Cities:Skylines Reveal trailer

I ended up pre ordering last night. Very much looking forward to this!

I saw the 5x5 mod and I think I will give it a try, not as much from the perspective of I want a super city but it may be kind of cool to put multiple mini cities within one larger area for the differences in build style. Big down town urban living center, suburbs and rural all interconnected and part of the bigger map but each semi self contained.

I am curious who well this will perform, I have not tried XL since I put a new PC together and I don't really have the interest in re-installing :(

I've also pre-ordered this. What really sold me was the modding support. There are some serious problems with the default game that modders should be able to fix. The smoking ban for instance, only decreases health, smokers cause a heck of a lot more problems than just reducing everyone's health.

Mesmerizing to watch. I can't believe I just sat here on twitch for an hour just now.

Mesmerizing to watch. I can't believe I just sat here on twitch for an hour just now.

Its definitely looking like the kind of game that you sit down to at 6pm and next thing you know its like 2am.

Its definitely looking like the kind of game that you sit down to at 6pm and next thing you know its like 2am.

Yeah, it's not turn-based but it definitely evokes that "one more turn" feeling from watching it. I'm very excited to play it when it comes out.

Yeah, it's not turn-based but it definitely evokes that "one more turn" feeling from watching it. I'm very excited to play it when it comes out.

Yep. I guess I'm thinking back to those first 10-15 hours of SimCity, that honeymoon period before everyone realized it was all smoke & mirrors with fictitious underlying mechanics and stats that didn't add up. But in that brief but beautiful period, what made the time slip by was constantly having to jump from one crisis to the next.

I feel like a little kid waiting for this. Just two more days! I completely skipped Cities XL (I remember playing the original beta and horrible performance turned me off) and the Sim Cities that came after 4. I'm ready for a good city builder with good mod support.

not my type of game but enjoy...seems like a game architects would enjoy

Where are you guys getting this at $22?

I want to pre-order it today, so I can download tonight hopefully....

is it greenmangaming? Whats the coupon/promo code?

I'll wait for you preorder beta tester suckers to determine if it is worth it ;)

I'll wait for you preorder beta tester suckers to determine if it is worth it ;)

LOLz

I have to much faith that we will get a good Sim City'esk game. I have spent to much money on crap sim city wannabe's and Sim City 5, eeeeeeeeekh :(

Trying to decide if I should pick this up or just reinstall Sim City 4 for the unknown number of time.

I hope this game is successful. The last Sim City almost killed the city building genre.

Well I thought I would have gotten up today with everyone playing after their download, but it seems it's not available yet.

OK. Mid day download I just read.

Last edited:
I still have yet to receive my key from GMG.

Well I thought I would have gotten up today with everyone playing after their download, but it seems it's not available yet.

OK. Mid day download I just read.

Yep, to be expected. This isn't a high profile enough release to warrant a midnight release, which means they are at the mercy of Steam's daily 10AM PST update.

I still have yet to receive my key from GMG.

Same here. I hope they get on it soon. People who purchased from Paradox got their keys overnight, so hopefully we aren't far behind. FYI, from GMG's Twitter: "Lots of enquiries re. Cities Skylines. There's no preload on the game, but pre-purchasers will have keys by unlock time (UTC) today :)"

Reviewers have had the game for a while. There's already a lot of Twitch footage, as well. The embargo exists so they don't feel rushed to compete with each other on a release schedule.

That being said it's a PC game, so TB is probably the only review worth caring about. I doubt anyone at GameSpot, IGN, etc, even know what constitutes a good city builder anymore.

Reviewers have had the game for a while. There's already a lot of Twitch footage, as well. The embargo exists so they don't feel rushed to compete with each other on a release schedule.

That being said it's a PC game, so TB is probably the only review worth caring about. I doubt anyone at GameSpot, IGN, etc, even know what constitutes a good city builder anymore.

I understand why, I also understand hidden agenda's with limiting reviews, footage, etc, even though this game didn't suffer from limited footage, but many times companies will put limits on both to keep the public from knowing the faults of a game. So far, paradox has done well letting footage and playthrough's show on youtube and twitch, because they have nothing to hide with this game, so in cases like this, FULLY understand an embargo.

Anyway, I dont pay attention to anyone elses reviews anymore other than TB because he seems to be the only one that has NO agenda's at all with his reviews.

I used to watch AngryJoe reviews a bit too but noticed he got paid off on a few video's. He lost a small portion of his subscriber base back when for doing so. I still sub to him because hes entertaining, but I take his reviews with a grain of salt nowadays unless he does a real review, anything 6/10 or lower is a true review from him.

ProJared is the only reviewer I watch in relates to Nintendo reviews, but those a different story.

It's also worth noting that the Twitch streamers (and presumably reviewers) were not playing final code. I'm sure Paradox wanted to insure they at least had a couple of days with the shipping version of the game before publishing a score that will stay with the game forever.

i hated the latest simcity, but it was nice being able to (somewhat) play multiplayer on a city builder. Would that be possible on this version? Like buying different sections for each players, or is it single player only?

i hated the latest simcity, but it was nice being able to (somewhat) play multiplayer on a city builder. Would that be possible on this version? Like buying different sections for each players, or is it single player only?

Single player only. IMO, the way it should be. There really isn't an outside world beyond your city. You will import/export things automatically from no mans land, but otherwise there is nothing tying you to any of your other, or anyone else cities.

Cities: Skylines Review

SimCity may have been the series of choice for many years, but with that name now tarnished it was only a matter of time before a developer like CO came along and created a new city builder with the features that players have been crying out for...what’s missing? There are only a couple of minor things as far as I can tell...there’s no day or night cycle, no disasters, and you can’t build tunnels but that’s apparently being added at some point...not a lot missing really and nothing that would make you hold off buying this right now

Cities: Skylines is by far the finest city builder that’s been created for many, many years. It’s a must-have game for anyone who loves the genre...

http://www.incgamers.com/2015/03/cities-skylines-review

hmm......maybe worth getting. I'll built the city I live in, and when I've got it running right show it to the mayor to prove it's possible. ;)

TB as in TotalBiscuit?

1.9GB according to the download on Steam.

Steam is letting me install it now... 3216MB download.

VdbY3mD.png

According to devs it went live at noon EST... an hour early. Good thing I had Steam open on my second monitor, saw the little install button pop up.

Two minutes to download :D

Wow this is getting good reviews across the board. Today I cannot focus at work. I think I have a flu coming on. :p

Back