Cities:Skylines Reveal trailer

that doesn't seem big enough for 50k... IIRC i'm at about 20k and have several towns and a couple cities

I do like the DOF they added, looks really nice.

What are those spire looking things in the middle of your city? Downloaded building? That's an odd shape.

The only thing I hate about this game is the instsance on being so contemporary. My cities feel kinda homogenous. No eras. Sim City 4 had eras and building would style change over time. Plus larger methods of transit become unlocked in time. Even though it lacked 3D and curved roads, the cities felt more alive in SC4....

Gah.

The only thing I hate about this game is the instsance on being so contemporary. My cities feel kinda homogenous. No eras. Sim City 4 had eras and building would style change over time. Plus larger methods of transit become unlocked in time. Even though it lacked 3D and curved roads, the cities felt more alive in SC4....

Gah.

I like to look at my low dense areas with dirty industry, the first era. Then after everyone in town is educated, everything else is high dense and no dirty industry, the next era.

I know, not the same, but still, when was the last time you played SC4? I know when I did, the day before Cities came out. Every time I think of playing it again, I open Cities. I think we actually did get the true successor to SC4 right here. Ironic, isn't it?

I like to look at my low dense areas with dirty industry, the first era. Then after everyone in town is educated, everything else is high dense and no dirty industry, the next era.

I know, not the same, but still, when was the last time you played SC4? I know when I did, the day before Cities came out. Every time I think of playing it again, I open Cities. I think we actually did get the true successor to SC4 right here. Ironic, isn't it?

I still play SC4.

So do I, just not recently.
The 3D is just too much of an upgrade. Haven't gone back since. But then again, I played SC4 for years. I'm done with it. Only went back cause SC5 was such a travesty...

Does anyone else have issues like this:
cities2015-10-3020-40utp4l.jpg

Trees are buggin' hard.

Wow thats Crazy. I have not seen that before. My only issue is a goofy memory leak at times causing 16gb of ram to not be enough after 30 to 60 minutes. I had some weird issues with some buildings I downloaded in one of the recent updates. Seemed to get fixed within a day or two.

Do you have any downloaded tree's or anything that may have replaced original assets? Looks more like a potential GPU driver issue though right now.

Wow thats Crazy. I have not seen that before. My only issue is a goofy memory leak at times causing 16gb of ram to not be enough after 30 to 60 minutes. I had some weird issues with some buildings I downloaded in one of the recent updates. Seemed to get fixed within a day or two.

Do you have any downloaded tree's or anything that may have replaced original assets? Looks more like a potential GPU driver issue though right now.
No mods. Also the colossal order logo shows just solid cyan when I start the game. I even reinstalled the thing and wiped old setting files.

EDIT:
Ookay... Dxtory caused it. It looks like I need to add this to ignore list.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be fucking awesome if you could DRIVE on the streets and highways in your city?

I suck so hard at city building. Darn it I'm going to sit down tonight and figure it out once and for all. Plus I want to try my Steam Controller with the game.

I suck so hard at city building. Darn it I'm going to sit down tonight and figure it out once and for all. Plus I want to try my Steam Controller with the game.

I feel your pain. You think how hard can it be to build some roads and place some buildings. Turns out its a lot harder than I was expecting. Managing the flow of traffic is key but also very difficult. I know there are some mods out there that help with this but I have been playing unmodded to try and get achievements.

One thing I wish they would have is some sort of planing tool. Maybe there is a mod out there for this too that I havent found yet. It would be nice to layout a new area without having to just throw down some roads and hope it all works out. This would be really helpful at that beginning of the game when you have limited resources.

Snowfall patch notes (1.3.0) & release information.
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Cities: Skylines

FEBRUARY 17 - TOTALYMOO
NivJZiI.jpg

Greetings Chirpies!

Tomorrow we release Snowfall, hurray! We are of course very excited to bring you another DLC with snow, trams, more buildings and of course hats for Chirpy.

The DLC is set to launch some time during the afternoon CET.

Having that said - updating a game with the moddability we feature will have its issues. We have worked behind the scenes with a team of the core modders and asset creators to ensure a smooth transition for you all, yet everyone was not available and our resources limited. A few of the more popular mods will stop working with Snowfall.

The biggest one we have identified so far that might cause issues is Traffic++. From what we can see the author is currently not active and we don't have any indication on when or if it will be fixed. For users of this mod we recommend disabling it for new saves and only loading it in"ghost mode" for old saves that are reliant on it being activated to work.

Beyond this we expect most of the major mods and assets to work with Snowfall without bigger problems. HUGE thanks to the wonderful community members and prominent modders that have worked very hard during our closed testing to bring their creations up to speed. You're awesome!

With no further ado, here are the patch notes!

1.3.0-f4

Paid content Snowfall Expansion
  • Winter theme added
  • 3 winter maps
  • 3 new winter parks
  • 4 new landmark buildings
  • Snow (generated on buildings)
  • Snowfall
  • Northern lights
  • Chirper variations and new chirps
  • Winter citizens
  • Winter trees
  • Winter props
  • Cars slow down on snow
  • Some twinkle!
  • New sounds
  • New music
  • Winter versions for a few After Dark growables added
  • Tram added
  • Tram rails, electricity poles and models
  • Tram roads and bridges/tunnels
  • Tram stops
  • Tram depot
  • Thumbnails and tooltips
  • Added to the public transport Info view
  • Added to the economy panel
  • Snow plows, that remove the snow from roads, and snow dump
  • Heating
  • Pipes
  • Geothermal Heating Plant
  • Boiler Station
  • Road maintenance service
  • Road maintenance truck and depot
  • Road condition affects car speed
  • Sauna
  • Temperature affects electricity and heat consumption
  • 8 new Steam achievements
  • 4 new policies
  • New loading tips
  • New loading images
Free for all players:
  • Expanded public transportation UI
  • Line detail / visibility icons
  • Public transport lines panel (sorting of lines by name, vehicle count, passenger count or number of stops, color and renaming and day/night/daynight lines settings) available from the public transport info view
  • Theme editor
  • Added information on which custom map theme is used for a map to New game, Load game, New map and Load map panels, including the theme author name
  • Warning added when trying to use a map or save that has a missing custom map theme
  • New map panel allows custom themes when starting a new map
  • Weather
  • Rain
  • Fog
  • Chirper variations
  • 5 new Steam achievements
  • Thermometer shows current temperature either in Celsius or Fahrenheit
  • Trams/taxi in info view now scalable size
  • Tunnel entrances have lights
  • WORKSHOP PANEL NOW DO ... INSTEAD OF CUTTING TEXT !!!!!
  • Background menu image fading based on what DLCs are owned
  • Main menu DLC badges
  • Building collision height includes props/trees
  • Small fixes for numerous buildings
  • Terrain cliffs and sand have now higher texel density.
  • Terrain cliff and sand textures have been improved and more uniformly tiled relative to different themes.
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: "2x2 Pub" gets built in Tourism districts and not Leisure districts
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: 1x1_Souvenir Shops are built in Leisure Specilization districts.
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Three assets are in the wrong category in the Asset Editor
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: "2x2 Beauty Salon" has wrong sort of names
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Polish text for "User Interface Volume" goes out of bounds
  • Fixed: Russian option text in Display Mode scroll list goes out of bounds
  • Fixed: SPA/RUS: Options: The Aspect Ratio drop-down menu has cut-off text
  • Fixed: Magicka Theme Park is unevenly lit at night
  • Fixed: There is no "Normal" style for European maps
  • Fixed: Animated parks and unique buildings have flashing people and animals when viewed from the Electricity info view
  • Fixed: Elevated roads cannot be upgraded
  • Fixed: Some parks can be built under an elevated road, causing collision issues
  • Fixed: Solar Power plants description doesn't match the functionality
  • Fixed: It's possible to access locked construction menu tabs if loading into a smaller city save game from a large city save game
  • Fixed: Some citizens remain in parks indefinitely and sometimes retain their child bodies
  • Fixed: Graphics: Most props on the Magicka Theme Park are losing textures while zoomed out
  • Fixed: Tourism drops significantly in cities which have reached an attractiveness limit
  • Fixed: If too many 1x1 buildings are built close to each other, they, along with nearby buildings, will disappear if the user zooms out the
    view.
  • Fixed: An error message appears when attempting to continue a power line by selecting the top-most part of a pylon.
  • Fixed: AI: After loading a saved game, multiple vehicles return to their depot.

On a minor note. After Friday your new Community Manager is Graham Murphy, AKA Escher. Please direct communication regarding Snowfall in his direction :)

Cheers,
John

The copy and paste on the new forums is badass! Anyone know how to make the pictures smaller?

Wow this game was all ready pretty tough to manage and now they are taking it to a whole new level with heat and snow removal. I really like the content they are adding and even more so that the majority of it is free but I fear if they are not careful they could go overboard.

The only challenging part to this game is the first 100k people. Once you get past that, it is a breeze.

Now.....given..... I use a lot of pre-fab layouts that have roads and walk paths etc built into them. So I can just plop down massive areas with ease. As soon as you start cranking out massive subway lines, and highways that encompass all zoned pre-fab areas, it is pretty smooth sailing.

I actually picked this up, last night, because i needed something new. After not playing a building sim in quite some time.. (think sim city.. for the snes) this is all a bit overwhelming, but extremely fun. I sat down for a 6 hour learning session post-install and I am impressed.

The only challenging part to this game is the first 100k people. Once you get past that, it is a breeze.

Now.....given..... I use a lot of pre-fab layouts that have roads and walk paths etc built into them. So I can just plop down massive areas with ease. As soon as you start cranking out massive subway lines, and highways that encompass all zoned pre-fab areas, it is pretty smooth sailing.

What is your workflow for this? are you using the asset editor?

I have been out of loop for a bit and just getting back into it. I played vanilla when I started and am looking to expand my horizons now with more content/mods.

TIA

What is your workflow for this? are you using the asset editor?

I have been out of loop for a bit and just getting back into it. I played vanilla when I started and am looking to expand my horizons now with more content/mods.

TIA
You can use the asset editor to create your or there are lots of options that people have already created in the Steam Workshop. I have found a few intersections/interchanges in there that I use quite often. I haven't tried any of the pre-fab sections myself but I have seen them when searching the workshop.

The hardest part of this game for me is transportation. I tried to supplement roads with public transport systems but i never really felt i knew what i was doing. I've watched some tutorials and it's pretty heavy stuff...

You can use the asset editor to create your or there are lots of options that people have already created in the Steam Workshop. I have found a few intersections/interchanges in there that I use quite often. I haven't tried any of the pre-fab sections myself but I have seen them when searching the workshop.

Cool, thanks. Ill play around with it some more.

The hardest part of this game for me is transportation. I tried to supplement roads with public transport systems but i never really felt i knew what i was doing. I've watched some tutorials and it's pretty heavy stuff...

Agreed. The learning curve is two fold; figuring out how to be a traffic engineer and also figuring out how the transportation modes are most efficient. I had some decently set up bus lines, then I added onto my city and wrecked it. Gives it a great level of immersion though.

Agreed. The learning curve is two fold; figuring out how to be a traffic engineer and also figuring out how the transportation modes are most efficient. I had some decently set up bus lines, then I added onto my city and wrecked it. Gives it a great level of immersion though.
Totally. Its hard to predict what the affects of any given expansion will be on your current infrastructure. I'll tell ya one thing--I definitely give my city's planners a little more credit than I previously did before playing this game lol

Lol, thats pretty funny. Bit overkill just to put out that one fire thoughl...

Really want to get back in and play but I'm down with some of my core mods not working (yet I hope) after the last DLC and I have so much downloaded add on's that finding which things to disable / remove will take forever :(

I really like the idea of the weather affects and nighttime. Sadly the implementation really restricts my ability to develop. After suffering through much rain that never stopped and nighttimes that seemed to last way too long, ive disabled these settings :(

They need to make the flashlight on the mouse during night time waaaay brighter.

Back