citrix and local admins

Farva

Extremely [H]
is there a way a local admin to the citrix machine to have the admin bar removed without right clicking on the bar and clicking on exit? this is because certain apps can only be run as a local admin and not as a domain user. but if the user ever needs the admin bar back, is there a way to get it back?

I would try regmon and filemon to see what the app cant access instead of giving them full admin rights. Beyond that I am not sure with your OP question.

so are you running your app in desktop mode, or published app mode?

and by local admin, do you mean local admin on the server that it's running on, or on the local workstation?

well we use a program called "resultsplus!" the program wont even launch. i know what files wont launch, but when the person is a made an admin to the local machine (the citrix server), the program is able to launch. i have given full rights to those files (just for the user as a domain user and not an admin on the machine) and program doesnt launch. i believe it is a published app.

and no, from an admin's point of view, citrix is good because you do not need to run around everywhere to fix something ;)

Back