CJ leaks benchmarks of 5870/5850 vs. 285/295

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Stolen from: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/32575530#32575530

5850.png

5870.png

So... tempting... to get a 5870 crossfire setup... :eek: , can only imagine what one would do at 2560x1600 based off of these single-card benches!

I couldn't care much less about eyefinity myself... I run a 30" 2560x1600 monitor and an 84" projectior setup, both of which give insane amounts of viewing room :). I just need the horsepower to drive it :D.

Honestly I wish they would sell some versions of the cards for less without it. Yeah I have 3 monitors but I have no intention of hooking them all to one computer. It costs too much trying to keep up with the GPU game for normal resolutions, no way could I afford to keep up at triple resolutions. 42" is enough for me.

Nice results. Especially impressed with the HD 5850. So much power, and its not even the fastest card! The HD 5870 might need slightly more optimization for Crysis though, but then again, we haven't even taken driver updates and overclocking in account. Great results for a single card, and against pretty low power consumption too.

Good numbers for ATI.

The GTX285 and GTX295 are going to have to crash in price to compete with ATI's $300 and $400 price points and they still lack DX11 and EyeFinity. Hopefully we get some good rebate offers after a few weeks on these new ATI video cards to make the deal all the more sweet.

I find it shocking that all this information is being released, and nvidia hasn't said a thing about their next gen card. I also think intel's Labree is scrwed before it even gets released.

Sounds good to me. If I don't get some definitive G300 numbers by the middle of next month, I've got no problem pulling the trigger on a 5870.

Wow, almost unbelievable! :eek:

This release should enable me to go 4890 Crossfire in a hurry.

Wow, looks like I'll be selling my 285 in a few weeks. 5870 is looking mighty good.

Also worth mentioning from the same source. Check out the ridiculously good Scaling in Crossfire. 5870x2 anyone?

58it1.png

Also worth mentioning from the same source. Check out the ridiculously good Scaling in Crossfire. 5870x2 anyone?

[*IMG]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/801/58it1.png[/IMG]

Yeah, I might grab two 5870's :eek: (hugs wallet, consoles it).

Can anybody say GTX 295 price drop on or after 9/25/09????

Won't do Nvidia no good though, this card uses DX11 and 200 less watts!

I will be getting 5870s in CF

I'm sprinkling my foods with road salt til the "real" benchmarks come out in a couple week.

Well, looks like I'll be replacing my GTX 260 with a 5850 :)

I'm sprinkling my foods with road salt til the "real" benchmarks come out in a couple week.

You don't believe that the cards can perform that well or you think it can improve?

Whether you get it from a site or yourself, I think it equals and outperforms the GTX295 for 1/3 less.

I could knock up similar fake benchmarks like this in about 10 minutes, why are we believing them again?

They may be real or they may be fake, which means they are zero help.

I could knock up similar fake benchmarks like this in about 10 minutes, why are we believing them again?

They may be real or they may be fake, which means they are zero help.

Easy, CJ vouched for them and he's virtually never been wrong on video card leaks for several generations now.

You don't believe that the cards can perform that well or you think it can improve?

Whether you get it from a site or yourself, I think it equals and outperforms the GTX295 for 1/3 less.

Allot of people are skeptical because if these are real benchmarks, they are not from an unbiased source. Also not to mention anyone who is sane would have a healthy skepticism of pre release benchmarks since the R600 debacle. This card will certainly be much better but nothing seems to get blown out of proportion more than the potential impact of next gen ati cards.

Watch out now....lol

When Nvidia releases their GT300 series and it beats the 5800s, the Nvidia fans are going to believe the leaked info and buy two when it releases.

I'm not saying believe every thing on the Internet, but the upcoming gen of GPUs looks promising.

Seeing so many games around or above 100 fps with all that AA and highest resolutions...

yeah.....yeah...

really want to CF 5870...but I sorta want to tri fire a single with a dual too.....

THE CHOICES.

Watch out now....lol

When Nvidia releases their GT300 series and it beats the 5800s, the Nvidia fans are going to believe the leaked info and buy two when it releases.

I'm not saying believe every thing on the Internet, but the upcoming gen of GPUs looks promising.

The smart people buy the best product ATI or Nvidia, leave the fanboy stuff to the kids.

this is like watching the p0rn ...

I really need to sell my GPU now .......especially GTX 295 before the price drop insanely :(

and finally a card max out Crysis with 60fps...

When they had the 4870 leaked benchmarks about 2 weeks before release it was sort of 'meh'. Then at release AMD had the finalized drivers and the performance really surprised everyone. So yes wait for official release and 'real' benchmarks to go with the optimized drivers. This is just foreplay.

I would say that the Unigine Tropics results are very low for the NVIDIA based cards. I know when I run it at 1920x1200 with 8x and 16x that I'm pulling around 50 or more fps. The Far Cry 2 results seem legit for the 295. Can't say for any of the other results on my rig at least, but the Uninine Tropics results are not close to what I achieved with the 295...

looks impressive, will definitely be replacing my 4870's wonder how tri and quad will scale with the 5870's.
AMD/ATi have really delivered and Nvidia might be digging a big hole with expensive to produce parts. The silence from Nvidia is deafening i agree.

When they had the 4870 leaked benchmarks about 2 weeks before release it was sort of 'meh'. Then at release AMD had the finalized drivers and the performance really surprised everyone. So yes wait for official release and 'real' benchmarks to go with the optimized drivers. This is just foreplay.

I kinda have that feeling too. I'll wait until the real and official reviews, but AMD will very likely be working hard to optimize as much about their drivers as possible for the initial release. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of power is waiting to be unlocked in those cards with each new driver release. Just see how much Crysis performance on AMD cards has improved since the introduction of the 4800 series.

The smart people buy the best product ATI or Nvidia, leave the fanboy stuff to the kids.

Hence why waiting a few weeks for Nvidia to mention anything G300 related might not be a bad idea. People who were at PAX said that Nvidia was verbally claiming a release to coincide with Windows 7. It might be true, it might be BS - but it's probably worth waiting a couple of weeks to see if there's anything to it. It's not like there's anything coming in the next 2 months that will strain most current cards.

I really hope these numbers are inaccurate. If not, I might need to get a 5870 and I really, really hate ATI's drivers. :(

Hence why waiting a few weeks for Nvidia to mention anything G300 related might not be a bad idea. People who were at PAX said that Nvidia was verbally claiming a release to coincide with Windows 7. It might be true, it might be BS - but it's probably worth waiting a couple of weeks to see if there's anything to it. It's not like there's anything coming in the next 2 months that will strain most current cards.

I have my doubts they would be. Nvidia usually isn't one for silence this close to release, and usualy with a month out, the rumors would be much more prevalent. Look at 58xx 1 month before release... RV770 and GT200 as well.

Of course, NVDA didnt state *what* they were releasing to coincide with the Windows 7.... they were, after all, coming out with some GT21x cards soon

^ Yup, like I said, it could be total BS or just a re-release of older cards. I'm just saying that it's probably worth waiting for firm benchmarking numbers and giving Nvidia a few weeks to respond.
If there's nothing in the news by the first week in October, seems like a safe buy.

Back