!

Cheers, and all the best. :D

wow man, ur hardcore, keep up the good work. the amount of room in that case is sooo great; i love the triple sli, woulda gone triple 6970 but I just lean that way; what a sick setup man so sick indeed

wow man, ur hardcore, keep up the good work. the amount of room in that case is sooo great; i love the triple sli, woulda gone triple 6970 but I just lean that way; what a sick setup man so sick indeed

Many thanks!

5 would be best, it'd make those with 2600s at 5ghz jealous lol.

5 would be best, it'd make those with 2600s at 5ghz jealous lol.

True, but I have more cores!

The PA2's showed up today so I mounted the plate under the Aquadrive...

DSC0404878.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

It looks a bit industrial, but I like it. Then I started playing around with a location for the third res. This is an I&H and it is high quality, although it may be a bit small....

DSC04050.jpg

I am trying everything, but this looks a little ghetto...

DSC04044.jpg

This is the way I will probably go....

DSC04052.jpg

DSC04051.jpg

Remember that just about everything is thrown in at this point, so the alignments are off. Rest assured that the final product will be as close to perfect as possible.

I have to decide upon the size of the res, but I have a number of options mounting wise. On a side note, the I&H res is pure quality and the mounting is the best that I have ever used, period.

Now to let a few cats out of the bag! All of my tubing will be clear Primochill LRT 3/8 x 5/8 in the viewing "section." The basement will be LRT in black and white. However, I will be using dyes, Mayhem's red for the CPU & RAM loop, Mayhem's black (custom mix) for the A5, MB & HDD loop and Ice Dragon white for the GPU loop. This should look pretty cool with three reservoirs, at least I hope!

Cheers and thanks for following along

yepp, i was hinting at the extra cores haha

man you're going to have amazing temps. will you have a few fans in there other than on the rads to keep airflow going? do u even need to?

alex

yepp, i was hinting at the extra cores haha

man you're going to have amazing temps. will you have a few fans in there other than on the rads to keep airflow going? do u even need to?

alex

Probably 4 in the case.

Another option is to mount a res directly to the acrylic with a D plug...

DSC03875.jpg

DSC03874.jpg

I will come up with something.

Probably 4 in the case.

Another option is to mount a res directly to the acrylic with a D plug...

DSC03875.jpg

DSC03874.jpg

I will come up with something.

Your project seems to be coming a long amazingly. I would not rush because once you get your super cool looking PC all together you are going to be super bored and can only play crysis full blown so much until you are sick of it.

In all honestly people like our community on this forum with Enthusiast hardware are really getting the big shaft from game developers with these shit ass console cheapie 2 cent conversions. Crap ass games not even worth a Bit Torrent download like Duke Nukem forever and Dungeon Siege 3.

Your project seems to be coming a long amazingly. I would not rush because once you get your super cool looking PC all together you are going to be super bored and can only play crysis full blown so much until you are sick of it.

In all honestly people like our community on this forum with Enthusiast hardware are really getting the big shaft from game developers with these shit ass console cheapie 2 cent conversions. Crap ass games not even worth a Bit Torrent download like Duke Nukem forever and Dungeon Siege 3.

Thank you for the compliment!

Unfortunately, I am an enthusiast and I will probably continue to be one. The console "deal" is BS IMO and way overblown, but it is what it is. Fortunately, I have a few other hobbies.

Thanks again!

Dang this case is looking awesome. I'm contemplating one of the smaller ones for my next build as I'm struggling to find a decent case that allows me the radiator space i'd like without being as big as say, the 800D. The cube case presents an intriguing compromise, tho this one would be about 5 steps beyond overkill for me. Did you list the exact dimensions somewhere?

Dang this case is looking awesome. I'm contemplating one of the smaller ones for my next build as I'm struggling to find a decent case that allows me the radiator space i'd like without being as big as say, the 800D. The cube case presents an intriguing compromise, tho this one would be about 5 steps beyond overkill for me. Did you list the exact dimensions somewhere?

I have seen some clear acrylic cases at Fry's electronics if you live in America that are smaller and designed for water cooling. And they are crystal clear.

Back