City of Heros any good?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Is this game any good or what do you think of it? Is online play free?

15 bucks a month. i got it and quit after the first month. i'd like to still have it, it was fun, but only once in a while. you can't really grind on it and still have fun. it's just the same beat em up crap over and over again. there's no loot to collect or any reason for playing other than getting better skills. if they had some reward for leveling up, then i would still be playing, but it just got too repetative to pay the fee imo.

JonnyK said:
15 bucks a month. i got it and quit after the first month. i'd like to still have it, it was fun, but only once in a while. you can't really grind on it and still have fun. it's just the same beat em up crap over and over again. there's no loot to collect or any reason for playing other than getting better skills. if they had some reward for leveling up, then i would still be playing, but it just got too repetative to pay the fee imo.

I was SAME way quit first months and feel EXACTLY the same about the game.

i have never played it but have a friend who is about 430 hours in, so i quess he likes it a little :rolleyes: . It does look pretty nice though.

It gets boring pretty fast. If you're looking for something to play for a month or two you'll enjoy it. Any longer than that and you'll probably get bored. There's not much to do in the game at all. The only thing to do is run around and kill things. Also, at lower levels partying is an absolute nightmare.

theres no pvp yet either, so all you're doing is running around fighting npc's

City of Villains is due out around Christmas. PvP will be added then but not simply enabled. It will be a complex add-on. Cause no one wants higher lvl villains slaughtering lower lvl heroes in Atlas City. There will be some point in the upper lvl's where PvP will be enabled and limitations on where the villains can go.

It's only $11/month for me. Yes it does get repetitive but thats why there are missions with sub-plots. besides, you get Xp faster that way. There are add-ons and rewards, you just have to be patient to find the really good stuff.

Played the Beta for kicks and absolutlely fell in love. Never had so much fun in a MMORPG since my DAOC days. Waited and waited and finally ought when it came out and played it like crazy for over a month.

Then the level grinding started to kick in, then the groups started to get shitty and or hard to find, then the lack of an ultimate goal of what I was doing started to kick in and ultimately I hardly even play it anymore. With Star Wars Battlefront coming out soon along with a new 6800 GT to play with, i'll be canceling my account at the end of the month.

City of Villians is not planned until Fall 2005.

CoH is a good game with novel game play mechanics. Unfortunately, level grind does stick it to you the longer you play. When it comes down to it..... What is the friggin point???? Where's the goal..... this is the reason, I'm giving up at the end of the month..... :(

Back