CitizenCon Digital Ticket Plan Scrapped Following Uproar among Star Citizen Fans

Should bundled the ticket with re-skin of some garbage ship, called it "exclusive" and watched the money flow in.

Adding updates to a release product and an actual early release product are two separate things. Blizzard games actually show that they spent a lot of time refining mechanics and making the game run great.
Are you referring to the refined elements like D3's Auction House or more like HOTS lacking draft mode for a year?

Are you referring to the refined elements like D3's Auction House or more like HOTS lacking draft mode for a year?

While I hate how lazy Blizzard became after WoW, Star Citizen's shit isn't even in the same league.

You can say what you want about their monetization efforts or lack of competitive design (this is probably due to having an incomplete roster that required balancing) but you can't argue their games aren't mechanically sound.

Since I play-tested those two games under NDA, and then played them during their open testing phases, and continue to play them I certainly can argue those titles were not well polished upon release, which was the point I was responding to and not whether they're "mechanically sound" whatever that means. I've played Star Citizen a few times over the years when I feel like giving it a spin and it's mechanically sound, too. That is, when I push a button on an input device a corresponding reaction occurs on the screen, but maybe you're using that phrase in some other way.

Since I play-tested those two games under NDA, and then played them during their open testing phases, and continue to play them I certainly can argue those titles were not well polished upon release, which was the point I was responding to and not whether they're "mechanically sound" whatever that means. I've played Star Citizen a few times over the years when I feel like giving it a spin and it's mechanically sound, too. That is, when I push a button on an input device a corresponding reaction occurs on the screen, but maybe you're using that phrase in some other way.

Let me know when I can pay money and receive a released product from Cloud Imperium Games. I'm a backer from 2013... for close to 300. At this point I don't even care if the game came out. By the time it does the video card and processor market will have left it behind.

PLUS they seem to be abandoning one of if not THE major reason I am backing. The ability to run your OWN server instance of the PU.

That is the real thing I was looking to be able to do then reach out to the mod community to do something cool with it.

Back