Citizen Men's Nighthawk Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch $199

Happy00000

Limp Gawd
Amazon has Citizen Men's Nighthawk Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch w/ 5-Year Warranty for $198.61.

Linky.

Same price at Newegg.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have 2 EcoDrives. One is ~14 years old, the other is 3. Neither has ever needed a battery, keep time great, and are super durable. I plan on getting a Proximity when they hit revision 2.
I MIGHT buy into this as well. Thanks OP.

Man that watch face has a lot of stuff on it. Looks nice but damn it just looks busy as hell! lol

Man that watch face has a lot of stuff on it. Looks nice but damn it just looks busy as hell! lol

Was coming to post just that, though this is a good deal for an eco-drive.

Here is my daily wear a Citizen Perpetual Chrono A-T #2146 of #2500 (AT4003-04E):
S49uh6Bl.jpg

Love my Eco Drive watch, however I wish they would make more watches without the damn calendar date on it. I know what frigging day it is, I don't want to see that on my watch 24/7.

The night hawk is a nice watch. I did watch and jewelry sales and repair when that model first came out and it's a very handsome watch. It is easy to read at a glance and isn't busy enough to make it difficult to read or interpret. The only real issue to be aware of is that the Eco-Drive watches, like Seiko's Kinetic, don't have a battery but do have a capacitor, which can go bad over time and is more expensive to replace in addition to it being more difficult to find a place that can replace it (and no, that watch kiosk that says they can replace it probably can't.)

Still, for the price, it's a nice looking watch and, if I recall correctly, has an anti-glare coating on the crystal.

People still use wrist watches?! :confused:

I started wearing one again about 2 years ago and I feel naked when I go out and forget to put it on. I only wear it when I go out, not around the house.
I'd like to get one of those nicer watches posted above, but can't really afford a $200+ watch.
I wear an inexpensive Pulsar.

People still use wrist watches?! :confused:

All the time, and for several reasons:
A- I like it.
B- It's considered professional attire and while not mandatory, at least in my (law) profession, it's a good idea, and you look kind of funny without one.
C- it's easier to look at my watch than my phone.
D- I have a woman's wrists and a watch breaks that up.

Quick photo of my daily driver:
IMG_20140121_101701.jpg

I got a similar Citizen watch as a wedding gift. I love it and I wear it everyday. It takes a beating. This is a great price for this watch.

Nice price, I would concur with the others, I really enjoy my Eco Drive as my daily. It's classy enough to not look cheap but if something were to happen to it you're not going to be distraught. It keeps better time than more expensive watches that I own (Raymond Weil) and I don't need need to worry about nicking it or losing it in my daily activities. Great for someone who wants to step up from "Designer" watches in the same price range imo.

Here's the one I wear, great deal also at $218 from Amazon after 10% discount: http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BL547...1390331249&sr=8-46&keywords=citizen+eco+drive

I want to get one of their Atomic watches next, there's one I'm looking at but it's $500 right now, I've read it has gone as low as $300 so I'll have to keep an eye out.

I got all excited, but then I realized this isn't the Navihawk. :( Mine is first generation; before Eco-drive. It's been great, but the electronics keep failing. The Navihawks - apparently renamed to Skyhawk - are considerably more expensive.

I need the multi-time-zone capabilities of the Skyhawks.

Yeah. That's the one I want. This is the one I currently have, with a SS band. It's really old.
citizen-navihawk-2.jpg

Very nice price for a very nice watch. I wear this G-Shock as my daily watch. I'm pretty rough on watches and the GS is about the only brand that can take the pounding.

I got this Citizen Titanium Eco-Drive for Christmas. I put a better band on it and use is as my "special occasion" watch.

Last edited:
Any nice watches like these come with a compass on them? I know I'm playing to much DayZ when I ask this.. LOL

I got all excited, but then I realized this isn't the Navihawk. :( Mine is first generation; before Eco-drive. It's been great, but the electronics keep failing.

Seiko makes a series of watches called the Sportura series. Though they don't appear to make it now, they made a very handsome digital/analog watch with a world time feature, chrono, and alarm. I've got the version with the metal band and I love it. It also has a sapphire crystal, which makes it extremely difficult to scratch, which I prefer over the domed, normal, crystals on the navihawks and americas cup citizen watches.

My watch is this one: Seiko Sportura SNJ005

I own a titanium citizen eco drive but I cannot say I have the same experience. My battery has died twice and may be dead again. I leave it on a window sill to try to keep it charged. But honestly I have not put the thing on in 5+ years. Simply no point in bothering taking a watch on and off when you have a smart phone.

Smart watches might do enough to change my mind at some point, or maybe not, who knows.

Seiko makes a series of watches called the Sportura series. Though they don't appear to make it now, they made a very handsome digital/analog watch with a world time feature, chrono, and alarm. I've got the version with the metal band and I love it. It also has a sapphire crystal, which makes it extremely difficult to scratch, which I prefer over the domed, normal, crystals on the navihawks and americas cup citizen watches.

My watch is this one: Seiko Sportura SNJ005

That's more expensive than the Citizen, so it's no help, though the idea of a sapphire crystal is appealing. I scratch mine up all the time.

That's more expensive than the Citizen, so it's no help, though the idea of a sapphire crystal is appealing. I scratch mine up all the time.

Whoa! Just saw the price on amazon and that's stupid. I was searching for the best picture of the one I have, not the cheapest price. I think MSRP when I got mine was $475 (which I'm pretty sure was, or was just about, that same price as the Navihawk at the time) and the store that I worked at sold to the public at a standard discount of 30% on Seiko. There's a store in my town where I take my watches to get the batteries changed that does th same and, I believe, still has one of this model.

Here, you can get the one with the leather band for $280 at Overstock

Simply no point in bothering taking a watch on and off when you have a smart phone.

How is putting on a watch once per day any more of a bother than pulling a smartphone out of your pocket multiple times per day?

I've worn watches and carried phones for a long time, and the wristwatch is always quicker and classier :p

How is putting on a watch once per day any more of a bother than pulling a smartphone out of your pocket multiple times per day?

I've worn watches and carried phones for a long time, and the wristwatch is always quicker and classier :p

You are getting into an argument no one can win. There are people that wear watches and people that don't wear watches. The reasons for either are meaningless to this thread.

Only watch I'd buy would have to double as something else - like a GPS to track running and heart rate. Too bad they don't make affordable, pretty, bio watches.

I work as a chef, and a watch is very much against health rules so...

Since we're all posting pictures of out watch, here's mine! (picture I found online)

glance-smarttime-225x300.jpg

nexusae0_PebbleBlackWatchSingleButtonSide_2013092510305121.jpg

All the time, and for several reasons:
A- I like it.
B- It's considered professional attire and while not mandatory, at least in my (law) profession, it's a good idea, and you look kind of funny without one.
C- it's easier to look at my watch than my phone.
D- I have a woman's wrists and a watch breaks that up.

Quick photo of my daily driver:
IMG_20140121_101701.jpg

That's the one I had until I gave it away. It's not even in the same league as the nicer citizen watches. Not bad for the $60 I paid for it though.

You are getting into an argument no one can win. There are people that wear watches and people that don't wear watches. The reasons for either are meaningless to this thread.

Yes, there are people that don't wear watches, and that's fine.. those people should automatically know to stay the fuck out of a watch thread :D

I have an automatic Omega Seamaster Pro. I just had to send it in for a $600 maintenance service and was left without a watch for a couple months. A bit of research and I came across some nice looking, low priced, automatic!!!, Seiko models.

I bought a SKX007 and an SNZG15. Both for right around $100 each. Threw on some Zulu straps and they are great!

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

Love my Citizen. Mine is also titanium. In fact i don't think I would ever buy another watch that is not titanium.

Love my Citizen. Mine is also titanium. In fact i don't think I would ever buy another watch that is not titanium.

My older one is as well. I love it because I can go through metal detectors and it doesn't set them off for some reason.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with you there. Everytime I put on a stainless steel watch, it just feels so heavy that it's distracting. But I look at watches like the one in this thread and I kind of start to want to buy it and find out..

Because the watch does nothing more than tell time where the phone tells me everything. So the watch is only useful for the few times a day you don't want to pull your phone out, are not looking at some other clock, (there are clocks all around us all the time, car, computer, walls etc....) Also when I travel my phone automatically changes time not like the watch. Even though mine was a world time watch.

Its simple I have to carry the phone anyway. The watch it just an in the way pain for a niche advantage. BTW putting the watch on is twice a day, on in the morning off at night, unless you are OK sleeping with it. The phone goes in my pocket at the same time as my keys, knife, and wallet.

Back