Civ 5 for $7.49 at Gamersgate.com

Says deal on Civ 5 has 4 days and 3 hours as of me posting this. Just can't decide if I'd like to play Civ 5, demo was OK but extremely limiting...just killed a few barbarians and it was over.

There's also a Spellforce Universe package on sale including both Spellforce 1 and Spellforce 2 gold. However I can't tell if you can activate those on Steam or not. Looks like it may be a decent game, but it's really hard to find information on it...so is probably a well rated but overlooked title judging by reviews.

Says deal on Civ 5 has 4 days and 3 hours as of me posting this. Just can't decide if I'd like to play Civ 5, demo was OK but extremely limiting...just killed a few barbarians and it was over.

There's also a Spellforce Universe package on sale including both Spellforce 1 and Spellforce 2 gold. However I can't tell if you can activate those on Steam or not. Looks like it may be a decent game, but it's really hard to find information on it...so is probably a well rated but overlooked title judging by reviews.

I really like Civ V. It's a huge change from the first game and there are some issues, but over all I think they did a good job. The change to hexagon tiles had a drastic impact on how the game plays and the strategies employed, same with getting rid of unit stacking. If you like older Civ games I'd say give it a shot. I bought it day one and haven't regretted it.

the 4 days will be a different price, right now its part of the deal of the day.

I really like Civ V. It's a huge change from the first game and there are some issues, but over all I think they did a good job. The change to hexagon tiles had a drastic impact on how the game plays and the strategies employed, same with getting rid of unit stacking. If you like older Civ games I'd say give it a shot. I bought it day one and haven't regretted it.

It's the Civ game that I lost interest the quickest. I couldn't handle the tactically weak war AI and the psychotically unpredictable and out-of-character diplomacy AI.

Hold off a bit, during the Steam sale they had the GOTY edition for $17 with standard for the same price and all the DLC for $17, so it is more cost effective to get the GOTY next time its on sale, like the winter sale end of December.

Hold off a bit, during the Steam sale they had the GOTY edition for $17 with standard for the same price and all the DLC for $17, so it is more cost effective to get the GOTY next time its on sale, like the winter sale end of December.

Think CIV 5 was 10 something on this last Steam sale..and 16 something for a pack with a lot of DLC but not all DLC. It was missing at least 2 items I noticed, possibly more.

But yeah Im with you on the DLC, they get you pretty good on the DLC later if you don't buy it all in one big bundle. Steamgamesales price history wasn't working for me earlier, so Im just guessing at the prices. But Im sure it was below 10 dollars on civ5 core game, and was at least 16 on the DLC and it most definitely was not all the DLC listed for the game.

Been a long time since I played a civ game, I honestly can't remember if I liked it or not. I know I keep thinking of Age of Empires when I think Civilization...but definitely not the same thing.

Think CIV 5 was 10 something on this last Steam sale..and 16 something for a pack with a lot of DLC but not all DLC. It was missing at least 2 items I noticed, possibly more.

But yeah Im with you on the DLC, they get you pretty good on the DLC later if you don't buy it all in one big bundle. Steamgamesales price history wasn't working for me earlier, so Im just guessing at the prices. But Im sure it was below 10 dollars on civ5 core game, and was at least 16 on the DLC and it most definitely was not all the DLC listed for the game.

Been a long time since I played a civ game, I honestly can't remember if I liked it or not. I know I keep thinking of Age of Empires when I think Civilization...but definitely not the same thing.

I got the Civ5 when it was on sale a couple of months ago, then for the Fall sale I wanted to get all the DLC, it was the same price to get the GOTY Edition then to buy all the DLC together, plus it included all the DLC and the Special Edition stuff so I just got that.

It's the Civ game that I lost interest the quickest. I couldn't handle the tactically weak war AI and the psychotically unpredictable and out-of-character diplomacy AI.

Same. I still play civ3 tens years later. Civ5 just is ugh. The AI is just bad. Even on a high difficulty I just crushed it with no problem as they wouldn't settle any more cities after the second one. Most of the features in the game are there because of the limits imposed by the very nice graphics. Cities defend themselves so that you no longer need units to defend it =lesser units. units don't stack -lesser units. Plus the small maps. Even the biggest maps are small compared to civ3. A limitation imposed by the graphics. The game also place more empphises on quick fast paces games rather then the drawn out ones

I'm hoping this will be $4.99 at Steam by the time the X-mas sale rolls around. :cool:

Actually this isn't too bad of a price. The DLC was discounted as well during the Autumn sale. If you wait for the Winter Steam Sale then you can get the DLC for deep discount. I forget how much the DLC was. I think it was $1.50 each or less.

Same. I still play civ3 tens years later. Civ5 just is ugh. The AI is just bad. Even on a high difficulty I just crushed it with no problem as they wouldn't settle any more cities after the second one. Most of the features in the game are there because of the limits imposed by the very nice graphics. Cities defend themselves so that you no longer need units to defend it =lesser units. units don't stack -lesser units. Plus the small maps. Even the biggest maps are small compared to civ3. A limitation imposed by the graphics. The game also place more empphises on quick fast paces games rather then the drawn out ones

Getting rid of unit stacking is probably one of the best things they did in Civ 5 next to the shift to hexagons. I'll agree about the bad AI though. It's too bad that hampers the game the way it does.

Sweet, got a new civ game to play. Haven't touched the series since civ2 so I hope it's as much fun.

Getting rid of unit stacking is probably one of the best things they did in Civ 5 next to the shift to hexagons. I'll agree about the bad AI though. It's too bad that hampers the game the way it does.

Unfortunately getting rid of unit stacking crippled the tactical AI. Damn thing can't figure out how to move units around each other properly. Creating artificial bottlenecks for ambush that the AI would insist on sending its units through over and over is too easy.

Unfortunately getting rid of unit stacking crippled the tactical AI. Damn thing can't figure out how to move units around each other properly. Creating artificial bottlenecks for ambush that the AI would insist on sending its units through over and over is too easy.

Hopefully for Civ VI if they keep the game hexagonal and with no unit stacking they'll put a lot more effort into the AI. Though considering 2K's stupid statement on strategy games not selling Civ VI will probably be a tactical shooter.

Back